What are good aftermarket upper control arms/ball joints? Help! - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion


Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

What are good aftermarket upper control arms/ball joints? Help!

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-25-14, 04:10 PM   #1
Lukas99GS
Lead Lap
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: MN
Posts: 773
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Default What are good aftermarket upper control arms/ball joints? Help!

Really need to replace these and had heard moog but now everyone is saying their quality sucks now? If I have to save for oem I will but I'd rather not because I'd have to wait a few weeks, they're like 750$. What have people bought and what has your experience been? I don't want to change the camber or anything just a stock replacement, thanks in advance
Lukas99GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-14, 06:02 PM   #2
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
JeffTsai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: DFW area TX
Posts: 5,387
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Default

I posted in the previous thread about this. Get the SPC adjustable front upper control arms. It allows you to fix the camber and caster angle when your car is lowered. Even if it's all stock, you can still fix the caster angle. The arm is also fully serviceable and rebuildable in the future. They're around $350 or so for the pair.

That's what I run in my car and it has worked perfectly for the past 2 years.
JeffTsai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-14, 07:30 AM   #3
nezlyfe
Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: GA
Posts: 66
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Moog are fine just make sure it was made in japan. import direct seems good too. I put about 50k miles on the moog without re greasing after install, stupid on my part really, and it had slight play in one so i replaced them. lifetime warranty. look for ones with a grease fitting. i think they're like $62 a piece. if you want stock feel just go to your local autozone or whatever and they should be able to order you what you need and look for lifetime warranty parts. my 2 cents also ball joints are easy to replace so i recommend doing them yourself
nezlyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-14, 10:47 PM   #4
DosyBoy
Lexus Champion
iTrader: (1)
 
DosyBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: PGH
Posts: 2,085
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nezlyfe View Post
Moog are fine just make sure it was made in japan. import direct seems good too. I put about 50k miles on the moog without re greasing after install, stupid on my part really, and it had slight play in one so i replaced them. lifetime warranty. look for ones with a grease fitting. i think they're like $62 a piece. if you want stock feel just go to your local autozone or whatever and they should be able to order you what you need and look for lifetime warranty parts. my 2 cents also ball joints are easy to replace so i recommend doing them yourself
Lol UPPER CONTROL ARMS son NOT LBJ
DosyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-14, 02:31 AM   #5
NorthStyle
Lexus Test Driver
iTrader: (16)
 
NorthStyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: FL, UK & Deutschland
Posts: 1,144
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffTsai View Post
I posted in the previous thread about this. Get the SPC adjustable front upper control arms. It allows you to fix the camber and caster angle when your car is lowered. Even if it's all stock, you can still fix the caster angle. The arm is also fully serviceable and rebuildable in the future. They're around $350 or so for the pair.

That's what I run in my car and it has worked perfectly for the past 2 years.
Where did you find the UCAs for $350? Lowest I've seen was $395 on FIGS, and maybe $390~ish on eBay...
NorthStyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-14, 09:39 PM   #6
DosyBoy
Lexus Champion
iTrader: (1)
 
DosyBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: PGH
Posts: 2,085
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStyle View Post
Where did you find the UCAs for $350? Lowest I've seen was $395 on FIGS, and maybe $390~ish on eBay...
U can get both on Sewell with the discount about $750 a pair...
DosyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-14, 10:10 PM   #7
NorthStyle
Lexus Test Driver
iTrader: (16)
 
NorthStyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: FL, UK & Deutschland
Posts: 1,144
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLOCKOV8DR View Post
U can get both on Sewell with the discount about $750 a pair...
My bad man... I was speaking in reference to the SPCs.
NorthStyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-14, 02:03 AM   #8
Lutkis
Lead Lap
 
Lutkis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Finland
Posts: 486
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Here's one for $338

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SPC-Front-Upper-Control-Arms-Camber-Kit-1993-2005-Lexus-GS300-GS400-GS430-/400696413772?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item5d4b5e0e4c
and ~$370

http://www.stillen.com/product/align...sc-117977.html
Lutkis is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Best options for duplicate smart key Yohimbo LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) 8 07-25-16 12:07 PM
Stone chip repair jacal LX - 3rd Gen (2008-present) 22 06-10-16 07:04 AM
Replacing door speaker? PersianOne LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) 15 12-29-15 10:56 AM
04 GX: anyone replace either exhaust manifold (or both)? stones GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) 2 11-21-15 06:58 PM
Daytime Running Lights bulbs on 2013 GS350 F Sport sirpisces7 Lighting 3 04-19-14 12:12 PM


Tags
2002 , adjustable , aftermarket , arm , arms , ball , brand , control , gs300 , gs400 , joints , lexus , moog , suspension , upper

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:15 PM.


Copyright © 2000-2017 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: