Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Figs Lower control arm No 2 or LCA no 2 install

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-14, 08:57 AM
jdvtec
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Figs Lower control arm No 2 or LCA no 2 install

I had tried Ricochet Para aramid Polyurethane Bushings 2 years ago and they failed. I guess because there was no metal sleeve for center support and edges just disintegrated from vertical suspension movement. So ordered Figs (super pro) bushings, they were back ordered but came in within a month of ordering.
Attempt this procedure at your own risk if and you are capable this is just a guide to help.
Start by lifting the front of vehicle and securing on jack stands, remove splash shield, remove wheels. undo the 19mm bolts on bottom holding the LCA no2 arms to control arm.
Remove the under brace by removing the 14mm bolts and 17mm LCA no2 center thru bolts.
If you have factory oem bushings in place you will need a Shop Press or Ball joint press with adapters to remove the center bushing.
Mines were already replaced by aftermarket ones 2 years ago so I just use my ball joint press with appropriate adapters to press Figs center bushing in. Lube with center and outer bushings with supplied poly grease. Once assembled install the arm by sliding forward to the 19mm holes then insert center bushing up on the frame pin. You need Red Loctite for 19mms and Use a pipe wrench on the arm center to twist it a bit while you insert the 19mm's from bottom and tighten 181ft/lb.
Then bolt up the brace 14mm's torque is 43ft/lb and apply Red Loctite on 17mms and just snug the center 17mms for the center thru bolts do not tighten yet. Now install wheels and drive the car on a ramp so the front is loaded then tighten the center 17mm bolts to 88ft/lbs. Reinstall splash shield and you're done Enjoy
Attached Thumbnails Figs Lower control arm No 2  or LCA no 2 install-fig1.jpg   Figs Lower control arm No 2  or LCA no 2 install-fig2.jpg   Figs Lower control arm No 2  or LCA no 2 install-fig3.jpg   Figs Lower control arm No 2  or LCA no 2 install-fig4.jpg   Figs Lower control arm No 2  or LCA no 2 install-fig5.jpg