Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Fsport springs only vs Fsport springs + Fsport shocks

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-11, 12:13 PM
deltadelta
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fsport springs only vs Fsport springs + Fsport shocks

I have a 2007 IS350. I did a bunch of reading on the subject and havent really come across any comparison between the Fsport springs on stock shocks VS Fsport springs with the Fsport shocks.

I was only considering the springs and might go that route, but thought I should consider getting the Fsport shocks as well.

My goal is to improve the overall aesthetic of the car while maintaining a relatively comfortable ride as this is my daily driver. I only want to drop the car modestly (1 inch...maybe a tad more). I have ZERO desire to "SLAM THAT JAWN".

So, my questions:

1) How would the ride compare with Fsport springs on stock shocks to Fsport springs on Fsport shocks?

2) Assuming I have the Fsport springs, does the Fsport shocks lower the car any further?

3) I plan on keeping my stock 18's. Would you recommend spacers after the car is lowered?

Thanks for your help! Here is my car (had her for about 2 weeks):

Old 11-16-11, 08:23 AM
deltadelta
Driver School Candidate

bueller, bueller?
Old 11-16-11, 08:38 AM
greg0126
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm actually in the same boat you're in with the exact same questions, so I'm waiting for a response too lol.
Old 11-16-11, 08:32 PM
reset2k
Rookie

subscribed, I would also like to know pls
Old 11-17-11, 01:06 AM
Asakura58
Pole Position

i too would like to knw! subbed!
Old 11-17-11, 05:17 AM
10lexISR6
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

hey guys, i saw this thread and thought perfect timing. I just installed my f-sport shocks on eibach pro kits yesterday. i too debated on whether or not to get the shocks but looked around, started a thread too and was suggested to do say. Im unltimately looking for a great handling and ride. The ride on just springs were okay, I drove on just springs and oem shocks for about a year and almost 20,000 miles. I just barely drove my car last night after finishing the install up and down the preeway and around local streets. First impression, it feels really good! I think ill be happy with my setup. Im scheduled for an alignment today but the true test is my 80 mile round trip trek to work which is through a twisty canyon road. Ill keep you posted.

oh yeah i also put in my SPC ball joints yesterday as you can see in this pic.

Old 11-17-11, 08:52 AM
deltadelta
Driver School Candidate

awesome! I (i guess we'll) be waiting for your feedback! much appreciated!
Old 11-17-11, 02:09 PM
MikeZ103
Rookie

Originally Posted by 10lexISR6
hey guys, i saw this thread and thought perfect timing. I just installed my f-sport shocks on eibach pro kits yesterday. i too debated on whether or not to get the shocks but looked around, started a thread too and was suggested to do say. Im unltimately looking for a great handling and ride. The ride on just springs were okay, I drove on just springs and oem shocks for about a year and almost 20,000 miles. I just barely drove my car last night after finishing the install up and down the preeway and around local streets. First impression, it feels really good! I think ill be happy with my setup. Im scheduled for an alignment today but the true test is my 80 mile round trip trek to work which is through a twisty canyon road. Ill keep you posted.

oh yeah i also put in my SPC ball joints yesterday as you can see in this pic.

Is that a RWD or AWD?
Old 11-17-11, 04:13 PM
10lexISR6
Instructor

Originally Posted by MikeZ103
Is that a RWD or AWD?
its a rear wheel drive
Old 11-17-11, 05:04 PM
MikeZ103
Rookie

Originally Posted by 10lexISR6
its a rear wheel drive
Damn it! I figured as much. I love the stance of your car and was hoping it was AWD like mine. I might just have to get coils to get the drop I want.
Old 11-17-11, 05:35 PM
10lexISR6
Instructor

Originally Posted by MikeZ103
Damn it! I figured as much. I love the stance of your car and was hoping it was AWD like mine. I might just have to get coils to get the drop I want.
Thanks brother, I do too. kind of wish the rear was dropped a tad bit more. I think the suspension settled a little since yesterday plus i did some driving around today and got an alignment done. 2nd day review, still loving the ride! my springs on my oem struts rode a bit spongy, kind of felt like i lost the fcatory ride a bit but with these struts it feels as good if not better. IMO. Heres a couple shots as she sits now just after a wash today.

Last edited by 10lexISR6; 11-17-11 at 05:52 PM.
Old 11-17-11, 05:54 PM
10lexISR6
Instructor

Originally Posted by deltadelta
I have a 2007 IS350. I did a bunch of reading on the subject and havent really come across any comparison between the Fsport springs on stock shocks VS Fsport springs with the Fsport shocks.

I was only considering the springs and might go that route, but thought I should consider getting the Fsport shocks as well.

My goal is to improve the overall aesthetic of the car while maintaining a relatively comfortable ride as this is my daily driver. I only want to drop the car modestly (1 inch...maybe a tad more). I have ZERO desire to "SLAM THAT JAWN".

So, my questions:

1) How would the ride compare with Fsport springs on stock shocks to Fsport springs on Fsport shocks?

2) Assuming I have the Fsport springs, does the Fsport shocks lower the car any further?

3) I plan on keeping my stock 18's. Would you recommend spacers after the car is lowered?

Thanks for your help! Here is my car (had her for about 2 weeks):

is your car stock? It look like it has a small drop on it. maybe because its silver and the whole picture looks awesome. but it look really great!
Old 11-17-11, 06:15 PM
pasay
Driver School Candidate

I had the same dilemma since my 2007 IS250 RWD recently was diagnosed with leaky struts... that is after 90K miles and have been in 20" rims for 40Kmiles.
I use my car for Daily Driving.
Did also a lot of research... I was originally interested with the F-Sports Springs and Struts.
I saw some people suggesting coilovers like Megan, some BCR, Some Tein..
At the end I purchased the KW V3 Coilover since KW has a lifetime warranty and the best coilover in the market.
I got my KW V3 less than $2K so it was a good deal.

Now I have the ability to change the height compared if I went with F-Sports.
I can also adjust the stiffness of the ride.
Old 11-22-11, 02:35 PM
10lexISR6
Instructor

Alright guys, so after several days and about 400 miles on my new setup, I must say I'm very happy with it. My route consists of lots of ups and downs and winding turns. The car handles great, I use to feel a feeling of floating sensation when hitting the low spots on the roadway but now its real solid. The suspension travel feels really responsive and smooth. I really have to compare it to a stock ride. It doesn't feel like my old car lowered on lowering springs. You can just feel that. So my concensus is I like it! I don't know how else to describe but if anyone else has questions do ask.
Old 11-22-11, 04:58 PM
SB350
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I originally had only Fsport springs on stock shocks and was unhappy with the ride quality (and drop). I was planning on getting the Fsport shocks to improve the ride quality, but I wanted to be lower than the Fsport setup would allow. Instead, I got BC Coilovers, which is about the same price as the Fsport suspension. They ride much better than Fsport springs on stock shocks and I can set the ride height at whatever height I want.

Quick Reply: Fsport springs only vs Fsport springs + Fsport shocks