Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

IS250 - best brake upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-15, 07:03 PM
boss22
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lets refresh this thread.

Does anyone here used Stop Tech pads?

I am about to change my rear brakes and I am considering to put Stop Tech pads over the OEM pads.

Your feedback will be greatly appreciate. Thank you!
Old 08-13-15, 04:43 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,362 Likes on 621 Posts

Hi All, we recently released two 6 piston 14" brake upgrades for the front of the 2IS, and we also have a 4 piston 13.6" upgrade for the rears.

Our Stage I front upgrade starts at about $960, which I think certainly fits the bill of a proper brake upgrade at a budget price. Pic below is our Stage II kit ($1160) mounted on a GS350 Fsport. We can also do custom colors, as we did for this customer.

thanks!

Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Old 04-24-16, 09:30 AM
obe1
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Has anyone here used RR Racing BBK on their IS? I was considering changing to them after my F Sport Wheel install to make the balance look better with the New Larger Wheels. Lite Spirited daily driving, no Track Use will be how I use them.
Old 05-06-16, 01:22 PM
funny
Driver School Candidate

IMHO,
The best brake update is the combo: calipers from Lexus GS + brake rotors R1 Concept. Pads by your own.
Old 05-13-16, 05:49 PM
sgvlex
Rookie

Aside from calipers pads and rotors, what else would I need to properly install ISF bakes on a 2015 is350
Old 05-22-16, 09:03 PM
obe1
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by RRRacing
Hi All, we recently released two 6 piston 14" brake upgrades for the front of the 2IS, and we also have a 4 piston 13.6" upgrade for the rears.

Our Stage I front upgrade starts at about $960, which I think certainly fits the bill of a proper brake upgrade at a budget price. Pic below is our Stage II kit ($1160) mounted on a GS350 Fsport. We can also do custom colors, as we did for this customer.

thanks!

I wanted to follow up on the post. I went ahead and purchased a Front and Rear BBK from RR Racing. Simon has been one of my contacts. I ordered the kits, a little surprized about the shipping costs, until I picked up the boxes. Yeah they are heavy!

I opened the boxes and looked over the products. I pulled out the instructions to read and looked at my new BBK up close. I was impressed with the look and details of the parts. Saturday I started on my car, I test fitted the brackets, and rotors and check the clearances. The F Sport wheels cleared with no issues. I removed the Caliper and loaded it with pads, coated the caliper mounting bolts with Loctite, and installed the loaded calipers. Did the recommended torque 50 and 55 lbs. I forgot to mention, I did not see instructions on the directions of the rotors. I went ahead and send Simon an Email and kept looking for the way to install the rotors. I decided to match the photo of what I saw here, and I hear my phone ring. its Simon, and we talk about the fact these rotors are non directional. I chose to install the slot where it contacts the pad first near the center in the direction of rotation.

I went ahead and installed the brake fitting and brake line. Bleed the caliper. Then I switched sides to the right. I went ahead and finished that side. We bleed that side and I installed the tires. When I removed one rear to fit the bracket and rotor, I noticed the caliper mount was incorrect. I put my car back together and left Simon a message Hey my rear brackets are incorrect. Moments later Simon calls and we talk about the possible mix up. He said he would ship out the correct brackets Monday.

I was totally shocked I heard from Simon that late and he called earlier. He exceeded my expectations. I drove the car, and broke in the the new pads as recommended. Wow, they are quite, and stopping is wonderful. How much Brake do you want, easy to regulate. Great pedal feel and response. Could not be happier.

I can hardly wait unto the rear brackets come in and I get the rear done. Affordable, high quality and good product support. What more could you ask for.
Attached Thumbnails IS250 - best brake upgrade?-img_9989.jpg   IS250 - best brake upgrade?-img_9992.jpg   IS250 - best brake upgrade?-img_9993.jpg  
Old 06-01-16, 11:35 AM
obe1
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by obe1
I wanted to follow up on the post. I went ahead and purchased a Front and Rear BBK from RR Racing. Simon has been one of my contacts. I ordered the kits, a little surprized about the shipping costs, until I picked up the boxes. Yeah they are heavy!

I opened the boxes and looked over the products. I pulled out the instructions to read and looked at my new BBK up close. I was impressed with the look and details of the parts. Saturday I started on my car, I test fitted the brackets, and rotors and check the clearances. The F Sport wheels cleared with no issues. I removed the Caliper and loaded it with pads, coated the caliper mounting bolts with Loctite, and installed the loaded calipers. Did the recommended torque 50 and 55 lbs. I forgot to mention, I did not see instructions on the directions of the rotors. I went ahead and send Simon an Email and kept looking for the way to install the rotors. I decided to match the photo of what I saw here, and I hear my phone ring. its Simon, and we talk about the fact these rotors are non directional. I chose to install the slot where it contacts the pad first near the center in the direction of rotation.

I went ahead and installed the brake fitting and brake line. Bleed the caliper. Then I switched sides to the right. I went ahead and finished that side. We bleed that side and I installed the tires. When I removed one rear to fit the bracket and rotor, I noticed the caliper mount was incorrect. I put my car back together and left Simon a message Hey my rear brackets are incorrect. Moments later Simon calls and we talk about the possible mix up. He said he would ship out the correct brackets Monday.

I was totally shocked I heard from Simon that late and he called earlier. He exceeded my expectations. I drove the car, and broke in the the new pads as recommended. Wow, they are quite, and stopping is wonderful. How much Brake do you want, easy to regulate. Great pedal feel and response. Could not be happier.

