Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Who makes the best camber kits?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-13, 12:46 PM
scott101
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey, so im building some wide wheels as well with similar poke. the factory camber is pretty weak. both those companies to make arms. some ebay store sells ones that people on here think are pretty decent. theyre a gold color
Old 07-04-13, 04:07 PM
ZachTriggs
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To get "the most extreme negative camber" your going to need a lot of custom fabing you're obviously not capable of. Get battle version rear upper control arms and preferably the rest of his suspension links and take your car to someone who knows how to install and do a proper alignment.
Old 07-05-13, 12:29 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 549 Likes on 369 Posts

Originally Posted by 1WILLY1
what custom fabbing am I obviously not capable of? fender work? What the **** do you know what im capable of and not capable of?

Buddy all you've done with your car is lower it, on some cheap mild sized wheels no less,,,,,,,so check your little ego at the door.
The custom fabrication he has in mind requires modifying the entire suspension and creating custom length arms. It's something I wouldn't trust just anyone to do. It requires an advanced understanding of the suspension geometry to get it right.

Zach is right about what you need to do though. The only problem I see with his suggestion is that the UCA is no longer for sale on the battle version website.

Personally I'm not a fan of what you're trying to achieve, but its obvious you have no clue what you got yourself into.
Old 07-05-13, 06:52 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 192 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by Blkexcoupe
The custom fabrication he has in mind requires modifying the entire suspension and creating custom length arms. It's something I wouldn't trust just anyone to do. It requires an advanced understanding of the suspension geometry to get it right.

Zach is right about what you need to do though. The only problem I see with his suggestion is that the UCA is no longer for sale on the battle version website.

Personally I'm not a fan of what you're trying to achieve, but its obvious you have no clue what you got yourself into.
The only mistake I made was not taking into consideration the high and low disk difference between the front and rear wheels, which completely messed up my calculations.

And again so what if I jumped into a very aggressive set up for the first time , EVERYONE here started somewhere and you learn as you go, im learning a lot through every step of this process, no need for people to get snotty with someone asking valid questions for their set up,,either help or don't simple as that, ill figure it out either way.

On a side note the idea to swap the faces was a very good one, I was so worn out from my business and work on this car I didn't even think of it, the face on the low disk is literally like 1.5 inches lower then the high disk.

I already have my two fronts apart and ready for the face swap, ill have my rears done on Sunday, as you can see the disk is like non existent.

This is gonna pull in my rears by about 1.5 inches and poke out the front by the same, its really gonna even the look out and should be enough to get these wheels to finally fit properly
Attached Thumbnails Who makes the best camber kits?-front-wheel-apart-795.jpg   Who makes the best camber kits?-front-wheel-apart-796.jpg  

Last edited by 1WILLY1; 07-05-13 at 06:58 PM.
Old 07-06-13, 08:32 AM
Oconee1985
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not a fan of tires this big on cars without a full widebody. Without the widebody from the rear it reminds me of a dragster. BUT having said that everyones taste are different otherwise we would all be driving around in gray box cars. Im enjoying this thread purely for the technical aspect and hope you are able to achieve your goals and cant wait to see what it looks like when you get it reinstalled. Good luck
Old 07-06-13, 01:55 PM
Toyboxx
Lead Lap

TBH I don't believe anyone makes any after market camber "kits" it's not like Honda where you can buy camber arms, and camber plates. We only have camber bolts which are fairly adjustable and IIRC allow you to go -7* thru -9* of camber. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.
Old 07-06-13, 02:59 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Oconee1985
Not a fan of tires this big on cars without a full widebody. Without the widebody from the rear it reminds me of a dragster. BUT having said that everyones taste are different otherwise we would all be driving around in gray box cars. Im enjoying this thread purely for the technical aspect and hope you are able to achieve your goals and cant wait to see what it looks like when you get it reinstalled. Good luck
thanks man I appreciate it
Originally Posted by Toyboxx
TBH I don't believe anyone makes any after market camber "kits" it's not like Honda where you can buy camber arms, and camber plates. We only have camber bolts which are fairly adjustable and IIRC allow you to go -7* thru -9* of camber. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.
I think your on to something there, I was at my tire/alignment shop yesterday and I asked them what they would charge to max out my negative camber on my rear wheels, his first response was 'Do you need camber bolts"?

Since I ddont know a thing about camber I told him im not sure,, im goin back there tomorrow im gonna try to get them to take care of it for me.

Ill report back
Old 07-06-13, 05:44 PM
Toyboxx
Lead Lap

There are no aftermarket camber bolts, but after doing some digging around TMEngineering sells camber correction kits. Scroll down to the bottom

http://www.tmengineering.net/suspens...n/make/sc.html
Old 07-06-13, 07:08 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

im not 100% sure but I think the camber correction kit is to add positive camber to your car after it has been lowered, where as I am looking for negative camber.

there are a few companies that sell camber arms for the SC, ebay even has them for cheap, but im not sure if that is all you would be needed.

ive also found several 'universal' aftermarket camber bolts, claiming to add quite a bit of negative camber over the stock adjustment.
Old 07-06-13, 09:30 PM
durps
Lead Lap

Damn! This looks like it'll be beast when its all said and done.Good luck! Hope swapping the faces eases some of your complications.
Old 07-07-13, 02:12 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by durps
Damn! This looks like it'll be beast when its all said and done.Good luck! Hope swapping the faces eases some of your complications.
thanks durps

Just got back from the tire shop and they told me they can order camber bolts that can allow for more negative camber , so that's what im going to do.

Also ive got all four wheels here ready for the face swap, it looks like I will have exactly 1 inch difference by swapping the faces, might be just enough.
Attached Thumbnails Who makes the best camber kits?-4-wheels-for-facelift-010.jpg  
Old 07-07-13, 10:42 PM
pieisgude
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dang man, i hope this works out. I really want to see it.
Old 07-08-13, 07:55 AM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Your SC is gonna look like Bigfoot. If he ever existed....
Old 07-09-13, 05:29 PM
3L4jzz31
Pole Position

If you need adjustable suspension pieces for more - camber and you can't find a cheaper version over here. You could always go and get the baller suspension pieces by Ikeya lol.
Old 07-10-13, 11:24 AM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

posting this just so the thread has some resolution, swapping the faces worked amazing, the car now looks properly proportioned, the rear got tucked in by an inch or more, and the front now pokes out by an extra inch or so, its looking proper, no more need for widebody or extreme camber.

Here are a few shots before the face swap, and a few after, im loving it.

Quick Reply: Who makes the best camber kits?