Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Flush Spacers on Fsport Rims

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-17, 03:46 PM
YoungRider
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Quick flick with the new camera
The following users liked this post:
Leo7 (08-22-21)
Old 06-14-17, 05:45 PM
LPM1982
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by YoungRider
Quick flick with the new camera
Nice!!!!!! Perfect stance to me.
Old 06-16-17, 06:14 AM
Ciggy
Lead Lap

Received 89 Likes on 65 Posts

Hey guys little update with my stance situation. Lowered the car a good amount using RS*R Coilovers. Installed 25mm H&R spacers in the front. No rubbing, ride very nice.

The rear was a different story. H&R does not make 20mm spacers with the studs pressed in. I went with Ichiba V2 for the rear. The Ichiba spacers are great, but their method of making these things universal using the hub centric ring is TERRIBLY implemented. The H&R's are one piece. No center ring. The Ichiba's however have a large hole in the center so they can fit many cars and they come with a ring specific to fit your car.

The ring was too loose of a fit inside the wheel, also too loose of a fit from the ring to the spacer it self. Which is a shame considering the company makes both pieces and has them on hand how could they let it go out the door with such bad fitment. When installed these things were so off balance it felt like my wheels were going to fall off at 60mph. On top of all that 20mm seemed to be just a tad too wide for how low I went.

My father is a machinist so none of this was a show stopper for me. I went to his house and we measured everything. The wheel hub, the hub, the rings everything was a tiny bit off leaving a lot of room for movement. I did some research and guys online fill the void with electrical tape and say it works but I wasn't going to do that. My dad made me new rings, and shaved the spacers from 20mm to 18mm. Now everything fits VERY snug and rides fantastic. I can't believe Ichiba is selling the spacers the way they are. I am going to contact them at some point and show them my measurements and the new rings we made.

I'm happy with the ride quality and the stance now.

Old 06-17-17, 05:25 AM
Chrispies
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ciggy
The rear was a different story. H&R does not make 20mm spacers with the studs pressed in.
H&R definitely does make a 20mm DRM spacer for our Lexus application. Here's the part number.

​​​​​​HR-4065600
Old 06-23-17, 01:26 PM
jmull3r
Instructor

Received 239 Likes on 143 Posts

hey guys what spacers should i use to make my AWD IS look good on RSR super downs and 19" rays 57transcend wheels with the stock tire sizes, suggestions?
Old 06-23-17, 01:30 PM
jmull3r
Instructor

Received 239 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by wnguyen350
25mm in the front and 20mm in the rear on rsr super down springs
nvm my quote before lol, what brands of spacers are you using? I'm looking to do the exact same setup, i have a USB IS too, just a 2017 instead

Last edited by jmull3r; 06-23-17 at 01:57 PM.
Old 08-05-17, 05:43 AM
MilkMonstr
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ciggy
Hey guys little update with my stance situation. Lowered the car a good amount using RS*R Coilovers. Installed 25mm H&R spacers in the front. No rubbing, ride very nice.

The rear was a different story. H&R does not make 20mm spacers with the studs pressed in. I went with Ichiba V2 for the rear. The Ichiba spacers are great, but their method of making these things universal using the hub centric ring is TERRIBLY implemented. The H&R's are one piece. No center ring. The Ichiba's however have a large hole in the center so they can fit many cars and they come with a ring specific to fit your car.

The ring was too loose of a fit inside the wheel, also too loose of a fit from the ring to the spacer it self. Which is a shame considering the company makes both pieces and has them on hand how could they let it go out the door with such bad fitment. When installed these things were so off balance it felt like my wheels were going to fall off at 60mph. On top of all that 20mm seemed to be just a tad too wide for how low I went.

My father is a machinist so none of this was a show stopper for me. I went to his house and we measured everything. The wheel hub, the hub, the rings everything was a tiny bit off leaving a lot of room for movement. I did some research and guys online fill the void with electrical tape and say it works but I wasn't going to do that. My dad made me new rings, and shaved the spacers from 20mm to 18mm. Now everything fits VERY snug and rides fantastic. I can't believe Ichiba is selling the spacers the way they are. I am going to contact them at some point and show them my measurements and the new rings we made.

I'm happy with the ride quality and the stance now.

Car looks good man. Ichibia is a very cheap brand and are not
know for high quality products.
Old 08-24-17, 09:46 PM
2Marvelous
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am 6 weeks post 25mm burger tuning wheel adapters installed on all wheels. I have the AWD IS350 Fsport on stock suspension. I am very happy with how it looks but I rub on the rear going over some dips in the road. Our roads require some maintenance due to frost heaving in the winter and there are many dips an potholes they don't get to. There are specific dips on our 100kmh (~60mph) road that cause rubbing every time.

With other people in the car I set it to Sport + and it rubs less. I am blaming how the stock turanza's flare out beyond the rim. I am thinking when I put my winter Pilot Alpin tires on I probably won't rub with this setup as these tires dont stick out beyond the rim but I probably won't be using the spacers/adapters during winter.

It was worth the $64 shipping to Canada. In total with exchange and customs, I paid $180 Canadian to but from Burger Tuning. A local shop was quoting $600 for lug centric wheel adapters and the hub centering rings.
Old 08-25-17, 06:03 AM
Ciggy
Lead Lap

Received 89 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by MilkMonstr
Car looks good man. Ichibia is a very cheap brand and are not
know for high quality products.
I know Ichiba's reputation. They aren't all that cheap only 40/50 dollars different from the H&R.

If I was to do this again I'd buy H&R 25mm (pressed in studs) for the front H&R 20mm (extended studs) for the rear. The stock tires are definitely what's causing your rubbing. I have the same issue.
Old 09-23-17, 08:42 AM
murfman89
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by EffSport
2016 IS350? If so, did you put the Ichibas for the 2015?
Nice look, any issues with vibrations or rubbing?

- Mike
Old 09-24-17, 08:48 AM
KevnGarvey
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, hard to find in this long thread. What is the consensus for Stock height, F sport rims to be flush without any issues at all?
Old 09-25-17, 10:02 AM
Kingburgos
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spacers

Originally Posted by Chump408
Here's mine with Ichiba 20mm spacers in rear/front
hey were you able to use your stock lug nuts with the spacers?
Old 09-26-17, 12:54 PM
FreshIS
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by DJMOVA
This is the exact set up I've been looking for! Stock AWD suspension on 20mm H&R all around.

Do you mind posting more pics from different angles and some full car shots? Any rubbing at all with passengers?

Same setup as me. Would love to see some side shots
Old 11-29-17, 10:34 AM
Jbreezie
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Since It occasionally rubs on the driver’s side with 20mm, I wonder if 18mm is would work without having to grind down the studs?
Old 11-29-17, 01:19 PM
BRiCCFLAiR
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looking to run some spacers on my 2015 IS250 F Sport at stock height/suspension through the winter with appropriate tires. Should I go 20/25 rear/front with the bolt-in set up? I don't want to compromise the ride or rub at all.

Quick Reply: Flush Spacers on Fsport Rims