Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

F-Sport or H&R? Need opinions please

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-12, 10:49 PM
KeleIS250
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F-Sport or H&R? Need opinions please

Hello, Im thinking of purchasing some Lowering springs. I dont know which one to choose from. I know that a lot of people bash on the F-Sport, but the thing is I dont want to go to low because I live in washington I still need to get through the snow. I just want a decent drop that will hopefully remove some finger gap. And reading the H&R drop its around 1.3 or 1.4, is that much difference compared to the F-Sport? If anyone has some pictures that would be great.

Thanks!
Old 01-13-12, 05:18 AM
jbjones85
Lexus Test Driver

if your not looking to go very low then the f-sports would be a good choice. If i would of went with springs those are the ones I would of went with.
Old 01-13-12, 10:05 AM
my1s250
Lead Lap

get coil then this way you can go as low as you want and higher when its winter time
Old 01-13-12, 11:10 AM
IS350HKS
Lead Lap

I got H&R it drop is just right, never rub or anything on my 19"
Old 01-13-12, 11:23 AM
mong
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

since your 2is is a 2006 with mileages stacked I assume.. I would just go coils or f-sport shocks+springs route.

Edited: Didn't know you have AWD. FYI most 2is AWDs that lowered their car do experience noises of some sort after lowering. Just something you might want to think about.
Old 01-13-12, 11:52 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Dropped on H&R Highly recommended!

Old 01-14-12, 07:45 AM
dorkacho
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

^ Please correct me if I'm wrong , but I don't think you changed your shocks, right? Have you had to replace your oem shocks more often ever since you had your H&R? Thanks
Old 01-14-12, 09:39 AM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by dorkacho
^ Please correct me if I'm wrong , but I don't think you changed your shocks, right? Have you had to replace your oem shocks more often ever since you had your H&R? Thanks
Still on oem shocks I don't reccomend going with any aftermarket shocks as it will make the ride harsh ...

I've only been on H&R since last spring... But I know members who have been on H&R for years and haven't had any issue with their oem shocks.
Old 01-14-12, 09:42 AM
dorkacho
Lexus Champion

Great to know, thanks

On a side note, if you go with coils, you wouldn't even have to worry about shortened shock life, right? Since in this case you keep your oem springs ...?
Old 01-14-12, 10:25 AM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

^ if you go with coilovers, you wouldn't have to worry about using oem shocks or springs, since the entire coilover assembly replaces the oem shocks and springs.
Old 01-14-12, 10:34 AM
dorkacho
Lexus Champion

^ Thanks. Since shock is replaced along with spring by coilover, would the ride generally be harsher?
Old 01-14-12, 10:47 AM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by dorkacho
^ Thanks. Since shock is replaced along with spring by coilover, would the ride generally be harsher?
No... Because they are designed and made to be used together as a unit.

H&R designed their springs to be used with the OEM shocks - that's why if you put on an stiffer aftermarket shock, it will harsh.
Old 01-14-12, 10:57 AM
dorkacho
Lexus Champion

^ Awesome, Thanks
Old 01-15-12, 11:59 AM
Koolpep
Driver School Candidate

Hi!

Finally my H&R arrived. I will install tomorrow the H&R and the F-Sport Shocks. I will see how harsh it is and how the handling changes. If it is too much, I will switch back to the stock shocks. Am very curious... Another member here did some research and found that H&R springs are developed to harmonize with Bilstein shocks (F-Sports are Bilstein). H&R and Bilstein are both german companies and are located not even an hours drive from each other. This combination is highly regarded in terms of handling. Harshness, well I have to try it myself I guess, will report back tomorrow night.
Old 01-15-12, 12:18 PM
KeleIS250
Driver

Originally Posted by Koolpep
Hi!

Finally my H&R arrived. I will install tomorrow the H&R and the F-Sport Shocks. I will see how harsh it is and how the handling changes. If it is too much, I will switch back to the stock shocks. Am very curious... Another member here did some research and found that H&R springs are developed to harmonize with Bilstein shocks (F-Sports are Bilstein). H&R and Bilstein are both german companies and are located not even an hours drive from each other. This combination is highly regarded in terms of handling. Harshness, well I have to try it myself I guess, will report back tomorrow night.
Alright cool, post some pictures too. Thanks. =D

Quick Reply: F-Sport or H&R? Need opinions please