Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Megan ez coilovers?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-10, 01:00 PM
KI_GSE21
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds good! Glad you enjoy them so far. Please do share with us the installation and ride quality after you had a chance to play around with the settings.

Congrats!!!
Old 10-29-10, 03:47 PM
Legitek
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey dang87, you didnt have to do any cutting or anything? they fit right in?
Old 10-29-10, 05:15 PM
Ki11switch
Rookie

I just installed mine today. Rides great. I combined these with spc front cambers and rear upper and lower megan camber arms. Only complaint is that the rear has a small clunking noise (damper is set at 5). Hopefully after an alignment tomorrow i can write a quik review. I would say great product for the price.

Last edited by Ki11switch; 10-30-10 at 08:14 PM.
Old 10-30-10, 07:54 PM
MSirJet
Driver School Candidate

Default Megan EZ coilover install

Just installed these units on my new to me IS3. Must say they are nice pieces regardless of the very economical price. Mind you this opinion is coming from a long time Porsche/Ducati racer familiar with much more expensive pieces like Ohlins and Bilsteins. Install was straight forward but not recommended for the unaccustomed... did have to break out the spring compressors for the rears. Ride height set-up was a breeze, though I just guessed on spring preload or sag for those familiar with bike suspension set-up. Adjustment for ride height on the fronts only required jacking the front of the car and turning the wheels provided ample space to make adjustments. The rears required jacking and removing the rear wheels... no biggie as if your doing this type of install, an impact wrench is most likely in your tool inventory. I am currently at 26 inchs front and 25inchs rear (measured from fender lip through wheel c/l) and will see how much it changes after a couple hundred miles and adjust accordingly. Here some pics
Attached Thumbnails Megan ez coilovers?-img_0437_2.jpg   Megan ez coilovers?-img_0438_2.jpg   Megan ez coilovers?-img_0440_2.jpg   Megan ez coilovers?-img_0443_2.jpg   Megan ez coilovers?-img_0446_2.jpg  

Old 10-31-10, 12:09 AM
DAng87
Driver

everything fit right in no cutting! Nice duc MSirJet!
Old 10-31-10, 01:56 AM
Legitek
Driver School Candidate

Alright i just finish installing my coilovers, check it out, ill post up more info tomorrow.
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._3729513_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._1437404_n.jpg
More info tomorrow
Old 10-31-10, 03:04 AM
Micaiah

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Dang you guys are brave. I'd be too scared to go that low.
Old 10-31-10, 07:04 AM
kanklez
Rookie

Originally Posted by Legitek
Alright i just finish installing my coilovers, check it out, ill post up more info tomorrow.
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._3729513_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._1437404_n.jpg
More info tomorrow
is that the setting right out of the box?
Old 10-31-10, 03:42 PM
Legitek
Driver School Candidate

Oh no, i lowered it more than stock height from the box. but i didnt max out yet.
Old 10-31-10, 04:47 PM
allst4r
Lead Lap

ride is close to stock you guys say? any one unhappy with the ez megans?
Old 11-01-10, 12:28 PM
Launchpad
Driver School Candidate

Just Got them on my LS430 fronts goes low as hell but the rear doesnt seem to go that low? Anyone experience this? Other than that the ride quality is damn near stock very impressed buy them fast!
Old 11-01-10, 02:41 PM
Legitek
Driver School Candidate

Did you max out on the back? or did you keep the coils at stock manufacture height?
Old 11-01-10, 03:24 PM
Ki11switch
Rookie

Just a quick review

A huge THANKS to Circuit Motorsport (vendor) Excellent service and fast shipment.

With these being the lowest coilovers on the market they are hands down the best bang for the buck. Having spending over a grand on coils for my MK4 years ago I would say this is hands down the best upgrade on my car or any car I have owned.

Installation: Installation is straight forward, just a little knowledge, tools, and patient will get you through this with a breeze.They do come with instructions, but i just used the DIY thread. With the low cost of these coils I went with a full front and rear camber adjustment from spc and megan. These upgrades especially the spc front camber where tough, but I would say a great mod.

Ride Quality: I had mention earlier that i was having a clunking noise on the rear before my alignment, but after a alignment it all went away. with rear and front camber adjustment mods my alignment numbers where all in the green for the first time. With spring rates at 10/8 i was expecting a little harsher ride quality, but the ride quality was great. Body roll is limited, a more connected feel to the road, and a just right stiffness. I think the ride quality was helped out by having rubber mounts. I was looking for something near stock ride and i def got it.

Conclusion: With a great price point and features you really cant beat these. i would recommend getting adjustable cambers in combination with any coils. Only negative things that i have with these is that do not let your lady drive your car!!!!! haha i should have mention to her to drive it a little more carefully.
Attached Thumbnails Megan ez coilovers?-11012010856.jpg   Megan ez coilovers?-10292010846.jpg   Megan ez coilovers?-11012010855.jpg  
Old 11-01-10, 04:08 PM
RastaRacer
Lexus Champion

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

^^ nice review, im definately getting these coils once i sell the Tein springs i bought.....where is everybody getting these coils from, who has the best price? i seen them on hopupracing.com for $700 with free shipping.
Old 11-01-10, 04:55 PM
Launchpad
Driver School Candidate

Backs are maxed out threaded down till they bottomed out

Originally Posted by Legitek
Did you max out on the back? or did you keep the coils at stock manufacture height?

Quick Reply: Megan ez coilovers?