Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

F Sport AVS suspension

Old 04-10-14, 06:37 PM
Randre19
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Can you give some more information on how these coils will work. Usually purchasing coils makes the ride a little stiffer depending on the setting/dampening a person chooses. Will these coils simply increase in stiffness from there installed settings when switched into Sport + mode? For example, if a person installs the coils at a "medium" setting and then switches into sport + mode while driving, will the coils become even stiffer?
Old 04-10-14, 10:26 PM
J5usa
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RWDrift0
I will buy this if the price is right and there are some documented before and afters to ensure this isn't going to degrade the performance from the stock setup.
This will not degrade the performance from your stock setup, but increase performance. Already received pre-order for the AVS compatible model. Should see lot of posts soon.
Old 04-10-14, 10:40 PM
J5usa
Driver

Originally Posted by Randre19
Can you give some more information on how these coils will work. Usually purchasing coils makes the ride a little stiffer depending on the setting/dampening a person chooses. Will these coils simply increase in stiffness from there installed settings when switched into Sport + mode? For example, if a person installs the coils at a "medium" setting and then switches into sport + mode while driving, will the coils become even stiffer?
basically, we are trying to make it as simple as possible. it will fit directly on to the AVS module. it will have 12 adjustment. to set it in the middle and switch into sport mode it will become stiffer. but for those who want to have that sweet spot. we suggest driving without the AVS and make adjustment to your perfect comfort level and install back on the AVS.
We are currently testing the dampening pared to the AVS module.
Old 04-12-14, 07:34 AM
DJ90
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i believe part of the price of the car that we pay would contribute a significant amount to the AVS system? so yes for me, when i decide on lowering the car, i would definitely want to keep the AVS where its at.
Old 04-12-14, 07:33 PM
IS350S2K
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I would be interested. Got springs instead of coilovers so I could keep the AVS feature. I was going to see if KW was going to make one for the IS since they offered one for the M3 with the adaptive suspension.
Old 04-14-14, 12:20 PM
J5usa
Driver

After few more modification we should have an exact date of final product end of the week. will keep you all posted. thank you for all your comments and suggestions
Old 04-18-14, 12:23 AM
J5usa
Driver

Heres a bit of an update on the AVS compatible coilovers.
upper mount done, extended bolt done, now time to make these correct adjustment to the AVS module motor as it only rotates about 115 degrees. need to maximize the dampening with short amount of rotation.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 04-18-14, 10:37 AM
r0shiro
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

wow that's going to be awesome...
Old 04-19-14, 06:56 PM
Gonaddz88
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks promising to say the least! Looking forward to hear the feedback after some testing.
Old 04-24-14, 12:32 AM
J5usa
Driver

Just got the word it will be completed next week. will post up pics soon. gentleman
Old 04-24-14, 01:51 PM
jaznraz
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Very good news, I can't wait to get mine!

The introductory price, the AVS compatibility, the ability to specify (or switch) spring rates, and the weight savings of 7075 aluminum were all too much to pass up.

If you're not familiar with 7075 aluminum, it's stronger than most low carbon steels (like 1018), and almost twice as strong as 6061 aluminum which is more commonly used.

I researched J5 before purchasing the coilovers, They have been making shocks since 2010 and build about 300 shocks per month. They have also been in the medical product machining business for decades. Sounds good to me!

r0shiro and RayG are running the J5 non AVS coilovers and both gave a thumbs up in regards to the product.
Old 04-24-14, 04:36 PM
J5usa
Driver

Originally Posted by jaznraz
Very good news, I can't wait to get mine!

The introductory price, the AVS compatibility, the ability to specify (or switch) spring rates, and the weight savings of 7075 aluminum were all too much to pass up.

If you're not familiar with 7075 aluminum, it's stronger than most low carbon steels (like 1018), and almost twice as strong as 6061 aluminum which is more commonly used.

I researched J5 before purchasing the coilovers, They have been making shocks since 2010 and build about 300 shocks per month. They have also been in the medical product machining business for decades. Sounds good to me!

r0shiro and RayG are running the J5 non AVS coilovers and both gave a thumbs up in regards to the product.

Thank you for the write up. couldn't explain it better myself and yours will be the first set ever to get installed. will keep you posted.
Old 05-13-14, 12:42 PM
J5usa
Driver

Last piece of the puzzle. took a little time but final product worth the time.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 05-13-14, 01:28 PM
reyoasian
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

any plans of adding camber plates to these?
Old 05-13-14, 03:00 PM
J5usa
Driver

Originally Posted by reyoasian
any plans of adding camber plates to these?
As far as I know because of the AVS module the camber plate will not work.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: F Sport AVS suspension