Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

GT Spec Front Strut Bar

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-12, 10:28 PM
DJVe
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GT Spec Front Strut Bar

So after about 7 months from putting the order in, I finally got my front strut bar. The rear is still in development...so it will be a while before I get it. This being said, the bar arrived with a long deep scratch right in the center, so in the coming days I will see how they handle this. I would like to add that in the 7 months I waited after my order, they never once gave me a clear date as to when they would be done and I would get the bar. It was always "next month, next month". I was patient as long as the final product was high quality, so needless to say I am very disappointed that they would even pack it in a box with such a deep scratch in it and send it to me. Will post updates as I get them. For such a reputable company, their customer service has been very lackluster, after I get my front fixed and my rear one comes in, I more than likely will never do business with them again, and that includes for my 350Z as well.
Old 02-03-12, 10:30 PM
DJVe
Driver

Basically my recommendation is buy the Cusco one.
Old 02-04-12, 07:01 AM
INTIMAZY
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DJVe
So after about 7 months from putting the order in, I finally got my front strut bar. The rear is still in development...so it will be a while before I get it. This being said, the bar arrived with a long deep scratch right in the center, so in the coming days I will see how they handle this. I would like to add that in the 7 months I waited after my order, they never once gave me a clear date as to when they would be done and I would get the bar. It was always "next month, next month". I was patient as long as the final product was high quality, so needless to say I am very disappointed that they would even pack it in a box with such a deep scratch in it and send it to me. Will post updates as I get them. For such a reputable company, their customer service has been very lackluster, after I get my front fixed and my rear one comes in, I more than likely will never do business with them again, and that includes for my 350Z as well.
Hope they resolve this. They have been known to have a good customer service and all the parts I ever got from them (also for a Z) were perfect.
Old 02-06-12, 10:06 PM
poser714
Pole Position

I received my strut bar and it fits perfect with no issues. Though yes it did take some time but I do not have any issues with the bar.
Old 02-07-12, 11:50 AM
scoobySC3
Driver

I am assuming you ordered them through GTspec directly. To get them to fix the issue, you will want to take detailed pictures of the bar itself showing the scratch, also take pictures of the box it arrived in and note any damage to the box. If the box was damaged in shipping, this would be a insurance issue through the shipping company itself, GTspec will have to submit a claim form to them and if they approve it, the shipping company will cover the new part for you, only downside is the claim can take 30-60 days to process and approve. If the box is in perfect condition and the bar was packaged properly, GTspec will have to fix the problem directly, and if they do feel it was their fault, they should get you taken care of quickly provided they have the bar in stock.

Just for future orders, I highly recommend browsing through their dealer list, contact each dealer with the part number, ask them if they physically have the product in stock and can put their hand on it, as the chance of one of the dealers having the product in stock will generally be greater than GTspec physically having it in stock. Also if you order through one of their dealers and you have a problem, the dealer will generally have more pull with GTspec and as long as their customer service is good, they should be able to correct the issue quicker than you could dealing with GTspec directly.

Good luck with this and hope they get you squared away in a timely manner

Thanks,
Rick