Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Sway bar kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-13, 07:57 AM
NorthStyle
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The fitment's perfect on the front, although the bracket they provide is garbage so I ended up reusing the stock one. Not too sure if the bushings are poly or rubber as it's been a few months since I've installed it... the rear's in the garage in a box as I'm PCSing, so RamAirRckt might be able to chime in to answer.
Old 10-20-13, 08:16 AM
RamAirRckt
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

I prefer the stock brackets and bushing design, I don't like the aftermarket ones that are a simple strap and a bushing that extends outside the bracket. Bad design and they don't survive long, at least on my T/A with hard polyurethane bushings.

The rear, before you start, spray with PB Blaster first, get the bolts loose and it will go super easy. If not I had to drill 3 of the 4 broken bolts out and put in bolts/nuts. I live in the north, so my car has always seen a lot of salt. But soak for a few days, if not a week before you attempt it, keep spraying. PB Blaster works wonders.

I reused stock rear bushings as the EMUSA kit doesn't come with rears and I just crammed it in, tight is good. It worked for me just fine.

The front bushing that come with the kit are plain rubber, nothing special. Rear doesn't come with, so buy them ahead of time first.

The rear bar is black, front is red, pick up some paint if you want the rear to match and to cover up chips, they weren't packaged well, so the rear had some chips, the front just one.

Perfect install on front, rear is fatter and you will have some fittement issues, but nothing more than any other fat bar. Mainly have to lift a wheel to get the link kit installed. Note the rear has a allen fitting inside the link kit end to hold it fixed to take off the nut. I think 5mm, but with rust it was tough to get in there. I didn't know there was an allen fitting in there, so I had used long nose vice grips, it was a pain. You can take out the bar with end link and do it on the ground/bench. Make sure tight when done, one of mine came loose and rattled after a month or so. Hard to get tight when I couldn't seem to get a perfect fit allen wrench in there.

Summary: Front takes less time than changing spark plugs on a 1UZ-FE. Rear takes some prep time with PB Blaster and order bushings for it. And rear brackets completely encapsulate the bushing, so you need that OEM like bushing unless you get different brackets and then you can use any type bushing that matches it.

Factory bushings look like this: http://www.prothanesuspensionparts.c...sp?prod=181124
Old 10-20-13, 12:17 PM
NorthStyle
Lexus Test Driver

Hmmm.... mine came with bushings for the rear.
Old 10-20-13, 12:22 PM
RamAirRckt
Instructor

Maybe they forgot mine or the poor packaging they came out during shipment.

Originally Posted by NorthStyle
Old 10-20-13, 01:00 PM
siksc16
Rookie

Originally Posted by tmf2004
it would be great sik of you became a vendor here. these would sell of there priced right.

Sent from my iPhone using IB AutoGroup
yea that's the whole Idea is to make these and you guys would be the first to have these offered to you.
Old 10-20-13, 02:10 PM
RamAirRckt
Instructor

I have my old bars off now, if you need them I can see about sending it to you. And I can model up my recommendations on fatter and adjustable.

Originally Posted by siksc16
yea that's the whole Idea is to make these and you guys would be the first to have these offered to you.
Old 10-22-13, 01:39 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 62 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by siksc16
Well please keep us posted.... I'm going back and forth between the Ebay set and a new TRD front sway bar from Sewell... I've heard great things about whiteline and they are widely used and popular everywhere... Thanks
Old 11-03-13, 10:54 AM
sanbaifo
Driver School Candidate

Mine came with rear bushings but the won't fit without modification as the are not the same shape as the OEM.
Old 11-03-13, 05:17 PM
NorthStyle
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah, same for the ones I received... I'm not sure if I'll just mod the ones I received or just buy replacements to fit the new sways that are proper-sized.
Old 11-03-13, 05:19 PM
RamAirRckt
Instructor

I just cut the bushings that came with the bar down to fit the stock brackets. Worked for me.

Yeah, same for the ones I received... I'm not sure if I'll just mod the ones I received or just buy replacements to fit the new sways that are proper-sized.
Old 11-08-13, 01:10 AM
guccigucci
Rookie

Thanks alot for the review and comments, just got the ebay kit...
Old 11-08-13, 12:03 PM
sanbaifo
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by RamAirRckt
I just cut the bushings that came with the bar down to fit the stock brackets. Worked for me.
So for the rear you rounded the "D" shaped bushing?
Old 11-08-13, 12:09 PM
RamAirRckt
Instructor

Yes, can't recall with what, but it is a soft bushing so it was pretty easy. Wasn't perfect,but didn't care, wanted it very tight in there too.

Originally Posted by sanbaifo
So for the rear you rounded the "D" shaped bushing?
Old 11-09-13, 08:31 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 62 Likes on 60 Posts

are u guys replacing endlinks as well with the new sway bar? Just thought that might help tighten things up a bit more..
Old 11-09-13, 04:40 PM
NorthStyle
Lexus Test Driver

I replaced all of my endlinks

Quick Reply: Sway bar kit