Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Who makes the best camber kits?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-13, 11:28 AM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 194 Likes on 138 Posts

before...........
Attached Thumbnails Who makes the best camber kits?-left-side-done-859.jpg   Who makes the best camber kits?-left-side-done-858.jpg  
Old 07-10-13, 11:33 AM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

and after, just gonna re-do the fender work to where theres much less wheel gap and then it should be ready for coilovers.
Attached Thumbnails Who makes the best camber kits?-swapped-faces-022.jpg   Who makes the best camber kits?-swapped-faces-026.jpg  
Old 07-10-13, 11:38 AM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

few more,,,, im going back out to work on the fenders now
Attached Thumbnails Who makes the best camber kits?-swapped-faces-023.jpg   Who makes the best camber kits?-swapped-faces-024.jpg   Who makes the best camber kits?-swapped-faces-025.jpg  
Old 07-10-13, 11:48 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 551 Likes on 370 Posts

I'm glad to see that swapping faces worked out for you. Do you know what the new offset is now?
Old 07-10-13, 06:22 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

sorry man I have no clue what the offset would be at this point,,it started at +35 as far as I know .
Old 07-10-13, 06:38 PM
OhHiChris
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Eh, I will have to agree with Zach. That rear fender work destroys the bodylines.
Old 07-10-13, 06:57 PM
ZachTriggs
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The fact that you thought camber bolts were going to solve your issues furthers my previous statement. Now that you swapped the faces it looks a lot more possible. Are you going to leave such a flat flare when you go back for body work? IMO it would look cleaner cutting farther up the fender and having it come slowly come out (don't know if that made any sense haha)
Old 07-10-13, 07:26 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by OhHiChris
Eh, I will have to agree with Zach. That rear fender work destroys the bodylines.
this amount of extreme fender work was never in my plans , but I got stuck in a position where I had to do what i had to do to make them stop rubbing.

as it sits now I will lower that flare by at least 50% , and do the final touches on it to blend it in better.

Originally Posted by ZachTriggs
The fact that you thought camber bolts were going to solve your issues furthers my previous statement. Now that you swapped the faces it looks a lot more possible. Are you going to leave such a flat flare when you go back for body work? IMO it would look cleaner cutting farther up the fender and having it come slowly come out (don't know if that made any sense haha)
Zach , this is why I don't like you.

I have never claimed to know anything about 'camber' or extreme wheel fitting.

My original post here stated exactly ' I don't know the first thing about camber' yet u keep mouthing off as if im trying to pretend I know something I don't.

I re-built these wheels(first time ever) and they ended up poking WAY more then I thougt, due to the fact that I didn't pay attention to the high disk low disk factor.

If I was here posting false info ,, or pretending to be something im not , then by all means call me out , I would do the same , but you see a guy asking questions and u wanna try to give little smart *** remarks , its not gonna fly.

You've lost my respect, I don't like you , stay out of my thread.
Old 07-10-13, 08:44 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

How'd you flare those fenders out that much without cracking the paint or tearing the metal?
Old 07-10-13, 10:42 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by KingPhilip
How'd you flare those fenders out that much without cracking the paint or tearing the metal?

I had to cut them wide open man ,,I did everything I didn't want to do , but I had no choice ,,,,im gon na do the same thing now ,,,slice them up ,,,lower them , then do the cosmetic stuff to make them look good

ii painted over them just so it looks presentable when I drive around , but it was never a finished product

although ive had to argue and debate with people over nonsense this thread has been a great help,,,swapping the faces was the cure to what was ailing me
Attached Thumbnails Who makes the best camber kits?-fender-work-033.jpg  
Old 07-11-13, 07:15 AM
JohnMatt
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like a jeep raped your car. If I had a baby I would punch it in the face
Old 07-11-13, 09:46 AM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by 1WILLY1
I had to cut them wide open man ,,I did everything I didn't want to do , but I had no choice ,,,,im gon na do the same thing now ,,,slice them up ,,,lower them , then do the cosmetic stuff to make them look good

ii painted over them just so it looks presentable when I drive around , but it was never a finished product
Oh, didn't realize you had to cut it. I'd totally do fender overhaul before I get my SC painted. But just my 2 cents, if you did that much of a "pull", might as well done a decent wide body. A car with wheels poking too much look like a skinny girl with very thick legs, unproportional. No offense.
Old 07-17-13, 05:50 PM
SC4Paulo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

how big is your outer lip and your inner barrel? if thats a 13" wide rim by the picks it looks like you have close to 6" of lip that would but you and just around 0et.

it will camber in a bit with you're coilovers when you lower it.

Last edited by SC4Paulo; 07-17-13 at 05:54 PM.
Old 07-17-13, 06:52 PM
mikef
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

this looks really nice
Old 07-18-13, 03:37 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by KingPhilip
Oh, didn't realize you had to cut it. I'd totally do fender overhaul before I get my SC painted. But just my 2 cents, if you did that much of a "pull", might as well done a decent wide body. A car with wheels poking too much look like a skinny girl with very thick legs, unproportional. No offense.
Yea trust me man I was not happy with how the fenders looked like that, I only did that so I was able to ride on my wheels with no scraping and rubbing, until I was able to go with overfenders.

But now since I swapped the faces I wont have to do that

I re cut the fenders today and now they are MUCH better IMO, once I do the cosmetic work they are gonna look a lot better.

Just drove around with them on a bunch of speedbumps and theres no rubbing or scraping, so its ready for the body work and hopefully coils.

Originally Posted by Kingshawty
how big is your outer lip and your inner barrel? if thats a 13" wide rim by the picks it looks like you have close to 6" of lip that would but you and just around 0et.

it will camber in a bit with you're coilovers when you lower it.
My outer lip is 6 inch, the inner barrel is 7, im really hoping when I get coils its gonna tuck them in a bit, as well as im gonna have my natural camber maxed out once my mechanic makes time.

Since swapping the faces its dramatically improved the offset, whatever it is.

Originally Posted by mikef
this looks really nice
thanks buddy
Attached Thumbnails Who makes the best camber kits?-new-fender-cut-005.jpg   Who makes the best camber kits?-new-fender-cut-008.jpg   Who makes the best camber kits?-new-fender-cut-007.jpg   Who makes the best camber kits?-new-fender-cut-009.jpg  

Quick Reply: Who makes the best camber kits?