ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   Suspension and Brakes (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/suspension-and-brakes-198/)
-   -   F-Sport front sway bar, worth installing over stock , IS350? (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/suspension-and-brakes/635392-f-sport-front-sway-bar-worth-installing-over-stock-is350.html)

Caliman 05-17-12 01:10 AM

F-Sport front sway bar, worth installing over stock , IS350?

I can pickup a F-Sport front sway bar for $200,
Is it worth installing over stock?
hurts ride quality at all? I DO NOT want worse ride, smooth and comfortable please...
Any advice?

Kurtz 05-17-12 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by Caliman (Post 7238187)
I can pickup a F-Sport front sway bar for $200,
Is it worth installing over stock?
hurts ride quality at all? I DO NOT want worse ride, smooth and comfortable please...
Any advice?

Do you already have the rear bar?

I wouldn't do front only, but I'd certainly recommend both.

Handling will improve significantly. Ride quality won't change at all other than over very rough/uneven surfaces, where it will be marginally reduced.

eviljarv 05-18-12 04:20 PM

Depends on how aggressive you drive and if you have the rear bar done, definitely recommend doing rear first

Heckler 05-18-12 07:58 PM

If ride quality is a top priority I would suggest leaving it stock.

Kurtz 05-19-12 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by Heckler (Post 7242159)
If ride quality is a top priority I would suggest leaving it stock.

I wouldn't.

It greatly improves the ride around any sort of turn, while not changing the ride for the worse at all other than on really rough and uneven roads.

So unless you take the thing off-roading or driving in 3rd world countries a lot it's an overall significant improvement to the ride and handling of the vehicle.

eviljarv 05-19-12 02:39 PM

If you only do the front though I doubt you will notice anything, rear is the one that makes the most difference in handling

Kitty2IS 05-19-12 05:18 PM

front is significant improvement by it self alone, just not as big as rear. i'd recommend getting both for sure :)

eviljarv 05-19-12 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Kitty2IS (Post 7243490)
front is significant improvement by it self alone, just not as big as rear. i'd recommend getting both for sure :)

in a 250 is a huge improvement but as far as I know in a 350 barely makes any difference

Kurtz 05-19-12 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by eviljarv (Post 7243608)
in a 250 is a huge improvement but as far as I know in a 350 barely makes any difference

Everyone I've ever seen who did just the rear, then later added the front, including 350 owners, said the front made a significant improvement... just that the rear made an even larger one. Hence why I suggest folks get both if possible.

eviljarv 05-19-12 07:53 PM

I might have to try the front bar then, I just did the rear since most of the posts here said that the front bar on a 350 didn't make that much difference

Kurtz 05-19-12 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by eviljarv (Post 7243768)
I might have to try the front bar then, I just did the rear since most of the posts here said that the front bar on a 350 didn't make that much difference

Most of that opinion seems to be based on the inexplicable "% stiffer" numbers Lexus posted to their website.

The first problem with em is they have changed them at least once (transposing some between 250 and 350) so you can't trust em... but even worse, you really can't trust them because the stock 250 and 350 bars are the same bars. And the F-sport 250 and 350 bars are the same bars.

So it's impossible for them to be "stiffer" for one model than the other- they're the same parts.

That's why I suggest folks read up on the reviews where someone did just the rear then later added the front, and as I say they've all agreed the front was worth doing too.

eviljarv 05-19-12 08:19 PM

I never understood the numbers Lexus posted about the bars, seemed like it changed a few times. If I keep the car I might have to try the front bar

Megaman096 05-20-12 10:38 AM

Trust me! I have front and rear on my 06 IS350. I put the rear on drove for a day then installed the front, big improvement as well! It completed the overall feel of the car and more direct steering.

FMJ IS 05-22-12 12:32 PM

Dxxx, this thread spark my interested on a set of F-sport sway bars, where is the best place to buy them? price wise?

kinglexus99 05-22-12 01:06 PM

^ Sewell has them for ~$155 each after CL discount.

I'm considering them now too my is350 is bone stock suspension wise.