Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Megan EZ Street: Review from the owners.

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-11, 12:18 AM
Jzsicklexi
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^ you bought them used didn't you?
Old 12-12-11, 05:00 AM
HMFIC
Rookie

Originally Posted by Vroomin350
update:

For the money they do a good job however...
Been riding on the coils for a week now and the one thing that is bothering me is the spring rate.
I am rubbing alllllll over the place, to the point where I had to park the car and raise it because the front tires are being MAULED. The rears not so much, however I feel like if I go to +26 in the rear(which is why I got the coils) I will have the same problem I had with my springs. The lip will hit my rear fender with people sitting in the back. These things feel soft.

A friend of mine is going to help me relocate the front tabs and cut the fender liner. I am hoping that will help because right now the fronts are at the same height as when I had my road magnets and I still rub really bad, more then on springs. Could it be that maybe my fronts are blown ? is there anyway to tell?

Thanks guys
Looking at your pics at your wheels, my wheels dont sit as flush to the fenders as yours do. I put mine all the way to the max and then backed off about 5 clicks up front. Then the car started to rub on the fender liner * we replied to each other on the other thread* and i had to raise the car 1/4 all the way around.

I too, had the road magnets and didn't rub, and i believe your right. The spring rates might be a little too soft, esp the front. 12k min would've been ideal vs the 10k. I had the same road magnets and now i'm about the same height, possibly a little bit higher in the front, and the rears i'm def higher than the road magnets...but i dont know about you, but my car sat with the rear lower than the front when i had the road magnets and that drove me nuts. i can't stand an un even drop.

I now have about a finger gap all the way around and the wobbling went away *for the most part* but it's a night and day difference. not sure how low you are now. but just know that those springs are gonna sag some and then will rub a lot more. then you'll have to adjust the height again after a month like i did.

Originally Posted by rookieIS
did you set your spring rate to the max?
I had to do this as well for the front but i left my rears at 10 clicks out of 16...16 being max stiffness.
Old 12-12-11, 05:03 AM
HMFIC
Rookie

Originally Posted by 1sicklexus
^ you bought them used didn't you?
Just saw this then re read all posts.

I hope this isn't the case
Old 12-14-11, 06:23 PM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HMFIC
Looking at your pics at your wheels, my wheels dont sit as flush to the fenders as yours do. I put mine all the way to the max and then backed off about 5 clicks up front. Then the car started to rub on the fender liner * we replied to each other on the other thread* and i had to raise the car 1/4 all the way around.

I too, had the road magnets and didn't rub, and i believe your right. The spring rates might be a little too soft, esp the front. 12k min would've been ideal vs the 10k. I had the same road magnets and now i'm about the same height, possibly a little bit higher in the front, and the rears i'm def higher than the road magnets...but i dont know about you, but my car sat with the rear lower than the front when i had the road magnets and that drove me nuts. i can't stand an un even drop.

I now have about a finger gap all the way around and the wobbling went away *for the most part* but it's a night and day difference. not sure how low you are now. but just know that those springs are gonna sag some and then will rub a lot more. then you'll have to adjust the height again after a month like i did.

I had to do this as well for the front but i left my rears at 10 clicks out of 16...16 being max stiffness.

Your right, I am a little more aggresive but I plan to go even a LITTLE more. Another 5mm in the rear. I will be pulling my fenders and shaving the rear tabs next week.

Ok so figured it out, yes my coils had about 3K of usage on them but thats not the problem. See the only reason my tires were being mulled was because I didnt relocate the metal tab in the front. Yesterday me and (utoyz) JR went at it. Now I sit tucking tires both front and rear and the only occasional rubbing I hear is with the fender liner at full lock turns.

At the end of the day I am very happy with the coils, now that the tab is gone I can practically go down to the floor. But becareful when going up a ramp or so, make sure your wheels are straight or youll bend your fenders (bacon)
Old 12-15-11, 04:21 AM
HMFIC
Rookie

Originally Posted by Vroomin350
Your right, I am a little more aggresive but I plan to go even a LITTLE more. Another 5mm in the rear. I will be pulling my fenders and shaving the rear tabs next week.

