Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

help on brembo brakes (and people from south cali)

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-02, 06:15 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts
Default help on brembo brakes (and people from south cali)

guys, i need some quick help on brembo brakes upgrade.

there are two kinds of GT upgrade for the gs, one with 13.1" rotors and one with 14" rotors. the 14" won't fit with stock 17" wheels for sure, but the 13.1" might. anyone knows for sure if the stock wheels will fit? this is crucial to my brake upgrade purchase.

the place i am checking price with wants me to bring the car in so they can measure it, however i am in san jose and the shop is in LA (san gabriel). so i am wondering if anyone could do me a HUGE favor and bring your car with stock wheels (if you still have it) to the shop so they can measure it? please i really appreciate any help. if i can help (preferrable M-F during working hrs) pleae pm me. millions thanks.
Old 09-03-02, 06:21 PM
Static911

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I must say rominl, you are probably one of the fastest ClubLexus owner to mod their Lexus.

Ethan
Old 09-03-02, 06:22 PM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the monster rotors and the matching monster calipers have no chance of fitting the stock 17 or many aftermarket rims for that matter. stocks can't even handle the Supra brake upgrade, which are no Brembo or AP or Baer. you clearly like toys, get some big rims with the high-disk fitment and the proper offset
Old 09-03-02, 07:00 PM
JacobT

Rominl,

You have 19" AV3 why are you checking the fitment on stock rims? 17" stock rims will not fit Brembo calipers unless you use spacers. Even your AV3 may not clear the calipers if they are not high disk applications.
Old 09-03-02, 08:07 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by Static911
I must say rominl, you are probably one of the fastest ClubLexus owner to mod their Lexus.

Ethan
haha is that a praise or what maybe i can get an award or something out of this?

well i always love to mod cars, plus the stock ride was a bit out of my expectation, so... can't let the lexus name down.

oh, and of course, one big factor is my gf is pushing me to mod
Old 09-03-02, 08:12 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

well this is getting so confusing... my gs4 usually resides in two places, san jose or LA... when the car is in san jose i have no problem putting up the av3, however when the car is in LA there is just no way i can put it up withpout getting them stolen (wheel locks don't help). for the record a while ago a guy with an accord got a new set of 17" 1 piece wheels (around 2k) and it was stolen the 4th day.... with my rims they will probably be gone in 1 day or 2....

i actually asked the fitment question coz' from several sources i have read, the stoptech 4 pistons setup with actually fit the stock wheels. that's quite encouraging, and after talking to brembo and ap racing, they both say that their setup could fit on 17" but they need to check on the sizes.

i know the supra tt setup won't fit coz' the calipers are hella big and it's blocking the wheels, but all these aftermarket setups have smaller and lighter calipers, so i wonder what the outcome would be....

still if someone can fork out 1/2 or so for a quick measurement in LA please let me know, i really appreciate it. or if someone have the numbers showing it can't be done.... (sad sad...)
Old 09-03-02, 10:59 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

little bump?
Old 09-04-02, 02:24 AM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

romi..

if it were last week, i would be ther in a jiffy...

but this week just started a new job, so time is limited during 9-6..
Old 09-04-02, 02:26 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by gs4will
romi..

if it were last week, i would be ther in a jiffy...

but this week just started a new job, so time is limited during 9-6..
ah..... i am hitting my head on the wall..... hehe, wanna go to SG for lunch?
Old 09-04-02, 02:34 AM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

well, i am DT LA, ~15 min from SG no traffic(what am i saying..lol at my self...impossible in LA..)..plus trying not to get fired during 1st week..wish i could though..very curious myself
Old 09-04-02, 02:42 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by gs4will
well, i am DT LA, ~15 min from SG no traffic(what am i saying..lol at my self...impossible in LA..)..plus trying not to get fired during 1st week..wish i could though..very curious myself
hehe that's cool don't kill yourself over it

hey no one else in SG area to help me out? maybe someone should to go to Longo for a test drive?
Old 09-04-02, 03:20 AM
strshooter
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

romi

I can probably go on thurday. Is there someone you've been talking to at sprewell's. pm me your phone number so I can get the details. I'll call you tomorrow morning or afternoon (after golf)

norm
Old 09-04-02, 04:18 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by strshooter
romi

I can probably go on thurday. Is there someone you've been talking to at sprewell's. pm me your phone number so I can get the details. I'll call you tomorrow morning or afternoon (after golf)

norm
hey norm thanks so much for the help!!!! i really apprecaite it. i am going to send you a pm with details right now
Old 09-08-02, 04:59 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

i wanna thank strshooter for taking time to go to the shop for some measurement. i really appreciate that man

but the bad news is, just as many people have warned me, the brembo kit will not clear the stock wheels. way off actaully..... it will need more than 20mm spaces which is ridiculous.

even with strshooter's 18" he will need couple mm spaces to fit as well. it's amazing how big the calipers are....

well now i am trying to work with ap racing to see what kind of deal they can give me on the 6 pistons setup. yes it won't clear my stock wheels but i figure if it's a good deal i'd do it.

otherwise i will probably go with stoptech or wilwood. they are the only 4 pistons setup that will clear the stock wheels from what i know

again, thanks strshooter!
Old 09-08-02, 04:04 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

romi...

wait for the wilkwood pkg. it will be an awesome deal...pearlpower is working on this, so stay tuned

Quick Reply: help on brembo brakes (and people from south cali)