Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Roca-Usa Lower Control Arm Bushings

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-12, 01:39 PM
Tinker
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Unhappy with the ride!

I had the bushings for lower control arm 1 and 2 replaced with Roca. Also the lower ball joints and outer tie rods with Moog. Strut mounts Monroe. Allignment was done and caster could not be adjusted within limits (only cross caster is acceptable), but I am not very familiar with allignment. I had the bushings replaced, because there was movement in one. I wanted rubber bushings, so that the ride would not be affected.

However, the ride feels very harsh now. I feel all iregularities of the road. It was not nearly like that before. I hate it.
Old 01-18-13, 07:46 AM
B4TM4N
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tinker
I had the bushings for lower control arm 1 and 2 replaced with Roca. Also the lower ball joints and outer tie rods with Moog. Strut mounts Monroe. Allignment was done and caster could not be adjusted within limits (only cross caster is acceptable), but I am not very familiar with allignment. I had the bushings replaced, because there was movement in one. I wanted rubber bushings, so that the ride would not be affected.

However, the ride feels very harsh now. I feel all iregularities of the road. It was not nearly like that before. I hate it.
UGh! Thats not good news. Where in TX are you and which shop did the Roca installation? Did you replace only the Strut Mount or the full strut/shock absorber too? I would blame Monroe Struts/Shocks for the harsh ride...

Right now on my '99 GS300, I have Moog lower ball joints and outer tie rods and OEM '05 Caster arms. I have a lot of squeeking but don't feel irregularites of the road. At highway speeds though, the steering wheel feels like its not tracking straight, all though it is.

I'm going to replace my LCA#1 bushing with Roca and see if the squeeking goes away.
Old 01-23-13, 01:25 AM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

If the steering wheel is not tracking straight. Like you have a lot of play in the steering, it may be the steering rack bushings. The stock lexus ones feel like they are made out of gummy bears. It's like super soft rubber. Once they wear out, the steering wheel will be extremely loose feeling. The steering will wobble when you hit a bump. You can change them out to the daizen ones and the feel will be very solid.
Old 02-06-13, 04:57 PM
DavidCBY
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ROCA-98-05-G...sories&vxp=mtr

I didn't find the entire caster arm+bushing set but seeing that price i might end up getting the cheaper TRD bushings from the RHD website linked to earlier in this thread. should i just fit the bushings onto my OEM caster arms or get aftermarket arms? no effect on performance right? and i want to use MOOG arm #1 will they work with a different name brand caster arm(#2)?
Old 02-22-13, 09:20 AM
mball19
Rookie

Does anyone have any reviews of the Roca bushings after they were installed for a while.
Old 02-22-13, 11:11 AM
lyonkster
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by mball19
Does anyone have any reviews of the Roca bushings after they were installed for a while.
Mine are still perfect .
Old 02-22-13, 11:20 AM
repugnante
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

As are mine! No complaints whatsoever. Glad I made the switch from those poly bushings
Old 03-07-13, 08:13 AM
93lexES300
Driver

Well this sucks, I bought the ROCA bushings but my gs is a 99. From what I have read these won't fit I was planning to do the install of new front upper control arms, lower control arms, ball joints, lower caster arms, new struts and springs. Except now my Roca bushings will probably not be of use and will have to figure out a different way to go for the caster arm bushing replacement
Old 09-15-14, 02:57 AM
shurian
Pit Crew

I have 99 Gs myself and they do fit !!!

U have to buy 98-99 Roca Bushings and to make sure they are 60mm diameter and from 00-05 the caster arm got bigger to 65mm, that why u got a wrong year bushing and they bigger then your existing arm.
Where did u buy them?
I got mine from Ebay and its very well said in each description for which Gs models its compatible with.

Here is it for 98-99

http://m.ebay.com/itm/ROCA-98-99-GS3...-/161040943979

And 00-05

http://m.ebay.ca/itm?itemId=271257071890

Good luck

Last edited by shurian; 09-15-14 at 03:05 AM.
Old 09-25-14, 01:40 AM
angus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I have a set of 00-05 that don't fit my car as well, if anyone needs them, PM me.
Old 09-25-14, 01:49 AM
angus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by repugnante
They're not thicker. The 03-05 has the TRD bushings pressed however, it's not poly, its the same hard rubber that came with the car. 98-00 had the smaller arms, althought certain 2000 models that were built late had the larger arm. I think its the 00 model that was manufactured after June of 1999. I have a 2000 and the larger armwas already on the car. 00-02 had the larger arm but didn't have the TRD bushing pressed into them
Does someone know the part# for the caster arm with the TRD bushing in it?
Old 12-01-14, 10:52 AM
divinity
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by shurian
I have 99 Gs myself and they do fit !!!

U have to buy 98-99 Roca Bushings and to make sure they are 60mm diameter and from 00-05 the caster arm got bigger to 65mm, that why u got a wrong year bushing and they bigger then your existing arm.
Where did u buy them?
I got mine from Ebay and its very well said in each description for which Gs models its compatible with.

Here is it for 98-99

http://m.ebay.com/itm/ROCA-98-99-GS3...-/161040943979

And 00-05

http://m.ebay.ca/itm?itemId=271257071890

Good luck
Looks like the 98-99 parts are not available anymore. Also, not listed on Roca's website.

Any recommendation?
Old 12-01-14, 11:18 PM
angus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by divinity
Looks like the 98-99 parts are not available anymore. Also, not listed on Roca's website.

Any recommendation?
If you need a set, I bought 2 so I can sell one. I was worried they would discontinue them.
Old 12-18-14, 08:03 AM
divinity
Driver School Candidate

Roca is no longer selling them for 98-99 GS300. I can't find anyone that sells them, but I found a much cheaper replacement.

They are Febest TAB-177 for $26 ea.

You'll have to measure the diameter on your caster, Lexus has different caster arm size installed on the car, but the majority is 60mm.

This is the correct one that will fit the 60mm arm. I've contacted the seller and confirmed the diameter.
https://www.google.com/search?q=febe...ive&gws_rd=ssl
Old 12-24-14, 10:14 PM
angus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by divinity
Roca is no longer selling them for 98-99 GS300. I can't find anyone that sells them, but I found a much cheaper replacement.

They are Febest TAB-177 for $26 ea.

You'll have to measure the diameter on your caster, Lexus has different caster arm size installed on the car, but the majority is 60mm.

This is the correct one that will fit the 60mm arm. I've contacted the seller and confirmed the diameter.
https://www.google.com/search?q=febe...ive&gws_rd=ssl
Thanks of the update, although I'd like to see a set of those to compare quality and hardness of rubber etc.

ROCA is supposed to have more in 2-3 weeks.

Also, sorry divinity - almost forgot to send you your money!

Quick Reply: Roca-Usa Lower Control Arm Bushings