Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Anyone on lowering springs on SC300

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-13, 08:05 AM
bigwes
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ill post some pics once i get back to the crib. im on the college schools computer and we arent allowed to post pictures on it. lol
Old 10-23-13, 10:20 AM
SC4ME
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bigwes
ill post some pics once i get back to the crib. im on the college schools computer and we arent allowed to post pictures on it. lol
lmao same here, so annoying, theirs so many programs that make things complicated
Old 02-27-14, 05:30 PM
Lokz
Driver

Bringing back from the dead. I ended up buying some new wheels 215/45/R18 +42 Offset . I read up a lot on coilovers and the only coilover i really liked was the h&r coilovers but when i went to buy them i found out that h&r stopped the production for supra coilovers. I had to go back on my re search and then i ended up looking at espelir springs.

So tell me what you all think about this
Option 1 Espelir springs with stock shocks
Option 2 Eibach springs with Bilistin shocks
I really wanted someone to give some reviews about Stance coilovers because someone tried to sell me those but i refused.

Remember this is a daily driven car, I am wanting comfort and nice stance. Dont be biased on brands because you are using it in your car. Really looking for some light, it has taken me forever to figure out what kind of suspension to get. please Help!
Thanks in advance,
Loki
Old 02-27-14, 05:45 PM
Candela
Lead Lap

eibach and bilsteins are good. also tein s-tech and bilsteins are good. dont forget to cut your bump stops in 1/2 the least.
Old 03-03-14, 05:51 PM
Lokz
Driver

Cut bump stops in half? Why? The hunt has come to an end.
Ordering some espelir asd springs and kyb gr-2 shocks tomorrow along with their strut mounts and boots. What kind of strut mounts do i use for the front?
Can some one kindly post some pictures of espelir springs so i can kind of have an idea on how they will look like or post a feedback on espelir springs
Thanks!
Old 03-03-14, 07:47 PM
Candela
Lead Lap

use brand new shock mounts, made by kyb or moog. you should cut the bump stops in half to allow for more suspension travel. the less your shock comes into contact with the bump stop the better the ride is going to be and the better you will enjoy it.

there are many threads with espelir springs in detail.
Old 03-10-14, 09:58 PM
Lokz
Driver

^^ Cutting bump stops in half, if you could elaborate with pictures on what exactly to do? Just cut them in half and throw the other half away or cutting them and throwing them in? I tried to go accross a few threads i really couldnt find much answers. I know i reply late but i dont get here often. I have ordered everything front mounts rear mounts boot kits for front and rear but i was told by the vendor the boot kit does not come with bump stops.
Thanks!
Old 03-12-14, 10:08 PM
Lokz
Driver

Espelir springs are discountinued :'(
So now i have ordered tanabe and KYB shocks. All new strut mounts just looking for new bump stops and im golden after.
WIll post pics once it arrives and i install it.
Old 03-13-14, 09:28 AM
Candela
Lead Lap

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...bly-rough.html
Old 03-17-14, 12:14 AM
Lokz
Driver

I got my shocks , strut mounts and boot kit yesterday springs are yet to arrive. I guess my vendor was wrong about the bump stops. The boot kit did include the bump stops. Since they are KYB bump stops i think i wont need to cut them in half.
Old 03-17-14, 09:39 AM
Shrugy
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Anybody have a thought about Megan EZ Street Coilovers?

I am planning to get them, but I wanna know are they worth the investment.

I'm not looking for some performance machine, I'm just interested in the fact that they have adjustable height to them.

Would this suit my purpose? And are they something to look around to get a used set of them?
Old 03-17-14, 09:50 AM
Candela
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Lokz
I got my shocks , strut mounts and boot kit yesterday springs are yet to arrive. I guess my vendor was wrong about the bump stops. The boot kit did include the bump stops. Since they are KYB bump stops i think i wont need to cut them in half.
Those KYB stops are larger and stiffer than stock ones, you're gonna have a bad time with those, or at least if you don't cut those. You could have also done the gixxer-drew suspension since you have the bilsteins. Height adjustable and you can choose your spring rate that you want.

Originally Posted by Shrugy
Anybody have a thought about Megan EZ Street Coilovers?

I am planning to get them, but I wanna know are they worth the investment.

I'm not looking for some performance machine, I'm just interested in the fact that they have adjustable height to them.

Would this suit my purpose? And are they something to look around to get a used set of them?
Megan will usually get a bad wrap but from what I've seen and experienced personally on an SC they work very well and hadn't seen any issues. Plus the spring rates on the EZ are probably some of the most forgiving, 14kg front/ 8 or 10kg rear i think. You can get BC Racing coilovers with similar spring rates and an optional metal/rubber upper mount for better ride quality but I'm sure they will cost more than the Megans.
Old 03-18-14, 02:19 AM
Lokz
Driver

Okay i got the springs today. They did come with a card which said cut bump stops and explained better on what to do. So i ended up doing that in the front setup rear one's were pretty small to begin with so i just left them as is and installed them. It was a pain in the ******* to install the whole suspension setup but its all done now and i love the ride.Slightly stiff, the stiffness level is exactly what i wanted. Not too hard and not tooo soft very little body roll not too much of a drop maybe a little more lower would be nicer probably an inch or half inch more drop, i hope it lowers a little more after i drive it for sometime. Will post pics tomorrow. This is KYB shocks and tanabe springs. I wonder how 215/45/ r18 will look on it. Too tall?
Thanks,
Loki
Old 03-18-14, 07:09 AM
962jzsc415
Intermediate

Received 83 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Lokz
Okay i got the springs today. They did come with a card which said cut bump stops and explained better on what to do. So i ended up doing that in the front setup rear one's were pretty small to begin with so i just left them as is and installed them. It was a pain in the ******* to install the whole suspension setup but its all done now and i love the ride.Slightly stiff, the stiffness level is exactly what i wanted. Not too hard and not tooo soft very little body roll not too much of a drop maybe a little more lower would be nicer probably an inch or half inch more drop, i hope it lowers a little more after i drive it for sometime. Will post pics tomorrow. This is KYB shocks and tanabe springs. I wonder how 215/45/ r18 will look on it. Too tall?
Thanks,
Loki
Hey Loki is that set up for the TT Supra or SC's? Lowering is my next mod and trying to decide to go with TT Supra set up or SC set up.
Old 03-20-14, 01:13 AM
Lokz
Driver

This is the SC300 Shock and spring setup

Progress picture

Installed Picture

Threw some wheels on it

Quick Reply: Anyone on lowering springs on SC300