Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Are megans coilovers worth it

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-11, 09:02 PM
IIJZSC300
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Are megans coilovers worth it

Im in the process of buying coilovers . Im currently running Espelir ASD Springs and stock struts , but the rears are blown .now i want to buy coilovers but with my car getting a gte swap I cant get pbm's or stance maybe even some jic's now megans seem easy enough on the pocket right now should i buy them or should I just buy tokico blue struts and hold off to i have a the g or better to buy a great set . now i plan to drift the car alittle so I'm kinda lost please help now I searched about megans and some. Say worth it others say the ride is garbage but I'm not really sure what to do I love the drop I have on my springs but dont think they are. good for what im trying to do or are they for now
Old 05-24-11, 09:25 PM
JDMJNKY
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In my experience, on my wifes accord. I had megan SS's for less than 15,000 miles front left is already blown/leaking/riding like a mule.................[ insert feeling here ]
Old 05-24-11, 09:51 PM
IIJZSC300
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL I feel your pain there
Old 05-24-11, 10:38 PM
JDMJNKY
Lead Lap

Not bashing the company, but my functions are so much better. I just wished function went through w/ the GS design, then I'd definitely look into some. I guess for now, I'll just be on the look out for some AIR.

I do hear good things about their LP's...................... and those black ones, BCr I think it is.
Old 05-25-11, 09:13 AM
JustChill
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I liked my megan lp series coiloversm but I also dont drift. So as for drifting I think theyll be ****ty
Old 05-25-11, 09:50 AM
soardrft
Lead Lap

If you are drifting its all personal preference. The coilovers you would want are those that you can rebuild. Imho I would say dont do it.
Old 06-06-11, 01:19 PM
vipsc400
Driver School Candidate

I have them and my sc40o is pretty low. one thing..im on the stiffish setting and it still a lil soft..no complaints on the ride though..just wish they could go stiffer
Old 06-07-11, 07:12 AM
1996sc300
Rookie

+1 on the stiffness. I have the Megan street coilover turn on the hardest and its really soft. Im not to low and it bottoms out in the front fenders like a motha. I would look somewhere else if you are planning to drift.

I had the Megan track coilovers on my wrx and those are VERY stiff.

So its really what you are looking for. It seems to go from very soft to very stiff
Old 06-07-11, 11:47 AM
CircuitMS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you're actually planing on "Drifting" then you'll want higher spring rates than what they come with standard.

If you want a custom kit with stiffer rates we can do that for you, just PM us.
Old 06-11-11, 01:45 AM
Mr.Stussy
Rookie

I just put on my Megan EZ coils today and I love it. It feels stock.
Old 06-13-11, 12:51 PM
Meunvmost
Rookie

i got megan streets and they ride pretty rough, but they feel really good.... thats all i can really say about them... they do go REALLY low too... i have a 94 sc300
Old 06-13-11, 12:52 PM
Meunvmost
Rookie

the main thing though just make sure ur bushings are good, or replace them with urethane because when u put coilovers on ull feel ur damaged/old wore out bushings alot more.
Old 06-27-11, 02:17 PM
Hostile
Driver School Candidate

when i first installed my megans ez streets they rode way to soft so i stiffened up the spring rates and they stiffened up a lot i also drift on them and i think they are great
Old 06-27-11, 08:34 PM
iridebmx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'd say if you really want pbm's or stance and your kinda last resorting to megans don't. Although megans have proven themselves time and time again you'll always say you should have got something else etc etc.. I have pbm's myself and love that they feel nothing like stock. I can feel all the bumps in the road hah

I only have a stock sc400 but I leave them on the 7 setting in the rear and 8 in the front and its stiff!!!! I can't move the car pressing down on it, gives the SC more of a 'race car' feel I think, especially if your going to put a gte in your car.

Last edited by iridebmx; 06-27-11 at 10:07 PM.
Old 06-27-11, 09:01 PM
moosejaw2
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I bought the Megan Ez Streets from Circuit MS recently. I have it at the the softest setting. Its like stock. Since its my daily, im comfortable with the ride. They also give a good amount of height adjustment. Im about half way on the coil and my front bumper barely clears a parking curb stop.

3 months later I actually like the EZ streets so much, i also put them on my FD which is at the stiffest setting and I carved up the US129 Tail of the Dragon with them. People who drove my car who have spent $$$$ on their coilovers came awy impressed.

Quick Reply: Are megans coilovers worth it