Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

1999 sc300 lca bushings

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-13, 06:19 AM
koolcat
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1999 sc300 lca bushings

Hi everyone, both of my fronts lca bushings are gone. Was gonna try the supra arms but look like the bushings on those only work for 92-96 sc if I read my info correctly. Unless that is wrong, please advuse me what to do. Im leaning toward throwing some polyurethane bushings on there but dont know which one to get. Are all prothane bushings work the same? What my research installing the porthane bushings are also different on newer model sc righr? Can those with newer model sc chime in and help me out? I been reading so much information on here that Im kinda lost.

Thanks,
Ryan
Old 06-20-13, 06:46 AM
LEXXIUM
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

Go with prothane lca bushings, they are only 56$. Have a shop press d ones out and install new ones in for a few bucks. To go this route make sure your ball joints are in a good shape. the difference between the old and new lca are: there are no metal sleeves inside the bushings on 98+
Old 06-20-13, 09:49 AM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

It explicitly say on their website that it can be used for 1992-2000 SC's. Only thing is, the bushings are sold separately for each ear.

http://shopfigs.com/v1/SC%20SC300%20...product_id=193
http://shopfigs.com/v1/SC%20SC300%20...product_id=194
Old 06-20-13, 11:26 AM
koolcat
Pole Position

Originally Posted by LEXXIUM
Go with prothane lca bushings, they are only 56$. Have a shop press d ones out and install new ones in for a few bucks. To go this route make sure your ball joints are in a good shape. the difference between the old and new lca are: there are no metal sleeves inside the bushings on 98+
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/clu...plication.html
Lexxium, will these work on mine since it says from 92-96 only? Also, are those metal sleeves inside of this set works with my 99 sc?

Originally Posted by KingPhilip
It explicitly say on their website that it can be used for 1992-2000 SC's. Only thing is, the bushings are sold separately for each ear.

http://shopfigs.com/v1/SC%20SC300%20...product_id=193
http://shopfigs.com/v1/SC%20SC300%20...product_id=194
So just for confirmation, I need to get the 51.1mm from this site for my 1999 sc300 and buy the 4metal sleeves somewhere else?

Last edited by koolcat; 06-20-13 at 11:30 AM.
Old 06-20-13, 10:39 PM
koolcat
Pole Position

Well from searching around the net and on this forum, many people are really unsure on which bushings to use for the 1997+ Sc front lca. Hopefully this information help someone that is in the same boat as me. I stumbled upon this site below which clearly state which bushing OD sizing we should get for early model and late model. I didn't buy mine from the site below but instead the site that KingPhilp posted. Will update later after I finished with the installation to confirm if the info below is accurate.

http://toyheadauto.com/Toyota_Lexus_...1990_to_111994

Front Control Arm Lower Rear Bushing Kit, Early model, Bush OD = 54.8mm (4 Bushings, 2 Inner Tubes) -1404K- $106.70
Front Control Arm Lower-Front Bushing Kit, Early model, Bush OD = 49.5mm (4 Bushings, 2 Inner Tubes) -1403K- $95.70

Front Control Arm Lower-Front Bushing Kit, Late model, bush OD = 46mm (4 Bushings, 2 Inner Tubes) -1650K- $66.00
Front Control Arm Lower Rear Bushing Kit, Late model, bush OD = 51.1mm (4 Bushings, 2 Inner Tubes) -1651K- $82.50
Old 06-21-13, 04:56 AM
Maserati
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Yeah this has been confusing the hell out of me,thanks for the clarification.
Whiteline also has them : http://www.whiteline.com.au/do_segue...icle=1%2F90-00
what makes whiteline's bushings different from figs?

Last edited by Maserati; 06-21-13 at 06:10 AM.
Old 06-21-13, 09:04 AM
koolcat
Pole Position

Just review the whiteline bushing from the site you posted, it seems to be for older model (92-96) sc. The Bush OD is different from the new model.

Whiteline and Energy bushings from what I've been searching online are really good. The are known for theirs bushings. But just to make sure, I'll post up what the FIGS Bushings look like when it comes in along with installation if you want to wait just to make sure it works.
Old 06-21-13, 09:20 PM
FIGS
The Maker

Received 141 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally we had the same confusion until we actually got some early model arms in and pressed in the Late model bushings. From what I can tell the application refers to an "early model" which is perhaps the Soarer that never came over to the US. We are working on a DIY video next week.

Our bushings are made by Superpro Australia, akin to Whiteline however they offer a lifetime warranty regardless of track or offroad use which says a lot. They contain features to retain grease instead of displace it. We removed some Prothane bushings out of our sponsored drift cars and they were not only horrible on tolerance ie. the crush tubes were loose in the bushing, but they lack any sophistication on molding features or grease retention.

