Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Tein S Tech Lowering Springs

Old 03-19-14, 07:14 PM
amoney805
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JB5674
So whats the RSR equivalent? From pics it looks like the super downs put the car waaaay down. I love the stance of the S tech, but really want the true performance gain of the spring. If not, its not worth it for " the look " IS350 Fsport is a luxury performance car. I dont want to half a$$ this, yet I clearly dont want coils since I like the dynamics aspects of the drive modes. Any assistance?
S-tech equivalent is rsr down springs. Otherwise check out tanabe nf210 springs. Similar drop to s-tech and rsr. I had them on my G37 coupe and they definitely enhanced the sportiness feel.
Old 03-20-14, 05:55 AM
FSPORTJC
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by amoney805
S-tech equivalent is rsr down springs. Otherwise check out tanabe nf210 springs. Similar drop to s-tech and rsr. I had them on my G37 coupe and they definitely enhanced the sportiness feel.
I thought the H-Tech were equivalent to the RS-R Down Springs.. and the S-Tech being more of a drop than the Downs.. Slightly higher than the RS-R Super Down Springs...
Old 03-20-14, 08:57 AM
JB5674
Advanced

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by FSPORTJC
I thought the H-Tech were equivalent to the RS-R Down Springs.. and the S-Tech being more of a drop than the Downs.. Slightly higher than the RS-R Super Down Springs...
This is correct. S-Tech are like Super Down. Damn, now I need to see spring rates. Im going to start a new thread, but Ive been bouncing emails back from Tanabe. They need an is350 Fsport AWD for testing. Im on the east coast or i'd do it. Thus far, they only have RWD springs and not AWD. So frustrated. I just want a solid drop and a tight ride. Im not half-assing this and would rather over engineer the thought process vs buy a part 2x. Oh well. Par for the course.
Old 03-20-14, 09:19 AM
amoney805
Pole Position

Rsr half down=tein h-tech
Rsr down=tein s-tech=tanabe nf210
Rsr super downs= lowest springs available at the moment.

END OF STORY!
Old 03-20-14, 09:56 AM
jaznraz
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JB5674
This is correct. S-Tech are like Super Down. Damn, now I need to see spring rates. Im going to start a new thread, but Ive been bouncing emails back from Tanabe. They need an is350 Fsport AWD for testing. Im on the east coast or i'd do it. Thus far, they only have RWD springs and not AWD. So frustrated. I just want a solid drop and a tight ride. Im not half-assing this and would rather over engineer the thought process vs buy a part 2x. Oh well. Par for the course.
RSR's website shows their rates and drop. I believe that Tein's site shows their rates and drop as well.
Old 03-27-14, 12:29 PM
neilvosko
Pole Position

they are SKQ74-AUB00 free shipping and $167.19 on

http://www.autoanything.com/coupons-...FahlOgodXA8Adw
Old 03-27-14, 12:31 PM
neilvosko
Pole Position

Default use the coupon code

use the coupon code
Old 03-27-14, 12:32 PM
neilvosko
Pole Position

The teins have lower spring rates 330 F and 470 Rear so i am guessing 10-15% higher than stock

tanabe is 355 front and 710 rear = rough ride
Old 03-27-14, 12:35 PM
neilvosko
Pole Position

tanabe rates
http://www.ebay.com/itm/PRE-ORDER-TANABE-NF210-LOWERING-SPRINGS-Lexus-IS250-IS350-RWD-F-SPORT-jdm-/221399004784?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A2014%7CModel%3AIS250%7CMake%3ALexus&hash=item338c68b670&vxp=mtr
Old 03-27-14, 12:38 PM
neilvosko
Pole Position

installer recommendation in south florida please

Old 03-27-14, 06:37 PM
IS350Chic
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by neilvosko
installer recommendation in south florida please

Try Powerwheels on Bird Road (not sure what area in south Florida you live in). My husband and cousin dropped my current IS.
Old 03-27-14, 09:22 PM
IS350S2K
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Time to finish the rear install writeup. I will keep it short and simple since it was relatively easier than the fronts. Install took pretty much one day to do both fronts and rears. The first wheel on each end took the longest. The other side was much faster. I wrote this to help others as I have benefited from reading many how-tos from other posters in the past. Same disclaimer in my front install writeup. If you are not mechanically inclined, I suggest taking it to a shop. This was how I installed mine and have had no problems after the install. YMMV.

1. Loosen the rear lugs and jack up the rear. I used the differential for the jack point and placed jack stands along the inside jack points on the side. Always chock your wheels and use jack stands. Don't rely on just the jack to hold your car stable.

2. Remove rear wheel.

3. Remove the nut and separate the height control sensor sub-assembly from the rear upper control arm assembly. Just remember how it looked so can you reinstall it correctly. Only the driver side has this.

Sensor link removed.

4. Separate toe control link sub-assembly. You need to use the ball joint tool. Torque setting: 54 ftlb.

Rear ball joint after.

5. Separate rear suspension arm assembly. Unfortunately, I forgot to take a pic of this. In the pic below, look at the lower left of the pic to the left of the red arrow. You can see a hole where the bolt used to be above the jack holding the knuckle. Torque setting: 80ftlb for reinstall.

6. Remove swaybar link assembly. Torque: 62 ftlb

7. Separate the rear shock absorber assembly. Support suspension arm using jack and wooden block. NOTE: The spot I placed the wood wasn't too secure. Slipped a few times. You can probably find a better spot. Remove the bolt and nut. Torque: 110 ftlb

Bolt removed from shock.

8. Loosen (don't remove) the bolt holding the rear suspension arm assembly. You want to be able to swing the arm down after. Torque for this bolt is 103 ftlb for reinstallation.

9. Remove the bolt and nut (left red arrow) and separate the suspension arm assembly from knuckle. Loosen the bolt, not the nut because the nut is self gripping. Torque; 119 ftlb

10. Lower the jack and suspension arm to remove the spring.

11. Install new spring. You will need to reuse the rubber upper and lower mounts.

Spring installed. Getting the spring into place while jacking up the lower suspension arm was probably the hardest part. Just go slow and make sure the lower mount is in place. It may look like it will pop out but will hold as you jack the arm up.

Reinstall is pretty much the reverse. Torque the lower control arm bolts with the suspension under load. I used the jack and lifted the suspension.

Last edited by IS350S2K; 03-27-14 at 09:32 PM.
Old 03-28-14, 08:18 AM
viNz86
Rookie

Amazing! Thank you!!!
Old 04-22-14, 08:27 PM
TopShelfCo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Side profile view of TEIN S-Tech drop on IS250

Here is a flat ground side view of the S-Tech drop on my IS250 on 18's with stock tires, I have about a one finger gap all around and assume she will sit very minimally lower after springs settle. Performed install the night before this picture was taken. The write up on this thread really helped me during my install btw, thanks!

Tein S Tech Lowering Springs-13943923653_374ac6b321_b.jpg
Old 05-10-14, 11:00 AM
mahtbeezy
Driver School Candidate

Just lowered mine on S Tech yesterday. It's definitely low and the ride isn't that bad.

just can't wait until it settles in

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tein S Tech Lowering Springs