Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Flush Spacers on Fsport Rims

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-15, 02:00 PM
LexSense
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Awilde
Good afternoon Gentlemen,

I have a couple questions for you guys. I'm a green bean when it comes to spaces. However, I want to do spacers to my IS 350 F sport it looks so sexy with flush wheels. I have stock F sport wheels and haven't lowered it. What company do you prefer for spacers and do i need to add longer studs such as high tensile steel studs or will the stock manufacture work? I am think of 15mm all around. Any suggestions or pointers would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all for you time!

Have a wonderful day,

Austin Wilde
Hey there,

For spacers, it depends on what type you go with.
If you go with the bolt-on spacers, which comes with their own studs built in, then you will NOT need extended studs. However, depending on the amount of mm's you go, you may need to shave off some of your stock studs if the pocket in the back of the wheels are not deep enough.
I believe with 15mm you will be okay with stock wheels.

If you go with the spacers that don't come with studs built in, then you will need to install longer wheel studs. (Most people seem to prefer this route)

Now as far as spacer brands go, I've been using Akata spacers without any problems. Some have had issues with their old 10mm design I believe.
For bigger name brands, there's b2autodesigns, H&R, Ichiba (again some have had issues with these too), but there's quite a few options out there for sure.

Hope this helps
Old 08-07-15, 08:38 AM
BMS350
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can you please tell me how to install the spacers. In the 15mm spacers won't the wheel bolts hit the back side of the rims? Do I have to remove the original bolts? I am planning to go 20mm both front and rear does anyone have that kind of setup? Can you send me pictures?
Old 08-07-15, 06:30 PM
LexSense
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by BMS350
Can you please tell me how to install the spacers. In the 15mm spacers won't the wheel bolts hit the back side of the rims? Do I have to remove the original bolts? I am planning to go 20mm both front and rear does anyone have that kind of setup? Can you send me pictures?
20mm should work fine with the stock studs if you get spacers with the bolts built into them.
I had 20mm on stock and they were just fine.
Also 20mm has been done plenty of times as well too.
Old 08-07-15, 08:15 PM
BMS350
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by LexSense
20mm should work fine with the stock studs if you get spacers with the bolts built into them.
I had 20mm on stock and they were just fine.
Also 20mm has been done plenty of times as well too.
Hi! I usually drive the car hard on Sundays. Won't the spacer affect the performance? If you have the rsr down I am concerned because of the adaptive suspension we have. How's your VRTUNE did it really go back to original or do you recommend it?
Old 08-10-15, 06:31 AM
jkonquer
Instructor

Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by BMS350
Many rims have a void space near the hub. F sport wheels have a space in the back of the rim so you dont need to cut the studs.
Old 08-14-15, 01:52 PM
starbai
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Maveri9720
What's the consensus on spacer sizing when dropped on RSR SuperDowns? I see most of these posts are for fairly mild to decent drops. The SuperDowns are an aggressive drop in height. Any help?

Also, question in general for all who have spacers:

- I've heard about issues with them, ie, vibration, a feeling of disconnect from the road, throwing up water when it's raining. Can anyone comment on their experience please?

Thanks.
Originally Posted by Letsstance
wondering this as well. this guy did 20mm all around and claims to have no issues and looks dope as hell.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...your-pics.html

I would really like some input on the best for minimal rubbing with the super downs. from what I'm reading 20 should be good up front, but the rear i'm on the fence between 15 and 20... anyone else with any input? Lettsance and Maveri did you ever get any?
Old 08-15-15, 06:35 PM
aTeAse
Lead Lap

I had 25 Front, and 20 Rear on RSR Coils, pretty low, never rubbed.
Old 09-06-15, 10:55 AM
ATP
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe 20mm spacer all perfect for the car on stock f sport wheels.but I'm going 25 front and 20 rear. I'm not planning to tuck tire so I shouldn't be rubbing at all. Just a decent drop to cover the gaps. And if I do rub. I'll just fender roll it. Gonna make the car even fatter
Old 09-26-15, 05:53 PM
gregerst
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For those of you using or have used 15mm spacers with stock f sport rims what brand was it? I"ve read that the wheel studs will bottom out on the rim.
Old 09-26-15, 05:57 PM
etai9
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have and awd F sport and I am lowered on RSR DOWN. Whats the best option for me if i don't want to rub? and also which series do i go with for the akata ones?

Last edited by etai9; 09-26-15 at 06:01 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Leo7 (05-11-21)
Old 09-26-15, 07:48 PM
starbai
Intermediate

20mm all around, with Super Downs... no rubbing issues...

Old 09-26-15, 07:53 PM
starbai
Intermediate

Originally Posted by hynlex808
I have rsr downs and originally ran 20mm all around but my rear would rub when i hit some bumps. I switched the rear to 15mm and now its perfect
so wierd that you rub on downs with 20mm and I dont with superdowns and 20mm

I havne't corrected my camber after the drop... did you?
Old 09-26-15, 09:40 PM
rsx2crazy
Rookie

Originally Posted by 97AcuraCL
so wierd that you rub on downs with 20mm and I dont with superdowns and 20mm

I havne't corrected my camber after the drop... did you?
Might be because the "super downs" are lower, the lower you go, the more negative camber you have which means that you'll have more clearance than the "downs" because the wheels go IN.
Old 09-27-15, 03:06 PM
starbai
Intermediate

Originally Posted by rsx2crazy
Might be because the "super downs" are lower, the lower you go, the more negative camber you have which means that you'll have more clearance than the "downs" because the wheels go IN.
yeap that definitely makes sense
Old 10-01-15, 09:54 AM
i2fat
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Selling 20mm spacers to flush out your wheels

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/3ge...m-spacers.html

Quick Reply: Flush Spacers on Fsport Rims