Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Tanabe SpringsTien springs

Old 05-01-12, 11:23 AM
JohnEd
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tanabe SpringsTien springs

Are these "good" springs? Do they ride a lot stiffer than the stock springs? Is there anything "wrong" with them? How about the Tien's in comparison?

I want close to a stock spring rate and ride height.

Is there another aftermarket spring that I should consider?

Thank you,

John
Old 05-01-12, 11:41 AM
LEXXIUM
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

I just got done installing tein s techs, they are a little firmer than stock, but with less body roll , better handling and its quieter than any coilover system in a whole wide world, not to mention how cheap they are and made in the home of the rising sun.
Put it this way I replaced my Coilovers with teins and bilsteins and not going back, that's how much I love my semi aggressive street setup.
Here is the shot of the front for now

Last edited by LEXXIUM; 05-01-12 at 11:47 AM.
Old 05-01-12, 11:55 AM
Dougspeed
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JohnEd
Are these "good" springs? Do they ride a lot stiffer than the stock springs? Is there anything "wrong" with them? How about the Tien's in comparison?

I want close to a stock spring rate and ride height.

Is there another aftermarket spring that I should consider?

Thank you,

John
If you want just a spring set that is close to stock rate and the stock height, the Tanabe NF210s will be your best bet. Aside from the Megan EZ streets, all the coilovers will be significantly stiffer than stock which may not be for you if you want to keep the ride dampening close to stock.
Old 05-01-12, 02:51 PM
Mike552
Advanced

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

How about Supra TT springs?
Old 05-05-12, 10:50 AM
JohnEd
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Dougspeed
If you want just a spring set that is close to stock rate and the stock height, the Tanabe NF210s will be your best bet. Aside from the Megan EZ streets, all the coilovers will be significantly stiffer than stock which may not be for you if you want to keep the ride dampening close to stock.
Those are what I went with.

Thanks,
Doug
Old 05-05-12, 10:51 AM
JohnEd
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Mike552
How about Supra TT springs?
The first springs I tried were Supra's. They were sacked and the ride was harsh.

Thanks.,

John
Old 05-09-12, 10:41 PM
sj408
Instructor

Originally Posted by LEXXIUM
I just got done installing tein s techs, they are a little firmer than stock, but with less body roll , better handling and its quieter than any coilover system in a whole wide world, not to mention how cheap they are and made in the home of the rising sun.
Put it this way I replaced my Coilovers with teins and bilsteins and not going back, that's how much I love my semi aggressive street setup.
+1 i rode in a buddies car with s techs and was impressed cause he still got it sideways but during normal driving it felt really good.

are those saleen wheels?? never thought they would look good

Last edited by sj408; 05-09-12 at 10:46 PM.
Old 05-09-12, 10:49 PM
sj408
Instructor

+1 i rode in a buddies car with s techs and was impressed cause he still got it sideways but during normal driving it felt really good.

Old 05-11-12, 07:36 PM
Tommy2JZ
Pole Position

i want a super stiff set up, and i want to drop it quite a bit and i want to put 19's on my sc. im going for that "stance" look, what would be the best set up?
Old 05-17-12, 02:31 PM
GamblerZ
Driver

So, were these specifically for the SC300/400, or were these for the Supra and you just got yourself shocks for a Supra as well?
Old 05-21-12, 10:13 AM
LEXXIUM
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sj408

Thanks man yes those are saleens. I love the way it rides and handles, and the car feels very tight now!
Old 05-21-12, 10:56 AM
LEXXIUM
Pole Position

Oh I forgot another great thing about the bilsteins is: you can have a machine shop cut more grooves for the c clip on the bilstein shock body to lower or raise the hight of the car by adjusting the c clip up or down without sacrificing the ride quality
I recommend bilstein and teins to anyone who wants a firmer and lower than stock, without spending 900+ for coils that are too soft, too firm or where you scrape and bounce all the time.
I still ride a Lexus with a more aggressive stance and a better handling that's all folks