Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Get Your F-Sport Springs Now!

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-10, 03:21 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, drop is just a word, but I understand how different people will have different interpretations.

Lexus calls them lowering springs in the brochure.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
F-Sport brochure-PDF.pdf (1.54 MB, 190 views)
Old 06-09-10, 03:51 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by llamaboiz
ok let me clear a few things up as to why im so against calling fsport springs (eibach 350) a drop...

stock sport suspension = .4in lower than regular suspension
fsport springs = 1in lower than regular suspension

SO... if you start off with the sport suspension and go fsport you're really only lowering .6in not 1in from from sport but 1in from non-sport... so~ for ppl coming from the sport suspension paying the stealership to put on a .6in drop, let me ask you... ya think ya got your monies worth?

My comments are all my opinions on the word 'drop' when concerning fsport.

Just to clarify- The Sport suspension is a .4 inch drop in the front, a 0.0 inch drop in the rear (though the springs are stiffer both front and rear, as well as the shocks).
Old 06-11-10, 10:45 AM
Harrisch
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

on the note of the springs being discontinued, my dealer told me that he tried to order me a new set from lexus, and they said they were no longer being made.... thats why i went to sewell and ordered from their warehouse

i dont know if the clunking issue was already resolved and new springs made, or if thats something that will happen in the future... it seems like f-sport stuff has been relatively successful so i doubt they are dropping springs from the menu altogether... but they arent currently being made.

that being said, im excited to get my springs, to do a conservative drop at least for now.... i dont like how the f-sport springs seem to reduce the rake of the vehicle... i think the rear is dropped a little more than the front, but i know ill want to go to coilovers eventually so im not too worried about it for now

on the note of the f-sport springs being a drop versus not.... sure the car wont be slammed or anything, but itll definitely look much cleaner... i have a very staggered setup with some enkei rpf1's (18x8 front and 18x9.5 rear) and it makes the car look pretty mean even without the inch of lowering, i think when i get the springs on this weekend and get some pics up, people will agree that with the right setup, these springs can be very classy
Old 06-21-10, 03:30 PM
DRivera250
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

isn't Sewell Lexus having the summer sale for F-Sport parts?

Sewell F-Sport Sale

Last edited by DRivera250; 06-21-10 at 03:32 PM. Reason: added link
Old 06-21-10, 08:12 PM
zeuolaxxx
Pole Position

we don't know yet.... I am still waiting for F-Sport sales....
Old 06-21-10, 11:23 PM
Harrisch
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by badpinoy
isn't Sewell Lexus having the summer sale for F-Sport parts?

Sewell F-Sport Sale
i got mine for 231 shipped from sewell...

the dealership i went to offered me a ten percent discount leaving it at around 270... id say your best bet is to go with sewell, register on their site and put in ur CL username and password and take advantage of the discount they give
Old 06-23-10, 10:10 PM
JoshIS408
- - G T V I P - -

Received 117 Likes on 44 Posts

OR buy my spring / shock combo for 700 shipped +paypal fee to your door . rwd isx50
Old 06-24-10, 07:24 AM
redspencer
OG Member

Received 529 Likes on 314 Posts

If the current F-sport springs are truly going to be discontinued, I wonder if it is due to the new 2011 ISx50 receiving a F-sport suspension package that has been tuned by the LFA development team.

http://lexusenthusiast.com/2010/06/21/2011-lexus-is/

"...For the most part, the changes are minor — LED daytime running lights, revised bumpers, some small interior updates — however, let’s take a closer look at this IS F-Sport:

With the grille, front seats, & steering wheel taken from the IS-F, this IS F-Sport package is very similar to the one currently available in the UK & Canada, but for one major difference: according to レクサスとの道, the suspension has been tuned by the LFA development team.

Depending on whether this suspension will be any different from the current F-Sport offerings, this is a brilliant move on the part of Lexus and would certainly give provide a unique selling point. Even more than that, it also illustrates how the LFA development program will benefit the F-Sport marque."