ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   Suspension and Brakes (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/suspension-and-brakes-185/)
-   -   Question for a GS newbie about SUS and Wheels (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/suspension-and-brakes/70584-question-for-a-gs-newbie-about-sus-and-wheels.html)

supraeater 01-13-03 03:03 PM

Question for a GS newbie about SUS and Wheels

Quick question, are Supra suspension parts interchangable with the GS??? I have some left over stuff from my tt supra....19 inch wheels 19 by 8.5 and 19 by 10. I have some eibach springs and bilstein shocks. will any of these fit? If not I will just sell them and start from scratch and sell the stuff to my friend.
Thanks

rominl 01-13-03 03:44 PM

suspension parts should be quite custom from cars to cars. i don't think the springs and shocks on your tt would fit on the gs. not 100% though. at least i was thinking about putting my coilover on is300 but figured i can't :(

wheels could be another story, you just need to check the offset and stuff

redgs4 01-13-03 04:00 PM

My Volk LE37K's [18x8.5/18x9.5] are the -exact- same for the GS as the Supra. Per rominl, if the offset is ok you are good to go.

supraeater 01-13-03 05:13 PM

yeah i figured the wheels would fit but someone mentioned something about the calipers to me once. not sure if they knew what they were talking about. is 10" too wide for the rears? as far as the shocks and springs are concerned i was under the impression that the gs has a very similar chasis to the supra. afterall the aristo has the supra motor in japan. now i know just that fact doesn't mean much, but it is like the new g35 4 door and coupe....not exactly the same on the exterior but they are similar chassis etc...
thanks

Ag02M5 01-13-03 07:06 PM

Supra stuff is VERY changeable with SC model.

Suspension cannot be switched with GS.

Wheels...good possibility. Though you can run a lower offset on the front of a Supra than a GS.

For offset, you should be at +36 or higher front and +45 or higher rear if you don't want to mod the fender (tire dependent).

R

Ag02M5 01-13-03 07:07 PM

Oh yeah.

Supra brakes fit most Lexus models without modifications (other than wheels).

I have TT calipers and rotors for my car.

rominl 01-13-03 09:16 PM

Originally posted by supraeater
yeah i figured the wheels would fit but someone mentioned something about the calipers to me once. not sure if they knew what they were talking about. is 10" too wide for the rears? as far as the shocks and springs are concerned i was under the impression that the gs has a very similar chasis to the supra. afterall the aristo has the supra motor in japan. now i know just that fact doesn't mean much, but it is like the new g35 4 door and coupe....not exactly the same on the exterior but they are similar chassis etc...
thanks

well the is300 is based on the gs chassis too, but they have different parts. it's about weight too i believe.

if the rims you have clear the calipers on the tt, you should have no problem putting them on gs4. the supra tt calipers are huge, a lot of members here put on the supra tt calipers and ended up getting new wheels or 15mm spacers.

10" for rear is not necessarily wide, but definitely stretching it. a few members have 10" at the back, ask rmmgs4 about it

MrSypher 01-13-03 09:23 PM

10" on the rear is pretty much the limit you can go without modding the wheelwell... You won't run into any problems there if again the offset is right.. Check it out.... You got the car and the wheels.... Throw them on and take a cruise.....