Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

megan lp's vs. ez's

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-12, 08:56 PM
Vishuz
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default megan lp's vs. ez's

Ok I just got springs n I just wanna go lower which Megan brand is better n that u wont feel every bump in the road? Or basically any coilovers that's under a g that u can go low without feeling every single little bump on the road?
Old 01-10-13, 04:42 PM
BayAreaLex
Instructor

Received 55 Likes on 44 Posts

I just spoke to the Megan tech line down in Industrial City (So Cal). Here is what I was told:

- For the 2GS, the springs are identical between the LP and the EZ. In some applications, the LP has stiffer spring rate, but that's NOT the case for the 2GS.

- The LP and EZ dampers have exactly the same range of damping adjustment. The difference is that the EZ takes 15 steps to get from one damping extreme to the other. The LP takes 32 steps. Personally, both are overkill. All I would ever want is to make maybe 5-6 steps of adjustment.

- The only real difference (that should matter to you if you you are looking for a set of coilovers for the street) is the top hat. Megan EZ uses a rubber top hat mount. The LP uses a pillow-ball type top hat. Although the pillow-ball type mount won't allow for any deflection like a rubber hat will, the lifetime of pillow ball bearing mounts is usually pretty short lived. Many people eventually report their pillow ***** starting to pop/clink when going over uneven surfaces (that's from play developing in the pillow ball bearing). Mine lasted 15K miles before the noises started.

If you are looking for a street coilover, go with the EZs. With a street car you won't notice the very slight performance increase with the pillow ball, and you will avoid having to replace the pillow ball mounts every couple of years, which just isn't worth it IMHO.

Last edited by BayAreaLex; 01-10-13 at 04:46 PM.