We keep both versions in stock but the above arm was a 1994 SC arm, so kinda throws the application boundary into question. This is why we have consolidated on a single application for all USDM SC's.
Links - Arms - SuperPro Poly Bushings - Solid Bearing Conversions - Motor Mounts
RB BBK's and 2P Rotors, G-Loc pads, Radium Fuel Systems
Custom Fabrication Design and Machining - Industrial 3D Printing - Laser Cutting
2018 USTCC Sportsman Class Champions - 2018 NASA ST5 National Champions
Old 06-21-13, 10:38 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Ok, I was gonna make time and explain this this morning but some things got in the way. Anyways, there's already plenty of info around that explains the difference. I can't find the one specifically for the '97-'00 SC's, but this thread is very similar with the Supra control arms.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...fferences.html

If you take time and read through it, you'll learn that the difference is the inner metal sleeve, having a huge bulge in the center, which will pretty much make it impossible to go in the new Prothane polyurethane bushings without major modifications done to it. Unlike what Figs is selling, the SuperPro bushings come with it's own center metal sleeve so it doesn't require you to reuse the old ones.

I've had made a very detailed DIY on my build thread for replacing the bushings with polyurethane for every single bushing there is for the control arms.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/7264785-post87.html
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/7264787-post88.html

You're welcome.
Old 06-22-13, 05:26 PM
koolcat
Pole Position

Originally Posted by FIGS
Originally we had the same confusion until we actually got some early model arms in and pressed in the Late model bushings. From what I can tell the application refers to an "early model" which is perhaps the Soarer that never came over to the US. We are working on a DIY video next week.

Our bushings are made by Superpro Australia, akin to Whiteline however they offer a lifetime warranty regardless of track or offroad use which says a lot. They contain features to retain grease instead of displace it. We removed some Prothane bushings out of our sponsored drift cars and they were not only horrible on tolerance ie. the crush tubes were loose in the bushing, but they lack any sophistication on molding features or grease retention.

We keep both versions in stock but the above arm was a 1994 SC arm, so kinda throws the application boundary into question. This is why we have consolidated on a single application for all USDM SC's.
Mike, thanks for the post. Hopefully it will arrive soon so I can tackle this little mini project. Will definitely post the result back here for everyone. Hopefully it can clear some confusion.

Ok, I was gonna make time and explain this this morning but some things got in the way. Anyways, there's already plenty of info around that explains the difference. I can't find the one specifically for the '97-'00 SC's, but this thread is very similar with the Supra control arms.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...fferences.html

If you take time and read through it, you'll learn that the difference is the inner metal sleeve, having a huge bulge in the center, which will pretty much make it impossible to go in the new Prothane polyurethane bushings without major modifications done to it. Unlike what Figs is selling, the SuperPro bushings come with it's own center metal sleeve so it doesn't require you to reuse the old ones.

I've had made a very detailed DIY on my build thread for replacing the bushings with polyurethane for every single bushing there is for the control arms.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/7264785-post87.html
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/7264787-post88.html

You're welcome.
Thanks so much Philip, this will help a lot. Hopefully I have all the sleeves needed to finish the project. I read your thread and you said the camber side has 3 sleeves? I thought the one from FIGS come with a center long sleeve and that was it. Hopefully I have enough sleeves to finish it in one day.
Old 06-23-13, 08:54 AM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by koolcat
Thanks so much Philip, this will help a lot. Hopefully I have all the sleeves needed to finish the project. I read your thread and you said the camber side has 3 sleeves? I thought the one from FIGS come with a center long sleeve and that was it. Hopefully I have enough sleeves to finish it in one day.
Yes, there is 3. It sits flush on the control arm "ear". The reason why you need to burn out the old rubber bushing, 'cause you don't have to press out the outer sleeve. And as I can see in Figs pic, it's the same deal with theirs.
Old 06-23-13, 07:49 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 551 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by FIGS
Have you guys also tried installing the "late model" bushings in 97-00 arms to confirm that it fits?
Old 06-24-13, 12:36 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Blkexcoupe
Have you guys also tried installing the "late model" bushings in 97-00 arms to confirm that it fits?
Wahahahahahaha.... Please read everything we just discussed. Better yet, click the link to their website and read through.
Old 06-24-13, 01:44 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 551 Likes on 370 Posts

Wahahahahahaha.... Please read everything we just discussed. Better yet, click the link to their website and read through.
I have read everything and am asking him to confirm it again. I've done a lot of research on 97+ LCA bushings because I have a 98. I also have had both 92-96 and 97-00 Arms on my SC.

I'm asking him to confirm because one of the ears on 97+ arms are larger than the 92-96 arm. In the past people have gotten 92-96 Prothane bushings to fit in 97-00 arms, but the 97-00 arms didn't fit back on to the car without modification.
Old 06-27-13, 02:30 PM
Dougspeed
Lead Lap

Supra LCA WILL fit without any modifications. Just do that because if your bushings are shot, it's highly likely that your ball joints are ready to give out too.

Quick Reply: 1999 sc300 lca bushings