Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

DIY: Remove stock abs/vsc master cylinder ---> Install power brake booster & master

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-12, 01:38 PM
PANAnVEGAS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 99 GS3
Yeah, the piston extension to reach the pedal is what he is showing in this pic.

Would you be interested in making and selling a piston extension??
Old 08-01-12, 06:03 PM
2eXceL
Driver

What are the benefits? Pros/Cons of going with this system.
Did you just want to defeat the ABS?
Can you provide a review with the new system.
Old 08-03-12, 10:06 AM
AMSMIKE
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2eXceL
What are the benefits? Pros/Cons of going with this system.
Did you just want to defeat the ABS?
Can you provide a review with the new system.
because race car
Old 08-03-12, 01:06 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

^ bwahahah mike
Old 08-03-12, 05:07 PM
AMSMIKE
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by sakataj
^ bwahahah mike
Old 08-09-12, 11:48 AM
Aadaamm
Pole Position

year 2000+ doesn't fit has to be 1999 or lower.
Old 08-10-12, 05:48 PM
AMSMIKE
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Aadaamm
year 2000+ doesn't fit has to be 1999 or lower.
Mine came off a 2000 Avalon. i removed it myself.
Old 08-28-12, 08:56 AM
Albos006
Driver School Candidate

Default "- remove buzzer next to ecu under dash "

I am having a problem with the buzzing I am receiving from my ABS VSC TRAC and BRAKE light that goes on. Dealers tell me its a $1200 fix. I dont mind driving without those keen options but I cannot seem to find the buzzer that you are talking about. I have gone in depth looking under the steering column but can't pinpoint where the buzzer noise is coming from... Any navigation tips on how to find it or possibly a picture of where the thing is? Any help is appreciated, thanks!
Old 08-28-12, 11:44 AM
AMSMIKE
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Albos006
I am having a problem with the buzzing I am receiving from my ABS VSC TRAC and BRAKE light that goes on. Dealers tell me its a $1200 fix. I dont mind driving without those keen options but I cannot seem to find the buzzer that you are talking about. I have gone in depth looking under the steering column but can't pinpoint where the buzzer noise is coming from... Any navigation tips on how to find it or possibly a picture of where the thing is? Any help is appreciated, thanks!
It's buzzing because you have a problem. Removing the buzzer is not a solution. Your brake fluid is either low or your brake master is bad. FIX the problem and the buzzer will stop.

If you ignore the issue and have brake failures, you put whoever is in that car and the people around the car in danger...if brakes fail and cause an accident.

You can find 2nd hand masters for a 1/3 the price you were quoted. I also suggest upgrading to a 2001 and newer master.
Old 08-31-12, 02:51 PM
z16
Driver School Candidate

Default 99 gs300 cinnabar red

AMSMIKE,LOVE THE RIGHT UP ABOUT THE BRAKE CONVERSION DO YOU THINK THIS WOULD BE A GOOD SET UP FOR A REGULAR DAILY DRIVER IN CASE MY ABS TAKES A SH-T ALSO I NOTICE THE RED CAR YOU DID HAS A DIFFERANT MASTER CYLINDER ON IT..
THANKS,JOHN

Last edited by z16; 08-31-12 at 03:35 PM.
Old 08-31-12, 08:51 PM
AMSMIKE
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by z16
AMSMIKE,LOVE THE RIGHT UP ABOUT THE BRAKE CONVERSION DO YOU THINK THIS WOULD BE A GOOD SET UP FOR A REGULAR DAILY DRIVER IN CASE MY ABS TAKES A SH-T ALSO I NOTICE THE RED CAR YOU DID HAS A DIFFERANT MASTER CYLINDER ON IT..
THANKS,JOHN
It's been fine for me as a daily driver. I had to do it, no other choice. I would still fix the ABS if it was a stock GS., so its all working. A stock car should have ABS functioning properly. Its a safety feature.

The red GS has a JDM Supra MKIV master bolted to the Avalon booster.
Old 09-01-12, 10:07 AM
z16
Driver School Candidate

Default 99 gs300 cinnabar red

Thanks amsmike for your reply...
Old 05-13-13, 01:43 PM
racersky
Pole Position

Originally Posted by AMSMIKE
another one done yesterday!

Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead AMSMIKE but in this picture isn't there a prop valve on the brake master? I know for the Brake Master that looks like that the prop valve is integrated into the brake master unit. So from the picture it looks as though now you have two prop valves (factory and wilwood).
Old 09-13-13, 01:52 PM
Dscustoms
Driver

The brake master in the red car may have a built in prop valve, but it will be calibrated to the car it came from, not the car it is going in. You'll still need to balance the braking to avoid the rears locking up first under hard braking. Then you spin. If your setup works fine, under hard braking the fronts still lock up just before the rears. If you stop hard and the rears lock up first, you put the proportioning valve in and reduce the pressure to the rears until that stops happening. If you make your front brakes better, they will take up more of the weight of the car, and the rears will overpower the reduced load and lock. If you improve your rear brakes, they will do this faster! The tires can only handle so much weight and braking before they lose traction.

BTW, I know this is an old thread but I wanted to update the info on the master cylinder since I just made this mistake. The 2000 m/y avalon uses a different brake master and the same power booster. I ordered all new parts, and when I got the 2000 avalon MC it is slanted heavily and very long. Won't work. Looking at a variety of pictures, the 98 avalon uses a straight design and is the one in Mikes pictures. Order the 98 avalon master / booster to be sure. Only costing me a few $$ in return shipping though, I'll live. Changed to 98 from 99, since 99 looks like the turnover year and the booster I received is wrong. All 98 parts look correct.

2000 avalon brake MC

1998 avalon brake MC cardone 13-2735

98 avalon booster, make sure all your parts look like these photos or you'll be sad. Cardone 53-2766

Last edited by Dscustoms; 09-13-13 at 07:23 PM.
Old 09-26-13, 11:08 PM
boombastic
Driver School Candidate

Hey was wondering where you T into your vacuum system for vacuum supply to the new booster unit? I wasn't sure if I should T into the PCV line cause then vacuum supply would be less sufficient to both locations. Any input would be great, thanks.

Quick Reply: DIY: Remove stock abs/vsc master cylinder ---> Install power brake booster & master