Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Uas front bag still rubs with the new bracket???

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-10, 02:45 PM
handoverfi
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Uas front bag still rubs with the new bracket???

Can someone confirm this??? Or post past post?? I got someone telling they don't work. Any help or answers Would be appreciated!!!

I havnt heard to much on this so can someone help me with this info??
Old 07-07-10, 10:23 PM
5t341th
Lexus Champion

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

my frend has the brackets too. its still rubbing, but not much. u can see that it touches that portion on the bag
Old 07-08-10, 12:21 AM
Spyder78
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I've got the brackets and no rubbing. If you decide to run fully dumped and you try to turn the spindle can rub the bag, such is the nature of the gs suspension. The brackets allow you to move the bag slightly higher by utilizing a shorter top hat and a spacer on the bottom perch. I've had mine for a year and the only rub mark I have is when I blew out a fitting and rode on it slammed for a 1/4 mile and even then its a mark which was only made cause I kept hitting potholes while it was deflated. Side note can you stop making new threads for every question that you have about UAS?
Old 07-08-10, 12:45 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 88 Likes on 80 Posts

2 things can be done in addtion, one is a bit redundant cause you would have to buy the new 'shorter' bags that uas sells, the other is purchasing those aftermarket upper control arms that are sold on her for like $300. They are a bit thinner than out factory ones so those extra couple mm of clearance in addition to the brackets will help or solve. This is where coilovers up front can help as well because you have the option to raise the bag even higher.
Old 07-08-10, 12:50 AM
Spyder78
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Mr Jokster
2 things can be done in addtion, one is a bit redundant cause you would have to buy the new 'shorter' bags that uas sells, the other is purchasing those aftermarket upper control arms that are sold on her for like $300. They are a bit thinner than out factory ones so those extra couple mm of clearance in addition to the brackets will help or solve. This is where coilovers up front can help as well because you have the option to raise the bag even higher.
If you shorten the bags then you lose lift, but you have to ride at higher pressure so the bag isnt as wide, true one way. Coilovers wont help you unless you go with the shorter bag, move the perch up and move the bag out of the way, the longer bags might still be too long. As far as the control arms I'm not sure about this but it doesnt make sense why it would work, can you explain how they are thinner? I thought that they are actually higher because there are nuts on top?
Old 07-08-10, 01:57 AM
Damnnchi
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

dang! I just got some of my UAS kit in today. I really hope I dont have rubbing issues =/
Old 07-08-10, 04:16 AM
handoverfi
Pole Position

[QUOTE=Spyder78;5624191]I've got the brackets and no rubbing. If you decide to run fully dumped and you try to turn the spindle can rub the bag, such is the nature of the gs suspension. The brackets allow you to move the bag slightly higher by utilizing a shorter top hat and a spacer on the bottom perch. I've had mine for a year and the only rub mark I have is when I blew out a fitting and rode on it slammed for a 1/4 mile and even then its a mark which was only made cause I kept hitting potholes while it was deflated. Side note can you stop making new threads for every question that you have about UAS?[/QUOTE]

well i didnt see no thread dedicated to the rubbing issue. i searched and read for a good 3 hours looking for threads on this issue. And they were just mentioned in various threads. this will make it easier to search also.

I have front RCAs will that affect the new billet brackets also?
Originally Posted by whitevomr
dang! I just got some of my UAS kit in today. I really hope I dont have rubbing issues =/

well good thing i just made this thread so you can get more info . Anyways they said the brackets help but i hear from one guy these things dont help.

But like i siad above how does the new brackets get affected if one does have the front RCAs
Old 07-08-10, 04:33 AM
Spyder78
Lexus Champion

[QUOTE=handoverfi;5624405]
Originally Posted by Spyder78
I've got the brackets and no rubbing. If you decide to run fully dumped and you try to turn the spindle can rub the bag, such is the nature of the gs suspension. The brackets allow you to move the bag slightly higher by utilizing a shorter top hat and a spacer on the bottom perch. I've had mine for a year and the only rub mark I have is when I blew out a fitting and rode on it slammed for a 1/4 mile and even then its a mark which was only made cause I kept hitting potholes while it was deflated. Side note can you stop making new threads for every question that you have about UAS?[/QUOTE]

well i didnt see no thread dedicated to the rubbing issue. i searched and read for a good 3 hours looking for threads on this issue. And they were just mentioned in various threads. this will make it easier to search also.

I have front RCAs will that affect the new billet brackets also?

well good thing i just made this thread so you can get more info . Anyways they said the brackets help but i hear from one guy these things dont help.

