Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Suspension overhaul Questions - BC Coil-overs | Prothane Bushings | NAS Arms

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-18, 01:05 AM
Bootyman
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Suspension overhaul Questions - BC Coil-overs | Prothane Bushings | NAS Arms

I'm turning to sc forums for advice on my upcoming suspension project. My lower control arms bushings are shot so I'm deciding what is the best route to take. My goal is to keep the ride quality close to stock since this is my daily driver, but I'm willing to sacrifice some comfort for better handling. I see a few options I can take, please provide any insight.

Option 1 - Full Prothane Polyuathane Kit for all Front and Back Bushings with Daizen Sway Bar Bushings - How stiff is this, is it too stiff for a daily?

Option 2 - NAS NEW Rubber Upper and Lower Control arms - Cheap on Ebay, OEM spec - Any one have them?

Additional - I found BC racing coilovers for cheap in very good shape, but they are a 16KG/10kg setup, and I'm afriad thats going to rattle my teeth? BR Series Coilovers (C-15-BR) for 500$ is this a good deal?

Any advice is appreciated.
Old 01-07-18, 01:01 PM
- V -
Instructor

Received 161 Likes on 121 Posts

Your goals are pretty much the same as what i want from my car. I already got a set of lower control arms and replaced them yesterday, i suggest you do the same especially if you plan on lowering your car. There is a very high chance that when you take your control arm out youll also break the ball joint thats on it since that thing is going to be seized up on it like a mother. The arms i got were the NAS arms, probably the same once you are talking about, sold by Toyolex autoparts. Good quality made in Japan. Ive used Daizen bushings before and they are stiffer than stock for sure. Id recommend using them to replace the steering rack bushings, it sharpens steering input with only minimal(if any) effect on ride quality

We also have a thread discussing these arms here: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...or-30-a-2.html. Post #24 and on.

As for the springs, i plan on putting lowering springs and shock instead of coilovers since thats pretty much the only way you can drop the car and have something similar to stock ride quality without spending thousands of dollars on a luxury coilover set.
Old 01-23-18, 02:14 PM
LEXXIUM
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

Honestly I weighed my options on spending 350-400 for nas arms vs stock Supra arms at my cost 315 each vs just going to the pickapart and finding a set with good ball joints and replace bushings with new for around $100.
I was prepared to do the work myself and save cash. I know it’s hit and miss at yards sometimes, but you have to be patient keep your eyes on websites!! I feel like I got very lucky with my set!
Now since you’re going to be saving so much cash you can buy a nice set of spring and shocks, no I’m not going to say Coilovers because you can do better with a good shocks and good springs
Old 01-24-18, 07:15 AM
mrmj2u
Advanced

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts

I have the NAS arms installed on my car. They went on perfectly and have been holding up for the past few months that they have been installed. The car aligned perfectly but there is no way to speak to longevity at this point.
Old 01-24-18, 04:59 PM
Bootyman
Driver School Candidate

Default I got money

I went the NAS route, just got delivered. The NAS front lca and rear uca. The manufacturing date on them says they were made in 2015.

FYI - NAS stands for North America Suspension but their parts are manufactured and stamped with China
Attached Thumbnails Suspension overhaul Questions - BC Coil-overs | Prothane Bushings | NAS Arms-20180124_165145.jpg  

Last edited by Bootyman; 01-24-18 at 05:07 PM.
Old 01-30-18, 10:34 AM
Nycsupra
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Bootyman
I went the NAS route, just got delivered. The NAS front lca and rear uca. The manufacturing date on them says they were made in 2015.

FYI - NAS stands for North America Suspension but their parts are manufactured and stamped with China
which is oem and NAS in the pic above? Going to check through my suspension on Friday to see what needs to be replaced.