Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Performance Springs..not that moar low stuff

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-13, 05:31 AM
gFREAKy
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Performance Springs..not that moar low stuff

I've been searching the forums for advice on what springs help with performance. I couldn't find anything except people wanted to slam their cars. I'm not into that, I would like my car a tad bit lower, maybe an inch. But my main goal is to upgrade the springs for better performance. I don't want the F Sport ones because they are progressive and can supposedly give floaty feelings at times. I want some springs that stiffen up the ride and improve overall handling, and when my shocks die I will also upgrade those. Any ideas? Ty.
Old 03-13-13, 06:05 AM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by gFREAKy
I've been searching the forums for advice on what springs help with performance. I couldn't find anything except people wanted to slam their cars. I'm not into that, I would like my car a tad bit lower, maybe an inch. But my main goal is to upgrade the springs for better performance. I don't want the F Sport ones because they are progressive and can supposedly give floaty feelings at times. I want some springs that stiffen up the ride and improve overall handling, and when my shocks die I will also upgrade those. Any ideas? Ty.
H&Rs are your best bet.

I hope you never want to go lower because you would be wasting your money on springs. Ive heard this many times and it often results in selling the springs and buying coils.
Old 03-13-13, 06:47 AM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I agree with Bob above^. H&R's are a well built performance spring that have been atound for a while and have a great reputation. They're German and go through tough testing so the quality is there. I'd suggest the F Sport sway bars to help with handling since that's what your shooting for. They're the best handling modification you can do. There are plenty of photos of people with H&R's on here.
Old 03-13-13, 12:30 PM
circuitt
Pole Position

Swift springs seem like a safe bet.
Old 03-13-13, 03:47 PM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

Received 584 Likes on 393 Posts

Factory sport suspension is stiffer, 0.4-inches lower in the front and non-progressive. Combined with the factory sport suspension shocks, it is a pretty fantastic drive.

Jeff
Old 03-13-13, 05:42 PM
gFREAKy
Driver

Originally Posted by bob4256
H&Rs are your best bet.

I hope you never want to go lower because you would be wasting your money on springs. Ive heard this many times and it often results in selling the springs and buying coils.
Nah, I wont want to go lower. I really take the time to decide what I want, and I've been wanting to just fix a little of the wheel gap I want while being able to drive my car anywhere without worrying about scraping anything. I am more interested in the performance part than the lowering part. Thank you I will check them out.

Originally Posted by Sffd103
I agree with Bob above^. H&R's are a well built performance spring that have been atound for a while and have a great reputation. They're German and go through tough testing so the quality is there. I'd suggest the F Sport sway bars to help with handling since that's what your shooting for. They're the best handling modification you can do. There are plenty of photos of people with H&R's on here.
Thank you, the front and rear sways or just the rear?
Old 03-13-13, 10:18 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

@gFreaky.....I did both.
Old 03-14-13, 11:16 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff Lange
Factory sport suspension is stiffer, 0.4-inches lower in the front and non-progressive. Combined with the factory sport suspension shocks, it is a pretty fantastic drive.

Jeff

That, with F-sport sways, and good tires
Old 03-14-13, 05:38 PM
SCWB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most of the lowering springs are progressive. Look at the spacing between the coil, they are not evenly spaced.

I think linear lowering spring is Swift Spring?
Old 03-14-13, 06:00 PM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

Received 584 Likes on 393 Posts

Originally Posted by Kurtz

That, with F-sport sways, and good tires
My exact setup. It's awesome.

Jeff
Old 03-14-13, 09:58 PM
bakalag
Intermediate

Received 403 Likes on 118 Posts

I just installed Swift 2 days ago. I was on X package shocks and springs. Currently it is softer on mild bumps but major dips it is stiffer. cornering is a lot sharper also. Performance Springs..not that moar low stuff-gf6fyc6.jpg Performance Springs..not that moar low stuff-kwgz0xr.jpg
Old 03-15-13, 06:28 AM
sgmbab
Driver

How much of a drop was it going from x-package to swift?
Old 03-15-13, 10:56 AM
ms2619
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry but that drop above looks horrible, thats why I'm saving for coils so the drop is all even, none of that hunch back drops
Old 03-15-13, 06:05 PM
bakalag
Intermediate

Received 403 Likes on 118 Posts

like 1 finger all around from x package. I need to take a better pic because my driver rear is half in the gutter meaning pass rear is compressed.
Old 03-15-13, 10:34 PM
circuitt
Pole Position

Yeah posts picks, was thinking about going with the same set up.

Originally Posted by bakalag
like 1 finger all around from x package. I need to take a better pic because my driver rear is half in the gutter meaning pass rear is compressed.

Quick Reply: Performance Springs..not that moar low stuff