Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

i think rockauto sent me the wrong end link(s)?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-13, 01:13 PM
Jose98GS3
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i think rockauto sent me the wrong end link(s)?

Hello all this is my first post on here and being a newb of course its a question

i ordered these part numbers
K90679 front right-gold
K90675 front left-black
K750035 rear-black

I only ordered one rear link like a dummy

i recieved my sway bar endlinks from rock auto .I recieved one gold link and two black. the shaft of the long bolt on the gold link seems to be longer than the front left one. they are also completely different in almost every detail of their contstruction .
the part number on the boxes all match what i ordered but only the gold link has the correct number on the sticker placed on its inner bag

just wondering if anyone has had any experience on which would be the right link?

pics attached
Attached Thumbnails i think rockauto sent me the wrong end link(s)?-20130213_152327.jpg   i think rockauto sent me the wrong end link(s)?-20130213_152606.jpg   i think rockauto sent me the wrong end link(s)?-20130213_152707.jpg  

Last edited by Jose98GS3; 02-13-13 at 01:18 PM.
Old 02-13-13, 02:11 PM
BayAreaLex
Instructor

Received 55 Likes on 44 Posts

You too?

Just 2 weeks ago, I ordered 2 rear endlinks. They sent one correct one and one that was 1inch shorter.

I called them and they sent out the correct replacement at no extra charge but I did lose a week.

I haven't had issues with them up to that point, but maybe there is a reason they are cheaper than everyone else?
Old 02-17-13, 03:25 PM
LuxuryGS3
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Could just be their inventory might be mixed up a little or something of the sort.

I've ordered lots of parts from RockAuto and haven't had any problems. Brake pads, rotors, LBJ's, outer tie rods.. I wouldn't have this discourage you from ordering from them.
Old 02-17-13, 03:33 PM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

happens once in a while... has nothing to do with being "cheaper", they cut out the middle man. Their suppliers tell them a list of what fits & doesn't.

I've had a few things come in wrong or defective - but that in no way is their fault... however they're awesome for simply sending you a new one free of charge. I once ordered something, was the wrong part told them i needed it asap and they sent is express and had it within 1.5 days... and i'm in Canada where everything has to take much longer...
Old 02-17-13, 07:01 PM
blacksedan
Lead Lap

mine came in two different sized boxes. I was afraid that I was going to get the wrong parts. Upon opening them, they ended up both being the same. Hopefully you can get it all sorted out quickly. Best of luck.
Old 02-20-13, 03:42 AM
Jose98GS3
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for all your replies!

after a little searching i figured out that the gold link was indeed the wrong link it was a mevotech link with the same product number .
All i can say is im glad i went with moog the difference in the amount of resistance between the two links was extreme . The mevotech link felt cheap and swiveled with almost no force the moog almost took two hands to move.

As for RockAuto I"ve only ordered from them once before and they sent me two completely incorrectly sized wiper blades but you just cant beat those prices!
Old 02-27-13, 10:17 PM
Jose98GS3
Driver School Candidate

A little update if anyone's interested

I spent ten minutes on the phone with Rock Auto customer service and they insisted that the part they sent me was indeed the correct one , saying that the issue was with moog outsourcing it's production and that they had this issue from time to time.
I was already aware of the Federal mogul/moog situation and suggested that the difference was too great for these parts to function as a pair and that perhaps there was a mix up in the warehouse.
He dismissed this idea reiterating Moog outsourcing to be the issue going further as to say that even if they sent a replacement i ran the risk of getting back the exact same gold type of link,Also saying that they would not authorize that .

So i got stuck with the return shipping being deducted from my refund and lost a couple weeks in the process.
I am now going to order this part from energy suspension , i hope its black because those gold ones are mushy as @#$*!

I'm unsure as to what actually went on but if you're going to be ordering Moog end links from Rock Auto you may want to be wary.

Edit: I recieved the link i ordered from energy suspension today , it shipped direct from Federal Mogul and it is Black!
Paid twice as much but I'm glad i got the right one

Last edited by Jose98GS3; 03-04-13 at 01:46 PM.
Old 03-11-13, 11:12 AM
BayAreaLex
Instructor

Received 55 Likes on 44 Posts

Thanks for the update regarding RockAuto.

As mentioned above, it may be that their suppliers are sending them the wrong parts since Rockauto is just a distribution business.

But if you order two of the same parts, you'd hope that someone in the supply chain line would notice when there are two completely different boxes going out! At the same time, I'm sure Rockauto doesn't even see many of the parts they sell as they are drop shipped from the supplier.

At least they made it right for both of us. I'll use them again, but will be careful about making arrangements to replace the parts on my car until I'm sure I have the right parts. This last time I made the mistake of removing the old worn parts before examining my two MOOG replacements from RockAuto (I examined one of them and just assumed the other box had the right part since it was stamped with the same part#). You can imagine I wasn't happy when I had to put the old parts back on the car after finding that RockAuto sent me the wrong one. That was several weeks ago and I still haven't had time to install the correct replacement that RockAuto sent me.
Old 03-18-13, 05:03 AM
Jose98GS3
Driver School Candidate

I too will probably use them again their prices are just too good to pass up
Although their customer service was a bit dismissive and i ended up losing money on one link and some time i still saved a bunch by using them .

on another note I can't say enough about those MOOG end links! Combined with energy suspension sway bar bushings they have been the most effective replacement/mod ( caster arms also did wonders) that I have done as far as improving the stability and road feel of the car especially at higher speeds.
Just waiting on my backordered megan EZ and ill probably throw in some Daizen control arm bushings at the same time, then hopefully passing and lane merges on the freeway wont seem so daunting