Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Polyurethane Bushings

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-11, 11:31 AM
TechGreek
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.mvpmotorsports.com/Templa...970&SearchYN=N

For Steering Rack Bushings

I bought my Steering Rack Bushings from TMR and got them about a week and a half later. No complaints from me, although I didn't get any tracking numbers or anything.
Old 07-12-11, 11:38 AM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Oh yeah, my bad. Ladies and gentlemen! Problem solved! Thanks you so much for the love and support! Bow!
Old 07-14-11, 02:56 PM
scriber
Driver

I purchased a bushing kit from TM a few days ago and now they dont respond and its impossible to call them. should have searched before ordering they are so quick to charge but appear so slow to ship. Plus the BBB has 8+ complaints against them on file.

I looked at Prothane but they only have sway bar bushings, where do you go for the caster arm bushings?
Old 07-14-11, 02:58 PM
BartleDoo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by scriber
I purchased a bushing kit from TM a few days ago and now they dont respond and its impossible to call them. should have searched before ordering they are so quick to charge but appear so slow to ship. Plus the BBB has 8+ complaints against them on file.

I looked at Prothane but they only have sway bar bushings, where do you go for the caster arm bushings?
Do a google shopping search man. You can find the control arm bushings all over the internet.

In fact, here you go http://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1...w=1366&bih=600
Old 07-14-11, 03:08 PM
scriber
Driver

Originally Posted by BartleDoo
Do a google shopping search man. You can find the control arm bushings all over the internet.

In fact, here you go http://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1...w=1366&bih=600
Should have been more clear, I have a 98 GS300
Old 11-07-11, 08:44 AM
aristo123
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I got a 98 gs 300 aswell. Ordered the daizen lower control arm bushing kit 10/21/11 and nothing yet. I ordered the steering rack bushing kit and I got that in one week back in september so I figured I wouldn't have an issue with my second order. I guess some of us have gotten lucky and others not so lucky. My guess is maybe the bushings are back order and todd just doesn't feel the need to tell anyone because then no one would order off his site. I wish I would have searched before buying from this guy but like many others I didn't. I've put my so much on hold because I haven't received those bushings.
Old 11-07-11, 09:12 AM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Well, I wouldn't advice anyone to order from MVP Motorsports the steering rack bushings for SC's. I ordered mine August 11, and still haven't received it. Though, there is a good communication with the company. Parts for our cars are just on constant back order everywhere.
Old 11-07-11, 09:28 AM
scviolence
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I went to autozone picked up sone red energy suspension polyurethane bushing drilled the centers, installed in place of old steering rack bushings......done car steers great and put them to the test doing donuts and abusing the hell out of them. Price 12 bucks and it brought 8 bushings so i have another set
Old 12-03-11, 10:30 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Just a little update! I installed my poly bushings for all suspension parts around April this year, and I noticed lately just when the weather is starting to get colder down here in San Diego, the bushings would squeak whenever I run over speed bumps. Do I need to re-grease them every now and then? These things just get better and better don't they?
Old 12-03-11, 10:48 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Yes you'll need to regrease them. It's one of the reasons why I sold the urethane bushings on my other car. It's fine in the summer, but annoying in the winter. Trust me, I drenched the hell out of the bushings with the grease and still no luck. New OEM rubber works better for me. There is really no need to get urethane bushings unless you really want to have little deflection in your suspension components.
Old 12-04-11, 12:39 AM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Do you mean that they only squeak when the weather is cold? Or does the grease really vanish in some time? I hope not, 'cause I don't plan on messing with those bushings anymore. I'll just live with it for now. You hardly even notice it unless you have the radio turned off, so yeah, F it.
Old 12-04-11, 11:00 PM
ArodDaLob
Lexus Test Driver

it's sorta normal for lower temperatures to result in a bit more squeaking, but grease isn't forever. You'll have to re-grease them sometime down the line.
Old 12-05-11, 04:02 PM
BartleDoo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KingPhilip
Do you mean that they only squeak when the weather is cold? Or does the grease really vanish in some time? I hope not, 'cause I don't plan on messing with those bushings anymore. I'll just live with it for now. You hardly even notice it unless you have the radio turned off, so yeah, F it.
Mine only squeak during the winter, but I only ever hear them while going over speed bumps.
Old 12-05-11, 05:13 PM
TechGreek
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by KingPhilip
Just a little update! I installed my poly bushings for all suspension parts around April this year, and I noticed lately just when the weather is starting to get colder down here in San Diego, the bushings would squeak whenever I run over speed bumps. Do I need to re-grease them every now and then? These things just get better and better don't they?
Yes. The bushings have a grease impregnated in them from the get go, but I highly recommend greasing again every winter time.
Old 12-05-11, 05:40 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ArodDaLob
it's sorta normal for lower temperatures to result in a bit more squeaking, but grease isn't forever. You'll have to re-grease them sometime down the line.
Originally Posted by TechGreek
Yes. The bushings have a grease impregnated in them from the get go, but I highly recommend greasing again every winter time.
Thanks you guys, you 2 have been a great help to a lot of my threads.

Originally Posted by BartleDoo
Mine only squeak during the winter, but I only ever hear them while going over speed bumps.
Same here, only squeaks over speed bumps but not on dips and bumps of the roads. I'll regrease them... when I feel like doing it, lol. I'm just so tired of dealing with my suspension already. It's by far the only part that's taking me so long to get done.

Quick Reply: Polyurethane Bushings