I can hardly wait unto the rear brackets come in and I get the rear done. Affordable, high quality and good product support. What more could you ask for.
The new brackets came in. Come to find out there is a mixup between 2nd and 3gen cars. The kits are the same, except rear brackets. A fat finger and selected the wrong rear kit and ordered one for 14 not a 13 like mine. Simon identified the issue and sent me the correct brackets.

I installed them just a over the holiday weekend. Again, easy change. You will have to bend the backing plates back some to clear the new larger rotors, a very easy task. Everything also bolts right up. I did the blue loctite, torques exactly as instructions say. I could not be happier.

There is earlier write ups about slot, drilled drilled and slots. Look at what your doing and decide what is the mission! 1400 plus 975. Is a hell of a lot less money that Brembo BBKs period. I am not saying these are better, or not as good. What I am saying if you track a little, and drive a lot this is a cost effective solution. You know, 200 for a pair of replacement rotors from Rr Racing is a hell of a lot less than a replacement rotor of brand X. Do the research yourself. Pads, again 1/4 the price for street pads. Not track race pads will cost more.

Far as cost, performance, replacement cost, service after the sale, I do not see a comparable option.
They fit my mission of better feeling brakes, look kewl, better performance than stock, affordable.
With product support.

If I was racing this car on the track every weekend, then I might make a deferent choice. That not my mission at this time.
Attached Thumbnails IS250 - best brake upgrade?-image.jpeg  
Old 06-01-16, 02:21 PM
Gville350

Received 430 Likes on 384 Posts

^Nice choice and great customer service from RR Racing as always!
Old 06-01-16, 11:56 PM
sw2oboi
Lead Lap

Received 74 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by M32H32IS
Nice myth, but driling doesn't make them weaker. AMG, Ferrari, Lamborghini, and every high performance car has drilled rotors - not slotted.

Are ISF and Fsport the same? Just rebadged 6 piston Brembos?

I found stop tech drilled rotors and hawk pads - anyone ran this on stock is250?
it all depends if they were drilled after being forged or not. Most knowledgeable people stay away from drilled is because they are more prone to cracking. People get drilled rotors for the looks. On and off race track they provide more harm then good.
Old 06-02-16, 05:25 PM
obe1
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by obe1
The new brackets came in. Come to find out there is a mixup between 2nd and 3gen cars. The kits are the same, except rear brackets. A fat finger and selected the wrong rear kit and ordered one for 14 not a 13 like mine. Simon identified the issue and sent me the correct brackets.

I installed them just a over the holiday weekend. Again, easy change. You will have to bend the backing plates back some to clear the new larger rotors, a very easy task. Everything also bolts right up. I did the blue loctite, torques exactly as instructions say. I could not be happier.

There is earlier write ups about slot, drilled drilled and slots. Look at what your doing and decide what is the mission! 1400 plus 975. Is a hell of a lot less money that Brembo BBKs period. I am not saying these are better, or not as good. What I am saying if you track a little, and drive a lot this is a cost effective solution. You know, 200 for a pair of replacement rotors from Rr Racing is a hell of a lot less than a replacement rotor of brand X. Do the research yourself. Pads, again 1/4 the price for street pads. Not track race pads will cost more.

Far as cost, performance, replacement cost, service after the sale, I do not see a comparable option.
They fit my mission of better feeling brakes, look kewl, better performance than stock, affordable.
With product support.

If I was racing this car on the track every weekend, then I might make a deferent choice. That not my mission at this time.
Here you go an example of what I mentioned:

"Thread:Replacing upgraded F-Sport BBK Front Rotors
hey guys,

need to replace my front rotors, any advice on what to replace them with? the dealership quoted me $1,092 each and on mylexusparts came out to about $860 each." end quote

Just the 2 new rotors BBK F Sport alone cost more than RR Racing entire brake kit. Their replacement rotors are 200.00 a Pair. Instead of 860.00 on-line 1092.00 retail each.

Again, the mission.
Old 04-01-23, 03:08 AM
Issa250
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Kurtz
Depends... do you use the car on the track? If not you'd want blank rotors, not slotted... because on the street the only thing the slots will do is eat your pads about 25% faster.

if you track the car then yeah, slots are the way to go as their benefits in that environment are worth the shorter pad life... Stoptech and Brembo should both be names you won't go wrong with... I've had good luck with Powerslot rotors in the past as well (though on a different car so not sure if they have a 2IS application or not)

Careful on ebay rotors, check the seller feedback in detail- there's a lot of cheap knockoff rotors on there
Okay so i dont track my car but i do a lot of heavy braking and getting back up to speed, and im also thinking about taking it to the drag strip a couple times in the summer (07 lexus is250) and rotors and brake pad suggestions?
Old 04-01-23, 03:08 AM
Issa250
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Kurtz
Depends... do you use the car on the track? If not you'd want blank rotors, not slotted... because on the street the only thing the slots will do is eat your pads about 25% faster.

if you track the car then yeah, slots are the way to go as their benefits in that environment are worth the shorter pad life... Stoptech and Brembo should both be names you won't go wrong with... I've had good luck with Powerslot rotors in the past as well (though on a different car so not sure if they have a 2IS application or not)

Careful on ebay rotors, check the seller feedback in detail- there's a lot of cheap knockoff rotors on there
Okay so i dont track my car but i do a lot of heavy braking and getting back up to speed, and im also thinking about taking it to the drag strip a couple times in the summer (07 lexus is250) and rotors and brake pad suggestions?