Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Suspension Upgrade: Best comfort with performance

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-12, 01:03 PM
teezlr
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension Upgrade: Best comfort with performance

Goal: Replace blown shocks and bushings, lower ride height, increase firmness, decrease body roll, Keep as close to stock comfort as possible.

I only want a 1-1.5" drop, I plan on runnning Supra TT wheels.

So I've been looking at everything from Tein Comfort Sport coilovers to Stock Supra TT springs with a nice adjustable shock like the Tokico Illuminas or Koni Yellow.

If you have first hand experience please give me your experience.

I already ordered stock TT sway bars with mounts, now I plan on ordering new bushings for UCA and LCA, Steering bushings.

I'm leaning toward the stock springs from the supra since the spring rates are a little higher and the springs are 1" drop with linear rate.

I just don't want the Koni Yellow or Tokico Illumina to be too harsh of a ride...
Old 06-13-12, 03:41 PM
OneJay
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I would probably go with OEM Supra springs with some Bilsteins or Konis. I have the Illuminas paired with Supra Eibachs and the ride is a bit harsh, but adjusting them to a softer setting does help with the ride, obviously at the expense of handling.
Old 06-13-12, 08:55 PM
teezlr
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OneJay
I would probably go with OEM Supra springs with some Bilsteins or Konis. I have the Illuminas paired with Supra Eibachs and the ride is a bit harsh, but adjusting them to a softer setting does help with the ride, obviously at the expense of handling.
Thats what I was assuming too. Now I'm looking for the best shock that has some adjustablilty but isn't stiff. I'm thinking the Koni Yellows will be too stiff. The Tokico Illuminas sound about right.

I'm looking for a one stop place to purchase all of the suspension bushings, Upper Control Arm, LCA, Steering bushings, sway bar bushings etc.

Do you know of a place that sells them all on one site? I prefer to order from one place and get one package...