But like i siad above how does the new brackets get affected if one does have the front RCAs
Essentially the theory of the front rca is spacing the suspension down in order to regain travel that you lost when you dropped the car. So in essence you would be at the same height but with the spring moved further up. However since we are not talking about an adjustable coilover where you move it back up an inch to get to the same height you were at before adding the rca,(if you choose to put the air on an non adjustable shock) with the air it would work similarly without the bag moving meaning that you would have to air up more in order to be at the same height you were at before. Since you are not moving the bag up but moving the lower arm down, I'm not sure how it would affect the bag position with the spindle. It might shift the spindle down a few mm's but I'm not sure as I've never ran them nor has anyone posted measurements of how the rca affected their spindle position. I've been running my bags for over a year through NYC without any issues of rubbing but that is because I went with the brackets. Knowing your suspension and how it works and what you can and cannot do is part of the game, dont ride fully dumped and think that you can make a full turn without rubbing the bag, wont happen.
Old 07-08-10, 07:14 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 88 Likes on 80 Posts

I retract my statement on the upper control arms... For some reason I keep getting them mixed up with the spindle but stand by the coilover/smaller bag theory, riding with more air or not, it can clear (and is what were speaking of) every way has its pros and cons always wondered though, how much integrity is lost if the spindle is shaved just enough to clear the bag

Last edited by Mr Jokster; 07-08-10 at 07:18 AM.
Old 07-08-10, 07:40 AM
chrispy

Received 78 Likes on 37 Posts

I'm running short bags with RCAs and the top hat with my shock towers cut out for maximum drop and minumum lift. At ride height the bags are almost fully inflated so they don't rub but if I hit a dip or go up a driveway slammed they will rub because the UCAs doesn't hit the top to limit how far the spindle can go. When aired out I know the bag is touching the spindle because the UCAs poke through the holes in my engine bay.
Old 07-08-10, 11:44 AM
Spyder78
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by chrispy
I'm running short bags with RCAs and the top hat with my shock towers cut out for maximum drop and minumum lift. At ride height the bags are almost fully inflated so they don't rub but if I hit a dip or go up a driveway slammed they will rub because the UCAs doesn't hit the top to limit how far the spindle can go. When aired out I know the bag is touching the spindle because the UCAs poke through the holes in my engine bay.
Thanks for chiming in Chrispy been interested to know how yours was doing. My statements are all a moot point when you cut out the strut tower but since not many people are willing to do that it wont affect many. I've been contemplating to cut out mine in order to get lower however I need to now think about the detriments since I do have the regular bags, because around here the lift is needed, thus my bag is thicker than yours since I ride at a lower pressure.
Old 10-23-10, 06:15 AM
handoverfi
Pole Position

[QUOTE=Spyder78;5624417]
Originally Posted by handoverfi

Essentially the theory of the front rca is spacing the suspension down in order to regain travel that you lost when you dropped the car. So in essence you would be at the same height but with the spring moved further up. However since we are not talking about an adjustable coilover where you move it back up an inch to get to the same height you were at before adding the rca,(if you choose to put the air on an non adjustable shock) with the air it would work similarly without the bag moving meaning that you would have to air up more in order to be at the same height you were at before. Since you are not moving the bag up but moving the lower arm down, I'm not sure how it would affect the bag position with the spindle. It might shift the spindle down a few mm's but I'm not sure as I've never ran them nor has anyone posted measurements of how the rca affected their spindle position. I've been running my bags for over a year through NYC without any issues of rubbing but that is because I went with the brackets. Knowing your suspension and how it works and what you can and cannot do is part of the game, dont ride fully dumped and think that you can make a full turn without rubbing the bag, wont happen.
Well since I'm not on 20s anymore I roll on 19s now! But i drive high enough to clear the fenders in the front where I can be allowed to make the full turns. So I don't n
Know how that's affecting the spindle since I do ride like that now
Old 10-23-10, 02:57 PM
4drferio

go0od info.im on 20s too.id need 19s
Old 07-07-13, 08:57 AM
Sbrewer
Driver School Candidate

Hey guys, this thread is definitely dead, but I'm looking for any help I can get. I have heard so much about UAS bags rubbing, and I was considering airtekk struts and bags. Are the wheels rubbing the bags or the UCA? I am static right now with less than 1" between my upper ball joint to the shock tower. It always bottoms out. To ride at the same height will I be rubbing in a bag? Who sells the plates that are adjustable for the shock mount? I would order UAS stuff if I knew it would work. It would sure save me $$$

Thanks in advance.

-Stephen
Old 07-07-13, 03:15 PM
handoverfi
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Sbrewer
Hey guys, this thread is definitely dead, but I'm looking for any help I can get. I have heard so much about UAS bags rubbing, and I was considering airtekk struts and bags. Are the wheels rubbing the bags or the UCA? I am static right now with less than 1" between my upper ball joint to the shock tower. It always bottoms out. To ride at the same height will I be rubbing in a bag? Who sells the plates that are adjustable for the shock mount? I would order UAS stuff if I knew it would work. It would sure save me $$$

Thanks in advance.

-Stephen
dude just cut holes in the front wheels wells where the UCA meets the fender so it wont hit anymore. And UAS bags rub the knuckle. That spacer that UAS made is garbage and doesnt work. I didnt listen to the people on here when i got the set up and thought i would go ahead and try it out. but i learned the hard way! im back on coilovers. hell with air suspension not for me! get coilovers and ride slammed and get the AIRCUPS so you can airup when you need to just to get over obstacles

Quick Reply: Uas front bag still rubs with the new bracket???