Ok so figured it out, yes my coils had about 3K of usage on them but thats not the problem. See the only reason my tires were being mulled was because I didnt relocate the metal tab in the front. Yesterday me and (utoyz) JR went at it. Now I sit tucking tires both front and rear and the only occasional rubbing I hear is with the fender liner at full lock turns.

At the end of the day I am very happy with the coils, now that the tab is gone I can practically go down to the floor. But becareful when going up a ramp or so, make sure your wheels are straight or youll bend your fenders (bacon)
Yea i tried to avoid the whole tab cutting and what not, and that's really the only way to do it when lowering with flush wheels/tires ect.

My s2000's front fenders have been cut And pulled in the front... the rear? they cut the rear 1/4 panels 2 inches all the way around, rewelded, and had overhangs installed so it looks like the rears are wider now. just to be able to fit the wheels n tires i needed to run.

Glad you got it figured out!
Old 12-16-11, 03:30 AM
A_Grasso
Lexus Test Driver

I'm pretty happy with my megan's (lp). I believe the max drop is 4 inches? Although I only will go 2.5 max. I'm glad most people here are happy with the megans because a lot of people I know don't like them because they're cheaper compared to bc, tanabe, tein etc...
Old 12-28-11, 11:35 AM
B16A2NR
Rookie

bump for some more reviews. So far I'm on the fence with these. I want a "stock-like" ride quality with the ability to adjust ride height. Do these fit the bill?
Old 12-30-11, 08:22 AM
helex
Plasti Dip King

I am actually using these on both my vehicles and have had no problems at all.
Lexus is350... had these on Nov 2010. completely slammed (see sig) for 8 months then raised it. Have my fronts damper set to 7 and the rears 6. i love these things. Installed these at 9k miles and i just hit 17k

95 supra.... have the fronts set to 6 and rears 5. No problems and rides much better than my koni yellows. put on about 400 miles, dont drive this much.

Name:  78921f5a.jpg
Views: 3032
Size:  76.5 KB
Name:  5a894ec8.jpg
Views: 3077
Size:  92.8 KB

Here they are just after install, slammed...

Name:  66863_462998538301_547578301_5628310_5102962_n.jpg
Views: 3114
Size:  46.9 KB
Name:  72020_462998738301_547578301_5628313_4112895_n.jpg
Views: 3029
Size:  43.6 KB
Old 01-03-12, 06:51 AM
Jzsicklexi
Lead Lap

I installed mind this week and so far so good! Rides great, although I'm still on 17s. My 19s should be here in the next couple days so I will adjust the height and dampening more when they're on.
Old 01-13-12, 09:16 PM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

Glad it's goin good for you guys, I too have had no complaints since relocating the tabs

Edit:

After having these for a month or so I can say they are definitely worth the money.
If your lowered but not slammed they feel OEM
If your slammed even with 10/8 their stiff enough, though 12s probably better.

All in all good buy if you don't track your car.

Last edited by Vroomin350; 01-13-12 at 09:19 PM.
Old 01-13-12, 09:42 PM
Jzsicklexi
Lead Lap

Yeah not incredibly stiff but they ride great. Definitely happy with my purchase. Rears don't rub but my fronts rub like crazy. I'm thinking I'm going to have to relocate my tab.
Old 01-24-12, 06:01 PM
Jzsicklexi
Lead Lap

What do you guys have your dampening set at?
Old 01-24-12, 09:39 PM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

if your saying your front is rubbing badly set the dampening all the way to stiff.
I have the tabs relocated and still have them all the way stiff. the rears I am two clicks back of the stiffest setting.
Old 01-24-12, 09:48 PM
Jzsicklexi
Lead Lap

It's not rubbing too bad anymore, I molded my fender liners and it's better. I'm 14 front and 12 rear right now. Not too bad of a ride. A little stiff on side streets and stuff but I'm happy with it.
Old 01-24-12, 10:02 PM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

Nice, I wish I was able to move the front out of stiffest but I believe my ride height is not gonna allow that.

Quick Reply: Megan EZ Street: Review from the owners.