Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Beck Arnley Upper Control Arms

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-14, 05:17 AM
SaiyanGS3
Racer

Received 86 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by FLOCKOV8DR
Just got my Raybestos Professional grade Upper Control arms and ball joints in the mail yesterday, they look really good, I'm getting them put in this Tuesday with an alignment, can't wait, I'll let u know how it feels!!
post detailed pics of the arm
Old 04-27-14, 10:01 PM
DosyBoy
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Beck Arnley Upper Control Arms-pmigjjq.jpg

Beck Arnley Upper Control Arms-ybahk0x.jpg

Beck Arnley Upper Control Arms-5vhdfod.jpg
Old 04-29-14, 09:45 AM
repugnante
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SaiyanGS3
Where did you purchase. That's a big difference from $720
Bought them from a local dealer here. He cut me a break because his eyes almost popped out of his head when he saw how much Lexus was charging for these frickin things. The dealer priced these at $950 total just for two. He chopped a cool $350 or so off the asking price.

Got them installed over the weekend and got the alignment. I will say this, they front end feels brand new. No exaggeration and the piece of mind knowing that they are OEM, I have no worries.

As a sidenote, you guys can purchase what you like, but the guy at Lexus HIGHLY recommends that we stick with OEM. He says anything aftermarket just won't last on these cars. Lexus built these arms a particular way. He did not have specifics so I don't know how much weight is put into his statement but it is something involving the bushings that no other supplier is able to duplicate.
Old 04-29-14, 10:14 AM
NorthStyle
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not to discredit, but I'm pretty sure the BMW, Audi, Mercedes, and whichever brand-specific merchant would say the same thing about their own respective OEM products...
Old 04-29-14, 11:33 AM
repugnante
Instructor

Originally Posted by NorthStyle
Not to discredit, but I'm pretty sure the BMW, Audi, Mercedes, and whichever brand-specific merchant would say the same thing about their own respective OEM products...
I thought of that...

I actually did a search of my own on those cars. I found that they all are charging half the price of what Lexus charges for the UCA's on the GS, LS and SC models. Infiniti only wants around $250ish with the CL discount. Mercedes charges what Lexus charges for their UCA's on models like the S classes and certain AMG projects. Bimmer guys can get the OEM version for the 3 and 5 series for much, much less than what Lexus is charging for theirs. Strange.
Old 05-01-14, 09:42 PM
DosyBoy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by repugnante
I thought of that...

I actually did a search of my own on those cars. I found that they all are charging half the price of what Lexus charges for the UCA's on the GS, LS and SC models. Infiniti only wants around $250ish with the CL discount. Mercedes charges what Lexus charges for their UCA's on models like the S classes and certain AMG projects. Bimmer guys can get the OEM version for the 3 and 5 series for much, much less than what Lexus is charging for theirs. Strange.
Hmmm very interesting, great info...
Old 05-02-14, 07:21 PM
ttaylor993
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by repugnante
Bought them from a local dealer here. He cut me a break because his eyes almost popped out of his head when he saw how much Lexus was charging for these frickin things. The dealer priced these at $950 total just for two. He chopped a cool $350 or so off the asking price.

Got them installed over the weekend and got the alignment. I will say this, they front end feels brand new. No exaggeration and the piece of mind knowing that they are OEM, I have no worries.

As a sidenote, you guys can purchase what you like, but the guy at Lexus HIGHLY recommends that we stick with OEM. He says anything aftermarket just won't last on these cars. Lexus built these arms a particular way. He did not have specifics so I don't know how much weight is put into his statement but it is something involving the bushings that no other supplier is able to duplicate.
I wonder if any of Lexus people feel the same way about the OEM lower ball joints! These were built a certain way as well! Crappy!
Old 05-02-14, 08:04 PM
repugnante
Instructor

^ The lbj is a different story. The company that made the OEM version is the same exact company that makes the Moog lbj's that everyone is going crazy over.
Old 05-04-14, 05:28 AM
SweetS160
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I installed beck arnley arms on my old gs3 and didn't have any problems. I installed the l/s arm on my gs4 now and still no problems. For the price they are worth the money since dealer arms are $$$. I would say that they did need a little tap with a rubber mallet to get into place where it bolted on to the strut towers but other than that it was a smooth install and they are identical to oem arms. For locals you can pick up these arms at Rodrigues auto parts on southern blvd in the bx for $140 a piece.

Last edited by SweetS160; 05-04-14 at 05:32 AM.
Old 05-05-14, 05:26 PM
DosyBoy
Lexus Champion

FINALLY got my Raybestos UCA in and my popping noise I've been fighting to find since 2011 is FINALLY GONE, everything has now been replaced on the front end and it is as solid as a rock and feels AMAZING!!! Thank u Lord!!! It's been a long journey finding that noise this was the last part I could think of cause everything else was replaced, I am so RELIEVED u have no idea, the Raybestos Professional grade feel fantastic!! WOOOHOOOO!.!.
Old 05-05-14, 07:15 PM
rgarjr
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FLOCKOV8DR
FINALLY got my Raybestos UCA in and my popping noise I've been fighting to find since 2011 is FINALLY GONE, everything has now been replaced on the front end and it is as solid as a rock and feels AMAZING!!! Thank u Lord!!! It's been a long journey finding that noise this was the last part I could think of cause everything else was replaced, I am so RELIEVED u have no idea, the Raybestos Professional grade feel fantastic!! WOOOHOOOO!.!.
Nice.
Old 04-11-17, 05:39 PM
BCT
Advanced

Received 37 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by DosyBoy
So 3 years later, how does the Raybestos UCA holding out? How many miles have you driven the car? I am searching for aftermarket UCA, but if they do not last, I may just buy OEM and call it a day.

Anyone has long term review of aftermarket UCA?
Old 05-03-17, 04:54 PM
nickynickt
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BCT
So 3 years later, how does the Raybestos UCA holding out? How many miles have you driven the car? I am searching for aftermarket UCA, but if they do not last, I may just buy OEM and call it a day.

Anyone has long term review of aftermarket UCA?

i think you should just order OEM ones. I just broke off my lower front ball joint on the driver side. It made my fender damaged as well. Worst week of my life and I ordered new lower control arms and upper control arms for both sides from mylparts with the 10% promo code. Spent more than 1k!!!!! Im still waiting for it to ship but honestly i would go OeM because 1, u cant find raybestos control arms anywhere for a 2gs , well atleast i cant. And 2 , moog, b/A, etc, used to be reputational brands until they started to manufacture them like crap, Most likely for profit.
The following users liked this post:
BCT (06-29-17)
Old 05-09-18, 03:18 PM
forsythia
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nickynickt
i think you should just order OEM ones. I just broke off my lower front ball joint on the driver side. It made my fender damaged as well. Worst week of my life and I ordered new lower control arms and upper control arms for both sides from mylparts with the 10% promo code. Spent more than 1k!!!!! Im still waiting for it to ship but honestly i would go OeM because 1, u cant find raybestos control arms anywhere for a 2gs , well atleast i cant. And 2 , moog, b/A, etc, used to be reputational brands until they started to manufacture them like crap, Most likely for profit.
what was the brand of the lower ball joint that broke? was that oem?