Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Buzzing sound when I step on brakes..

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-11, 06:10 PM
Tank
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 57 Posts
Default Buzzing sound when I step on brakes..

Hello all,
I get a buzzing sound when Im turning the wheel to the left while slowing down to stop, then I feel a clicking vibration comming from the brake pedal any Idea what could be malfunctioning? traction control? ABS?

Thanks in advance.

UPDATE TO THIS COMMON PROBLEM IN THIS THREAD: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...s-problem.html
THIS IS WHAT WORKED FOR ME. THERE ARE OTHER THREADS THAT TALK ABOUT SPEED SENSOR CABLE BEING STRETCHED DUE TO LOWER RIDE HEIGHT CAUSING MALFUNCTIONS AS WELL.

Last edited by Tank; 07-24-16 at 10:02 PM.
Old 11-03-11, 10:16 PM
gsCrazy
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds like either your abs sensor is bad or there's some crud in there... i'm experiencing the same issue right now but when i turn right. my mech cleaned out where the abs sensor goes into on the right side and it has improved but still clicks.

the clicks/buzz is the abs kicking in i believe. anyone else experience this? what fixed it?
Old 11-03-11, 11:34 PM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Received 86 Likes on 69 Posts

If you ABS light is not on, I wouldn't be to worried. The ABS system checks for any malfunction everytime. That's why you feel your brake pedal vibrating because the ABS motor is activating and self checking itself. I say it's normal.
Old 11-04-11, 12:32 PM
Tank
Racer

Originally Posted by GS4_Fiend
If you ABS light is not on, I wouldn't be to worried. The ABS system checks for any malfunction everytime. That's why you feel your brake pedal vibrating because the ABS motor is activating and self checking itself. I say it's normal.
Allthough your right about the ABS light and the self checks, its not normal for it to engage under such circumstances. ABS checks it's self when you turn the key not cause your turning right and slowing down. the only thing that you can hear check it self at intervals during operation is the traction control.

it's gotta be either one of the two. I am gonna try to clean the ABS speed sensor, and check for lose wires etc. just hope it's not a PITA to find that problem cause it's definately not normal.

Thanks for ur input
Old 11-09-11, 10:04 PM
kit cat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by eskaeone
Allthough your right about the ABS light and the self checks, its not normal for it to engage under such circumstances. ABS checks it's self when you turn the key not cause your turning right and slowing down. the only thing that you can hear check it self at intervals during operation is the traction control.

it's gotta be either one of the two. I am gonna try to clean the ABS speed sensor, and check for lose wires etc. just hope it's not a PITA to find that problem cause it's definitely not normal.

Thanks for ur input
My car is starting to do the exact same thing lately. It's only at crawling speed and when the wheel is turned also.

I am guessing its the speed sensor also. I think some scantools can scan the VSC codes (but can't clear them). Hopefully it can tell me what is faulty.
Old 02-23-12, 06:50 PM
gsCrazy
Lead Lap

i've had this issue since last november as well.. has anyone here found the fix?
Old 02-24-12, 11:45 AM
repugnante
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

BMC maybe crapping out on you
Old 02-27-12, 08:17 AM
gsCrazy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by repugnante
BMC maybe crapping out on you
I've been reading other posts and it seems like it just might be the pump of the bmc. Seems to be a common issue. Also if it were the bmc shouldn't you also have a soft pedal that doesn't come back up after being pressed?
Old 02-28-12, 09:44 AM
repugnante
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

^ not all the time. With these cars, the trend seems to be lack of firmness or pedal feel
Old 03-01-12, 07:39 PM
Tank
Racer

I'm gonna try the speed sensor first hopefully thats it.. by the way whats a BMC?..lol haven't figured out the acronym..
Old 03-01-12, 07:43 PM
02Legend
Intermediate

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

I'm gonna try the speed sensor first hopefully thats it.. by the way whats a BMC?..lol haven't figured out the acronym..
Brake Master Cylinder
Old 03-01-12, 07:46 PM
Tank
Racer

Originally Posted by 02Legend
Brake Master Cylinder
lol, thanx
Old 04-14-12, 06:29 PM
gsCrazy
Lead Lap

lol, thanx
were you ever able to get this fixed, eskaeone?
Old 08-15-13, 12:08 AM
Tank
Racer

Originally Posted by gsCrazy
were you ever able to get this fixed, eskaeone?
back from the dead, nope I tried switching out the driver's side ABS sensor, but it still malfunctioned I'm waiting to take the GS to my pal whom has a snap-on scanner. hopefully he can narrow it down instead of me throwing parts at it..
Old 07-14-14, 03:47 PM
Unbreakabl
Driver School Candidate

back from the dead, nope I tried switching out the driver's side ABS sensor, but it still malfunctioned I'm waiting to take the GS to my pal whom has a snap-on scanner. hopefully he can narrow it down instead of me throwing parts at it..
Any fix to this issue?

Quick Reply: Buzzing sound when I step on brakes..