Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Intermittent creaking noise under front end 2001 IS

Old 11-09-12, 03:34 PM
Michele01
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intermittent creaking noise under front end 2001 IS

Car has 175k miles replaced lower control arms in front about year ago. Creaking noise began shortly after that. One month earlier had to replace radiator. Creaking noise appears louder in weather under 65 degrees. Intermittent noise. Happens when driving under 45 miles per hour. Creaking when accelerate, over uneven road and just cruising down hill. Had a tire rotation done and problem got worse. Went to three different auto repair shops was told it was the front strut mounts. Had those replaced and noise may have gotten louder. Had sway bar tightened, no difference in noise. Rack and Pinion bushing worn and falling off. Will have those bushings replaced next week. Every shop says the car is fine but I am worried since sometimes it can be very loud. I hear the noise better inside the car than when outside. It seems like the creaking happens when the car is leaning and noise comes from directly under front floor panel. Any suggestions on what it may be?
Old 10-18-17, 02:04 PM
mclean987
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Michele01
Car has 175k miles replaced lower control arms in front about year ago. Creaking noise began shortly after that. One month earlier had to replace radiator. Creaking noise appears louder in weather under 65 degrees. Intermittent noise. Happens when driving under 45 miles per hour. Creaking when accelerate, over uneven road and just cruising down hill. Had a tire rotation done and problem got worse. Went to three different auto repair shops was told it was the front strut mounts. Had those replaced and noise may have gotten louder. Had sway bar tightened, no difference in noise. Rack and Pinion bushing worn and falling off. Will have those bushings replaced next week. Every shop says the car is fine but I am worried since sometimes it can be very loud. I hear the noise better inside the car than when outside. It seems like the creaking happens when the car is leaning and noise comes from directly under front floor panel. Any suggestions on what it may be?
did you ever figure out what this was ? i have the same issue now