Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Preferred Exhausts for your IS300?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-13, 10:56 AM
300Love
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Preferred Exhausts for your IS300?

I was just wondering what everyone's preference for exhaust system for their IS's are and why? I've really been liking the low gutteral sound i've been hearing posted on youtube a lot from the Apexi N1, Greddy RS and HKS High Power.

I don't have myself an IS300 yet but my heart is set on it. I won't give up, especially since i've already started dreaming parts for it.
Old 03-13-13, 01:53 PM
AZTurbo
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I really liked the HKS Hi-Power axle back when I was NA. Had a nice deep throaty tone.
Old 03-13-13, 03:24 PM
skitso1080
Pole Position

I have an Apex'i WS2 on my IS, however the HKS TI would be the business for the aggressive sound.
Old 03-14-13, 10:24 AM
xyooj
Driver School Candidate

which would be a better option a HKS carbon ti or the HKS hi power?? and what difference would a catback make from an axleback??
Old 03-14-13, 03:14 PM
300Love
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by xyooj
which would be a better option a HKS carbon ti or the HKS hi power?? and what difference would a catback make from an axleback??
Well i will probably end up being corrected on this. (And corrections are always welcome.) But from my understanding the carbon ti is actually wrapped in carbon and has a louder sound than the hi power. And as for the difference between a catback and an axleback... It's mostly in the names. the cat back starts at the catalytic converter and usually includes the intermediate piping and the axleback starts where the rear axles are/would be and does not include the intermediate piping.

If you want more in depth info on the difference between the cat and axle back exhausts, this seems to be a pretty good page for information on the. http://www.aptuned.com/blog/catback-...ifference.html

Hope that helps... and as i said earlier... if anyone has any different thoughts or just plain corrections on anything i said, feel free!
Old 03-21-13, 05:44 AM
NoDayzAwf
Driver School Candidate

The SRT exhaust is pretty good. It's 3" and it has a Subaru-like tone. The only reason why I didnt get it is because I wanted to go with a stock exhaust look on my IS.
Old 03-21-13, 06:19 AM
JoshuaV
Rookie

I had a GReddy Ti - Loved it and looked great! Sounded insane too, Super deep and throaty.
Old 04-07-13, 10:01 PM
RobnBlue
Driver School Candidate

Running the Megan Racing Cat-Back, and i love it, along with my fellow IS locals
Old 05-03-13, 04:45 PM
drift2002
Driver School Candidate

Hey everyone! I couldnt help but notice the topic but this is one of those things Ive been looking to upgrade on my 2002 IS300 for a long time...

It may be a 5speed manual, but I treat my car the way I am: gentle. I used to run my car crazy back then, but you can say Ive mellowed out. But sometimes, if a ricer boy feels brave, I would occasionally give him a run for his money. I may be a lady, but I get tested every time because of the car I drive...

I would like to know if there's an exhaust system out there that will be more functional rather than be one of those that just makes noise pollution but no power...

Ive only seen some youtube videos my fiancee showed me, but they are crappy in quality...
Old 05-05-13, 05:40 AM
JoshuaV
Rookie

Function with just an exhaust is an oxy lol You wouldn't be able to tell the difference much, If at all. They all make more noise then power on a stock motor. Now, If you had a GTE swap and put exhaust, You'll gain a few ponies. But not a stock 2JZGE.

My vote is the GReddy Titanium with burnt tip Check my threads and you can see it.
Old 05-08-13, 11:56 AM
DatSRBoi
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Has anyone ever tried just gutting out their stock muffler and just polish the outside up? A lot of the aftermarket muffler unless its a straight pipe is just the same thing but on a lighter aluminum metal right?
Old 05-08-13, 12:32 PM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

always loved the HKS or Individa on the IS300!
Old 05-14-13, 05:50 PM
Beachtyme
Advanced

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts

Install for a Tanabe Super Medalion Hyper that's still on the IS. Have always loved the sound it, throaty during normal driving, but not excessive.

Screams at WOT when you're on the pedal.

Edit: Discontinued.

Last edited by Beachtyme; 05-14-13 at 05:59 PM.
Old 07-01-13, 05:43 PM
Willmkent
Driver School Candidate

Apexi WS2 would be my choice to keep the noise to a comfortable volume
Old 07-03-13, 01:43 PM
Markabra
Driver School Candidate

I have a Greddy catback and I love it not too loud but very crisp sound throaty too

Quick Reply: Preferred Exhausts for your IS300?