Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Best Place for LBJ's?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-10, 11:36 AM
Caoboy
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Best Place for LBJ's?

For some reason...the lower ball joint set that I replaced with OEM Toyota parts have started to fail. The left one is CLUNKING really bad when I turn, not EVERY time, but mostly when I am turning and there is a bump and the car either loads or unloads the suspension.

I'm going to take it as I rode WAY too low, no RCA's and no proper alignment on the front, which caused the LBJ to bind and wear out prematurely.

I was looking on Sewell's website, but I can't seem to find it there, and the part number is not available on Carson's website to cross reference it.

Anybody know where I can find these in stock? I know Sewell had the best price on them too.

Car is all stock at the moment, so replacing these will be a breeze, and I'll press out all the bushings and put in my Daizen Bushing kit too, and get the whole thing realigned and be good to go.
Old 04-14-10, 11:42 AM
GS300ToM
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...layCatalogid=0
Old 04-14-10, 12:08 PM
ogkarma
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lower Ball Joints Carson Part No:

Left - 4333039535
Right - 4334039415

Hope this helps.
Old 04-14-10, 04:51 PM
danw111
Driver School Candidate

Default Lbj

Originally Posted by Caoboy
For some reason...the lower ball joint set that I replaced with OEM Toyota parts have started to fail. The left one is CLUNKING really bad when I turn, not EVERY time, but mostly when I am turning and there is a bump and the car either loads or unloads the suspension.

I'm going to take it as I rode WAY too low, no RCA's and no proper alignment on the front, which caused the LBJ to bind and wear out prematurely.

I was looking on Sewell's website, but I can't seem to find it there, and the part number is not available on Carson's website to cross reference it.

Anybody know where I can find these in stock? I know Sewell had the best price on them too.

Car is all stock at the moment, so replacing these will be a breeze, and I'll press out all the bushings and put in my Daizen Bushing kit too, and get the whole thing realigned and be good to go.
http://www.sewellpartsonline.com/par...l.asp?id=90178
Old 04-14-10, 04:56 PM
maximus54
Driver

On Sewell's site just go to common mainenance items or something like that and they have tie rods and ball joints listed.
Old 04-14-10, 04:56 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

got em from sewell
Old 04-14-10, 06:54 PM
Caoboy
Lexus Champion

Ahh good lookin' out dan!

Now..is there a promotional code for CL members?
Old 04-14-10, 06:58 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Code is CLUBLEXUS

I think it's a 10% discount.
Old 04-14-10, 07:43 PM
Caoboy
Lexus Champion

Oh yeah, I just saw the supporting vendor discounts thread!

Thanks all!
Old 04-15-10, 08:47 AM
GS300ToM
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

sewell is bout 10 cheaper
Old 04-15-10, 11:31 AM
Caoboy
Lexus Champion

Sewell is about 30 dollars cheaper, no tax, and a discount.

I ordered yesterday, 120 shipped, whereas carson/sac was 150 shipped.
Old 04-20-10, 01:22 PM
Caoboy
Lexus Champion

Well Sewell has refunded my money for some reason,

all I had received was an email that the order was processing, nothing afterwards. Money got refunded, and no email saying why, no email saying they are out of stock, no nothing.

I've sent them an email and am waiting for a response. This is is bad news, because my car is just sitting in the driveway waiting for the LBJ's to arrive.

On a side note, has anyone ordered the LBJ's off www.rockauto.com? They are 55 a piece, with a 3 year/50k mile warranty on the parts. I know they are quick to ship, and I have a discount coupon through them as well.
Old 04-20-10, 07:18 PM
Caoboy
Lexus Champion

I've received an email from Sewell, LBJ's will arrive tomorrow! Sent me a tracking number, all is well.

Tomorrow I should start tearing apart the car...bleh. Hopefully it goes smoothly.
Old 05-02-10, 03:07 PM
Caoboy
Lexus Champion

So I finally went to tear down the suspension, replace all the bushings, and be done with this front end.

Problem one. It's not my LBJ's . Ordered Moog Tie Rods from Rockauto.com 50 bucks with a warranty.

Problem 2. I went to put everything back together, after replacing the LBJ anyway (might as well since I have the parts, right?) and the UPPER control arm Ball joint is SPINNING! thread the nut on there, and the stud just starts spinning in the UCA.

A) Is this bad, can it be fixed?

or B) Do I just need to order UCA's now?

Also, about the tie rods, How do you take the tie rods off? 19mm on the lock nut (presuming) and 19 on the tie rod and just give it hell?

I think I might just have these replaced and aligned all at once, just in case. I can get EVERYTHING else apart, but these tie rods are a beezy.

Another note, I noticed the tie rod was able to rotate freely 360* once they were undone from the lbj, is this normal? Would this entail my inner rods to be messed up? Or can I wait on those?
Old 05-02-10, 04:24 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Use a clamp of some sort and press the steering knuckle against the UCA balljoint. That way, it'll help prevent the balljoint itself from spinning. And try to clean the thread of the balljoint.

I would have tried to loosen the 19mm nut while the tie rod is still connected to the balljoint. But yes, you'll have to use quite a bit of torque if you've never had them taken off before.

Inner tie rod spinning is normal. That's part of their design.

Quick Reply: Best Place for LBJ's?