Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Anyone seen these Ebay UCA's?!? Like SPC's for $95?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-14, 04:26 AM
GSGenesis
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by teeekuuu
I'm sorry if I sounded offensive in any way, english is not my first language and I guess i expressed myself rather rude or something. All i want to know, is how the top nut sercure itself in place. Im looking at the OEM ones for 70 eur a piece or these, which have replaceable ball joints and I wonder if I should go with these or the OEM ones. The price with shipping will be the same, only the fact that I can replace ball joints feels like a lot more for the same price. Sorry again if you felt that my comment was rude or something, I surely didn't want it to sound like it is.
Hey no offense taken my man, just didn't want people that may find these appropriate for there application and the amount they may be willing to spend for the issue, to see the comment, and end up leaving there suspension as is. But as for your application, is your car lowered at all? And you mentioned OEM arms being $70.00 a piece, just to make sure, you know these are for both sides right? On the other hand, honestly if your car is not lowered and you don't plan on lowering it enough to need such a product, I'd def. Say go with OEM if you don't mind the additional cost. Now if you are lowered and need them, I'd suggest sticking around and perhaps waiting on some more feed back from these gentleman, could save you money in either sense... Get me?
Old 08-26-14, 08:36 PM
evolander
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by boostedsi
no both of mine move freely, i did notice one thing though , when i looked at the holes in the one arm i had there was some extra rubber that i guess they forgot to remove in there great quality control department lol

i hope to have these on this week, just waiting on my buddy to lend me his pitman arm puller
ya im slacking ill get it to you tommorow lol
Old 08-26-14, 10:39 PM
GSGenesis
Pole Position

Originally Posted by evolander
What's the need for the pitman arm puller? C'mon....
Old 08-27-14, 06:48 AM
boostedsi
Driver

Originally Posted by evolander
lol perfect, nice to see you on the forums
Old 08-29-14, 04:30 PM
boostedsi
Driver

Ok so here's the deal, i installed these with the help of my buddy evolander on here and i would say they do need alittle massaging to get them on. first off the ends that attach to the inner fender walls need to be bent alittle to get them in, it seems the press in joints on these are pressed to far in, so we just bent the inner walls on the fenders, bingo right in there , next is the ball joint itself it also seems like the taper is alittle to big to go into the knuckles if you use the supplied washers, to get the cotter pins in, so we just said screw the washers and got the cotter pins in,
for camber adjustment is good i believe i got about -3 degrees (iphone ap) and didn't mess with the castor adjustment, i forgot to take pictures on them install but i will do tomorrow,
so in my conclusion,, you kinda get what you pay for. i bet the spcs fit like a glove, but these will do the trick

now i guess is to see how they actually last and hold up on the road. but for $100 bucks you cant really go wrong.
Old 08-29-14, 05:04 PM
boostedsi
Driver

here's some pics

image hosting no account

upload a gif
Old 09-11-14, 09:17 PM
freshmoney
Driver

How are they holding up. I haven't had the chance to install mines yet.
Old 09-13-14, 07:26 AM
boostedsi
Driver

actually not to bad at all, my car is pretty slammed and i just changed over my coilovers to insurance group 14/10kgs so they shouldn't hit as much, but really there not to bad for 100.

Last edited by boostedsi; 09-14-14 at 04:04 PM.
Old 09-20-14, 08:34 AM
freshmoney
Driver

Ok so here's the deal, i installed these with the help of my buddy evolander on here and i would say they do need alittle massaging to get them on. first off the ends that attach to the inner fender walls need to be bent alittle to get them in, it seems the press in joints on these are pressed to far in, so we just bent the inner walls on the fenders, bingo right in there , next is the ball joint itself it also seems like the taper is alittle to big to go into the knuckles if you use the supplied washers, to get the cotter pins in, so we just said screw the washers and got the cotter pins in,
for camber adjustment is good i believe i got about -3 degrees (iphone ap) and didn't mess with the castor adjustment, i forgot to take pictures on them install but i will do tomorrow,
so in my conclusion,, you kinda get what you pay for. i bet the spcs fit like a glove, but these will do the trick

now i guess is to see how they actually last and hold up on the road. but for $100 bucks you cant really go wrong.
Getting ready to install when I have some time. Just had a baby girl thursday... What and how did u bend the inner fender and how far. Besides that what else to look out for.
Old 09-20-14, 10:01 AM
boostedsi
Driver

you shouldn't have to bend it in to far, the ends where it mounts to the inner fender, you'll see once you get the stock one out, but i bend the opening maybe 1/2 inch and also i wasn't able to use the washer with the ball joint, if so the cotter pin would not slide in, and depending on the coilovers you have on you car you might have to drop the lower arms to get clearance off the knuckle.
it was maybe a hour to do both sides, just make sure you tighten that top nut as tight as you can so it doesn't move when lowered back down.
you can pm me if you have any issues

Originally Posted by freshmoney
Getting ready to install when I have some time. Just had a baby girl thursday... What and how did u bend the inner fender and how far. Besides that what else to look out for.
Old 09-20-14, 12:18 PM
ls400love
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm about to install these as well. Thanks for the tips.
Old 09-20-14, 01:36 PM
boostedsi
Driver

no problem, good luck for sure, like everyone kind of said not to bad for a 100 bucks
Old 10-01-14, 09:08 AM
seivonecsu
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Curious to know if this is gonna give me an additional -3 deg of camber. Because right now on stock arms I am at about -3... If I buy these arms will it give me -6 or just -3 like stock arms...???
Old 10-01-14, 09:09 AM
seivonecsu
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Also these look like they have room to slot a little bit more with some reinforcement to achieve more neg camber. Any input on this?
Old 10-18-14, 07:28 AM
JAHBLESSIN
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i might take the plunge on these arms also. was just concerned about safety over cost.

Quick Reply: Anyone seen these Ebay UCA's?!? Like SPC's for $95?!?!?