Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

EBC green pads impression

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-02, 10:45 AM
BananaGS
Tech Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EBC green pads impression

Time used: 3 years (2 set of pads)
Previous pads: Supra TT stock pad
Pros: "great" stopping power, quiet, non fade during hard brake, moderate wear on the disc

Cons: LOT of dust, 1/2 of the pad is gone in 1 year
Cost:$80
=========================
EBC Green pads
Time used: 1 month

Pros: "good" stoping power, non fade during hard brake, wear on the disc: unknown, generate almost NO DUST

Cons: Cost:$89

:Good brake, stopping feel is not as solid as supra pad, but generate no dust, should last longer also.

Last edited by BananaGS; 12-13-02 at 10:45 AM.
Old 12-13-02, 03:13 PM
RON430
Lexus Fanatic

Interested to see your comments. I put the EBC GreenStuff on my wife's Maxima and initially I have to agree with the powder statement. However, as they have worn in (probably on the car for nearly five months now) the powder is not that much different than the previous pads. Wonder if I just got a bad set? My wife takes her car to a detailer about every two weeks to get washed and you can definitely see the powder on that time frame between cleanings. See if you can post in a couple of more months on your impressions. One thing I will say is that compared to the stock pads on the Maxima, the EBC pads are much grippier with far better feel.
Old 12-13-02, 06:15 PM
BLW
Driver

I installed the EBC Greens on my car last Saturday along w/painting calipers and rear rotor hats. It has been rainy on and off all week so have not been aggressive on braking with wet roads. First impressions are that the pads a little grippier than stocks but seem to put out more dust than stock pads. Hope to have drier weather so that I can put the pads through their paces better. I am running stock calipers w/stock 17's.
Old 12-13-02, 06:53 PM
GS400_PUSHER
Lexus Champion

I'm in the market for some new ones ,you think I should buy these or shop around?
Old 12-13-02, 07:20 PM
cyberseano
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just put some Stock replacement EBC Slotted/Dimpled Rotors along with some EBC Green Stuff pads on my Lex about 3 weeks ago.

Total cost for Front and Rear Rotors and Pads: $600.00

I installed them myself.

Impressions:
The difference from stock is HUGE!! Feels like if I stomped on the brakes hard enough that anyone not wearing their seatbelts would be thrown
right through the front windshield.

The brake fade is completely gone from the few days of driving the car hard with all stock equipment on.

The brake dust is a little less than stock but then again, I'm very hard on my brakes. I think I was a race car driver in a prior life

I usually quickly wipe down my rims every morning before I get in the car, so I haven't had much of a dust problem per say.

Overall, I couldn't be happier.

Last edited by cyberseano; 10-16-03 at 11:14 AM.
Old 12-13-02, 08:39 PM
BLW
Driver

I wouldn't recommend you looking elswhere for pads from my review. I probably posted too soon since my pads have just gone through the bedding in process (200 miles for bedding) and I have 300 miles on them. I have noticed a performance increase, but I have also noticed a slight dust increase. I used to go 2 weeks before I would see any dust on my rear wheels and after the 1st week i saw as much as I used to see on my fronts in a week. That was a surprise, but maybe that is from the bedding in process. Now I am not talking a huge amount of dusting, but about 10-15% more than I had. I just would not go into buying these pads with the expectation that they are dust free and will be less dusty than the factory pads. Buy them for stopping power over factory. I could see them having greater performance with big calipers and slotted rotors. I am curious as to how they wear and treat my rotors.

I will update again as I have more braking time with them.
Old 03-29-03, 10:48 AM
Sovero1
Pole Position

Default EBC green stuff for REAR wheels?

Is there such a thing? I called Tire Rack today, and they said EBC doesn't produce rear brake pads. If not, what brand do you guys use for rear pads?

Thanks,

Ed
Old 03-29-03, 11:51 AM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

EBC DOES make rear pads. I got mine from Tirerack so what's up with that ?

Maybe stock pads could dust less, but compared to Supra pads and other aftermarket, the EBC's have very little dust. Now compared to stock Mercedes and Jaguar pads, the EBC's have I'd say 95% less dust. My friend with a E class changed over after 500 miles on his new Merc and he is extremely happy with the results.
Old 03-29-03, 06:46 PM
Sovero1
Pole Position

It did seem weird to me when the guy said they don't make rear pads. Thanks for the clarification.
Old 04-01-03, 10:22 AM
theanimala
Lead Lap

Go through their website, you can order the front and rear right there.

I have EBC greenstuff pads with TRD rotors on my car for around 2 months now. The EBC does not have the feel and the bite of the TRD pads that I previously had, but they are very good and do make much less dust. They do seem to be a bit louder though.

I also put the EBC greenstuff pads and rotors on my wife's '98 Audi A6. They feel much better then the stock audi pads, but still not as much feel and bite as the Lexus. One thing though is the noise. On her car, the pads and rotors are just REALLY loud when moderately braking. High and low braking are the same sounds as mine, which is to say loud but not obnoxious. Just something else to think about when considering the EBC's.