Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Figs Engineering Review on suspension parts for GS430

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-12, 12:38 AM
SorrGwa
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Figs Engineering Review on suspension parts for GS430

Ive had them installed for a couple months now, so i think ive worn them in enough to give a review.

parts ordered from FIGs:
- front outer tie rod ends
- front sway bar links
- rear sway bar links
- rear toe link

(picture taken on the trunk of a rusted out 240sx which is a donor car for its engine)
also installing new front lower ball joints.

existing aftermarket suspension parts:
- rear spc camber kit
- front exact motorsport RCA's
- LS400 front calipers
- front daizen sway bar
- rear daizen sway bar
- tein ss coilovers

review:
Rear sway bar end link:
- physically shorter than stock. however, set at decent length, they have no problems clearing

Rear toe link:
- fairly straight forward, allows for more range of adjustment, and being solid spherical, less deflection due to regular ball joints.

Front sway bar end link:
- only noted item was the bolt that attachs to the lower arm is too long, there arent enough threads on the bolt so when tightening, there is about a 1mm gap from the nut to the arm, fixed easily with an extra washer.
- no picture

Front tie rod end:
- comes with ring spacers so you can adjust the tie rod vertical location relative to the lower ball joint. point is to have the tie rod as horizontal as possible. however, my problem came up with use with my front RCA's, which do the same purpose as the spacers on the tie rod end, instead of adjusting the tie rod, it lowers the ball joint vertically. anyhow, because the front RCA's in combination of the tie rod, cant run a wheel smaller than 19" at the moment. with or without the spacer, the long bolt's length doesnt change. so though i hate doing this, im going back to stock for now, then (sorry figs) chopping off some of the bolt to make it shorter to about the same overall height as the oem tie rod ball joint. also noted was the angle of the taper on the bolt, it doesnt quite match that of the oem lower ball joint, and the threading on the bolt isnt long enough so the castle nut bottoms out before it actually can clamp down on the ball joint. can be fixed with a washer or just a bit of re threading.

overall review: the product is sound. engineering is solid, just needs some fine tuning but that is to be expected. thanx figs for the quality product.

- no picture
Old 07-19-12, 05:33 AM
neegroy
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Nice write up man!
yeah i just purchased a set similar to yours but minus the front outter tie rods
havent gotten around to installing it yet but i should have some free time next week to do so!
Old 07-19-12, 04:09 PM
newgsman
Instructor

Received 82 Likes on 56 Posts

How is the ride? Do you notice any difference in harshness. What about vibrations coming through the spherical joints?