Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Pics stock height vs Espilier Spring/L-tuned shock height

Old 02-08-03, 10:01 AM
LexFather

Default Pics stock height vs Espilier Spring/L-tuned shock height

RX 300 look (stock)

Mine is the white car
Attached Thumbnails Pics stock height vs Espilier Spring/L-tuned shock height-83tracktime1de-brief-med.jpg  
Old 02-08-03, 10:03 AM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

damn.........the grinch
Old 02-08-03, 10:08 AM
LexFather

Dropped. 1.7-1.8 in the front, 1.2 in the rear? ClubLexus Kick to Steve Ganz and GS4Will for the parts and VVTi and Hennessy Lexus for the install. This combination has exceeded my expectations. I now take the SAME corners ON THE SAME roads anywhere from 15-30mph faster (at the limits there). Car feels so much more planted and secure. The car NEVER bounced up and down more than once over an expansion (bridge) or any bump. Incredible difference. Ride is firm without losing too much Lexus ride quality (TRD sways really did this).
Attached Thumbnails Pics stock height vs Espilier Spring/L-tuned shock height-831sicklex_2-med.jpg  
Old 02-08-03, 10:29 AM
BLW
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nice

Sick

That is a nice drop combination. I like that front rake look better than the rear squat look. Especially since there seems to be more front gap than rear gap on the stock suspension. Where did you get the springs and if do not mind me asking, how many $'s did you have to give for them? Also, do you have any ground clearance issues on the front lower bumber and do think you would have any if you added a front lip?

The car looks great!!!
Old 02-08-03, 10:37 AM
LexFather

Default BLW

No ground clearance issues so far. Though I now reverse into the driveway because if I was not careful, I would scrape the bottom. But around town, WITH 4 people, no problems.

I will be either getting a kit or the TTE lip soon. I would not have purchased this set-up if I felt it would be hazardous to the extras. Though, I drive very aggresive (not sure how u drive) and with it lowered with any body add ons, we would have to be careful.

I got my springs from GS4WIll, send him a PM regarding the springs. Thanks for the compliment.
Old 02-08-03, 10:43 AM
400DGRZ
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Good job Sick! You headin' to Buckhead tonight? I bet it's slammin' there this weekend!
Old 02-08-03, 10:57 AM
LexFather

Good job Sick! You headin' to Buckhead tonight? I bet it's slammin' there this weekend!
I have been living there this week. Thanks for the compliments.
Old 02-08-03, 11:03 AM
BLW
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sick

I forgot to ask you one other question in my previous post. Here goes. Have you had the 4 wheel alignment yet with your new springs? If so, do you know how far out the springs put the alignment and was it able to be brought into spec? If you are letting things settle first and have not had it aligned, could you post the the answers to my alignment questions once you know? Thanks

I really like that drop!!
Old 02-10-03, 08:02 PM
LexFather

I forgot to ask you one other question in my previous post. Here goes. Have you had the 4 wheel alignment yet with your new springs? If so, do you know how far out the springs put the alignment and was it able to be brought into spec? If you are letting things settle first and have not had it aligned, could you post the the answers to my alignment questions once you know? Thanks
VVTi and Hennessy Lexus here did the alignment and it drives straight as an arrow. I ran over a curb racing a M3 roadster so I cannot get a perfect alignment, not sure of the specs.

Here is the front.
Attached Thumbnails Pics stock height vs Espilier Spring/L-tuned shock height-sick7.jpg  
Old 02-15-03, 09:25 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 196 Likes on 109 Posts

Hey 1SickLex, what size rims are those? The gap between your tire and fender seems to higher than mine ( I will post pics before the week is out) and I all I have done is the L-tuned springs/shocks upgrade and I still have the OEM 17 inch 245/45 rims/tire combo......