Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

So I slammed my car over the weekend, questions now.. (Pics)

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-12, 04:37 PM
Silver10
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^^^^^^^^^^
He's from the "OTHER" texas....... haha
Old 12-17-12, 05:35 PM
whitebeast
Pole Position

Received 69 Likes on 64 Posts

What made you decide to get aftermarket liner? After reviewing the ebay item this wouldn't really scream out to me 'for low clearance cars'.

Thanks [/QUOTE]

cause original fender was mess up and hard to do heat treatment (not mention about that some area going back to original shape). I tested with after market liner, it's all good and give me a lot of clearance.
Old 12-17-12, 10:10 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Yea the aftermarket front fender liners do give you more clearance. I bought them for my ISF and the rubbing I used to have in the front was gone. OEM liners are thicker and have insulation behind them that ends up giving less clearance.
Old 12-18-12, 07:15 AM
Deegee
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by o7iS250
definitely do the heat gun for sure, and I hope you've BEEN riding around on these coils for at least 1,000 miles before you "slammed" em... not good for the coils to be dumped right away without being broken in just for future reference.. few more inches and you'll be in the slammed category! lol looks good though man
Thanks for the compliment, I was thinking about going lower but I was a bit nervous after the results I received putting them on out of the box like this. My brother ordered these with custom spring rates and when we slapped them on they were dumped (side shot tuckin in the driveway) its since been raised a few clicks in the rear and front because I was rubbing like a mad man going STRAIGHT lol

Originally Posted by VIS250P
Which TX u from? IF u in SA, I would help u
I'm in San Antonio, I appreciate the offer but I think my brother and I got it fixed last night with a little help from a heat gun and driving in circles in a parking lot for a bit. After rubbing the same spot after a while it seemed to work itself out.

Originally Posted by CalitriSC
Yea the aftermarket front fender liners do give you more clearance. I bought them for my ISF and the rubbing I used to have in the front was gone. OEM liners are thicker and have insulation behind them that ends up giving less clearance.
Interesting!! I'll take this into consideration since I may need to get some replacements in the near future, thanks again!

Heres a pic of my car completely dumped from the rear and a pic of my brothers stupid low 350z on Stance Coils, you've probably seen this car if you live in San Antonio.

Old 12-18-12, 08:37 AM
agarciagmu
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know the unpopular solution is to go up a little. It'll solve alot of your problems including future problems of scraping your front lip getting in and out of shopping centers n such.
Old 12-18-12, 09:29 AM
600rr05
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

trim away the part that is rubbing.
Old 12-18-12, 07:11 PM
VIS250P
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Deegee
OH hahah I met him before.. Hey Im selling my rims and it gonna look GOOODD on ur ride
Old 12-20-12, 02:01 PM
Deegee
Lexus Test Driver

So for everybody rolling low, How necessary is a camber kit? I've also seen Megan Toe kits, should I get one over the other? Or both at the same time? Alot of CL use the Megan EZ equipment for the rear, how about the front? Is it necessary for the front?

Also regarding spacers, how big of a spacer should I get to make my stock rear wheels sit flush with my fenders? Is this even a good idea? I don't rub at all in the rear so If modifying it with spacers would cause me to rub I'd rather just keep that dumped look for the rear.

I also noticed if I go any lower I might hit the bolt that connects the front bumper to the fenders, would i need to eliminate this and get a quick bumper release setup? If so, how easy are these to install?

Thanks.

Last edited by Deegee; 12-20-12 at 02:05 PM.
Old 12-20-12, 04:15 PM
Laid_Out
Driver

just let it rub away all the portions that rub.... it'll eventually stop rubbing lol. That's what a lot of G35 guys do.
Old 12-21-12, 07:07 AM
Deegee
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Laid_Out
just let it rub away all the portions that rub.... it'll eventually stop rubbing lol. That's what a lot of G35 guys do.
I've been hearing this alot, I guess I'm going to have to deal with it until it goes away. Its just a bit annoying hearing it while rolling into a shopping center or cruising slowly through my work haha.

I've considered cutting up the liner like somebody mentioned. I'm getting an alignment today, hopefully that'll fix some of it.
Old 12-21-12, 08:10 AM
jsmacks
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Deegee
Also regarding spacers, how big of a spacer should I get to make my stock rear wheels sit flush with my fenders?
20mm rear / 15mm front

Although.. depending on how low you are, you may rub a little with the 15mm front.
Old 12-21-12, 08:19 AM
dengman
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Laid_Out
Just hope theres no wiring harness to rub like the LS400.
Old 12-21-12, 09:03 AM
Deegee
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by jsmacks
20mm rear / 15mm front

Although.. depending on how low you are, you may rub a little with the 15mm front.
Thanks I wasn't too sure which size most CL members run on stockies.

Originally Posted by dengman
Just hope theres no wiring harness to rub like the LS400.
Luckily no wiring harnesses in there, just saggy liner
Old 12-26-12, 08:44 AM
Deegee
Lexus Test Driver

All, I attempted to get an alignment and they mentioned that i need to get a camber kit for the rear since the OEM setup does not allow a correct alignment for the rear. I found these on ebay and wasn't sure if I needed both or just one or the other. Please fill me in.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MEGAN-4pc-Re...a99f19&vxp=mtr

In addition, I've started to notice my FRONT driver side tire being eaten up by something, I'm guess its the metal tabs that hold the bumper and fender together

Is this something I'm going to need to adjust asap so my tires don't get messed up? The passenger side looks fine but I assume it's because nobody is every in the passenger seat. I've searched numerous threads and found a bit of information regarding relocation/shaving/deleting and replacing the bumper tabs with a quick release. I'm not really even that low and I'm running stock rims with stock tires, how could this be so difficult? On an even crappier note, I still am rubbing like a mad man and I'm almost tempted to just remove the liner all together but now I'm having to deal with this issue.

I appreciate any advice and help I receive.

Last edited by Deegee; 12-26-12 at 02:19 PM.
Old 01-08-13, 11:17 PM
TooCool4u
Driver

I got my fender rolled and that helped a lot for my rubbing