Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Should I get RS*R Coil?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-13, 09:33 AM
anhzie
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Should I get RS*R Coil?

hey peple! should i get RS*R Coil or just wait for after SEMA to see other BRAND? please give some suggestion because about to go SonicMS shop tmr to see! heard when install the COIL will disables the adjusting suspension? i dont understand much about losing Sport mode! and how about the SPORT + for IS 350 ??
Old 10-14-13, 09:54 AM
alexlude
Lead Lap

i think installing any sort of aftermarket susp, will lose your sport+ advantages. You'll just be riding on more aggressive setup all the time 24/7. so its a matter of preference.

As for waiting on new things, i would just wait until after SEMA to see what other companies may be offering... up to you if you can wait though....
Old 10-14-13, 10:11 AM
anhzie
Pole Position

i can wait but i heard if u install any Coil will disable it
Old 10-14-13, 10:29 AM
Stitch626
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by anhzie
i can wait but i heard if u install any Coil will disable it
yes installing coils will remove the Sport + feature...personally I am going with springs!
Old 10-14-13, 03:22 PM
anhzie
Pole Position

aww that suck i think just wait after SEMA let see anything news or some company can get through that problem

Originally Posted by Stitch626
yes installing coils will remove the Sport + feature...personally I am going with springs!
Old 10-14-13, 03:37 PM
alexlude
Lead Lap

yeah it would be bad to get rid of the AVS and sport+ feature after installing coils... i'm sure there should be some alternative to have that feature but a more aggressive stance...
Old 10-14-13, 04:36 PM
GSTONY
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had rs r springs on my 13 gs fsport it was nice but if you guys dont mind having the rear sit lower then the front then go for it. I now have rsr coilsovers and I can tell you thats the best mod I have on my car. You can set it like stock or adjust to your likeing and on the plus side it handles even better then stock with the avs on sport +. If you dont mind spending more, coilsover all day. I was on the same boat as you guys didnt want to mess with the avs but really didnt like the look of my rsr superdown and it was a little bouncy on normal but sport+ was better.
Old 10-14-13, 04:55 PM
John510
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How will changing the coils remove the feature? Isnt it in the actual Shocks ?
Old 10-14-13, 05:54 PM
anhzie
Pole Position

just be patient and save money wait after SEMA i think there will more coilover come out I'm saving to get the VR05 VIP Modular wheels right now
Old 10-14-13, 07:08 PM
LexFather

The Sport + move adjusts the shocks on the Lexus. That is why if you switch to say RS-R springs, you keep Sport + mode. With the coilover setup, you are replacing the entire suspension coil/spring so sport + mode is no longer needed.Also you can adjust the suspension yourself with maybe 20-30 settings.

For most a spring with Sport + will do fine. For those that want the absolute best, the RS-R coilover is the way to go. You won't miss sport plus b/c the suspension is so damn good it makes it obsolete.

FYI, I've driven every RS-R combination so far with the new GS/IS except the black-i suspension and I'll have feedback on that soon.
Old 10-14-13, 08:02 PM
anhzie
Pole Position

sound great is any error light show up on the screen after install Coil?

Originally Posted by Blueprint
The Sport + move adjusts the shocks on the Lexus. That is why if you switch to say RS-R springs, you keep Sport + mode. With the coilover setup, you are replacing the entire suspension coil/spring so sport + mode is no longer needed.Also you can adjust the suspension yourself with maybe 20-30 settings.

For most a spring with Sport + will do fine. For those that want the absolute best, the RS-R coilover is the way to go. You won't miss sport plus b/c the suspension is so damn good it makes it obsolete.

FYI, I've driven every RS-R combination so far with the new GS/IS except the black-i suspension and I'll have feedback on that soon.
Old 10-14-13, 08:11 PM
LexFather

No, no errors at all...and let's just say RS-R is working hard on something to make life easier for those with sport + and coilovers

Old 10-14-13, 08:25 PM
anhzie
Pole Position

eventho when u switch to sport/+ doesnt show anything at all?

Originally Posted by Blueprint
No, no errors at all...and let's just say RS-R is working hard on something to make life easier for those with sport + and coilovers

Old 10-14-13, 08:26 PM
alexlude
Lead Lap

Anything you can go into detail more about ?? :-)
Old 10-15-13, 07:27 AM
GSTONY
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When you switch to sport mode everything still work except your avs, because you have to remove the motor that go on top of the suspension. No dash light what so ever so don't worry about that and like blue print said rsr coils are superior to oem suspension everytime I take a turn it feels so good makes you say damn.

Quick Reply: Should I get RS*R Coil?