Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

IS250 AWD - After lowering springs

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-10, 06:07 AM
Big Willy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Touge
They are talking about the spacers on the gs forum ( https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...n-data-15.html )... they currently think new axles will solve the issue. Have my fingers crossed and hope that is the case.
if they are looking in the direction of new axles you might want to try axle spacers first...It makes sense.
Old 10-30-13, 12:11 PM
halfnyce07
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had my 2IS AWD on H&R springs for almost a year now. They did fine on their first winter on. One thing I noticed was that the vibration went away when I switched from my rims to my factory wheels. I'm riding on concept one visions (19x8.5 front 19x9 in the rear) It's almost time for me to switch them out again. I will post what my car does.
Old 10-30-13, 12:14 PM
Jump2man3
Lexus Test Driver

alignment or check sewell steering damper $25-45 bucks
Old 11-04-13, 09:06 AM
halfnyce07
Driver

Originally Posted by Jump2man3
alignment or check sewell steering damper $25-45 bucks
Did that solve the problem for you at all?
Old 11-13-13, 08:27 PM
halfnyce07
Driver

So according to my non scientific study, the shaking went away as soon as I put the factory wheels back on. So I'm guessing a staggered set up won't work on a AWD 2IS if you're lowered. I'm going to buy new wheels this spring with out the staggered set up to see how she behaves. Hope this helps guys.
Old 11-14-13, 04:03 PM
Acingteam
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by halfnyce07
Did that solve the problem for you at all?
The steering wheel dampener does not solve this issue. It simply eliminates some of the feedback you get from the road, barely any if you ask me.

Originally Posted by halfnyce07
So according to my non scientific study, the shaking went away as soon as I put the factory wheels back on. So I'm guessing a staggered set up won't work on a AWD 2IS if you're lowered. I'm going to buy new wheels this spring with out the staggered set up to see how she behaves. Hope this helps guys.
This shouldn't have anything to do with the type of wheels you have. I've had vibrations with stock and aftermarket wheels.

BTW, I hope you are running tires with same rolling diameter on your staggered set up. If not, you will blow your differential, just a matter of time.
Old 11-15-13, 03:34 PM
darylrsv4
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No one likes the Teins?
Old 11-16-13, 07:47 AM
STARBWOY
Driver School Candidate

Default vibration after lowering on the AWD model

I have an AWD lowered on Megan EZ and I experience the same vibration, I think it might be the AWD System
Old 11-19-13, 07:52 AM
STARBWOY
Driver School Candidate

I have to same vibration, im lowered on megan EZ and running 19.8.5 in the front and 19.9.5 in the rear, do any find out what might cuz the vibration ....please and thanks
Old 11-19-13, 07:55 AM
STARBWOY
Driver School Candidate

Default vibration ofter lowered

I have to same vibration, im lowered on megan EZ and running 19.8.5 in the front and 19.9.5 in the rear, do any find out what might cuz the vibration ....please and thanks
Old 12-26-13, 06:59 AM
halfnyce07
Driver

Originally Posted by Acingteam
The steering wheel dampener does not solve this issue. It simply eliminates some of the feedback you get from the road, barely any if you ask me.

This shouldn't have anything to do with the type of wheels you have. I've had vibrations with stock and aftermarket wheels.

BTW, I hope you are running tires with same rolling diameter on your staggered set up. If not, you will blow your differential, just a matter of time.
I was running the same rolling diameter. The vibration I was talking about is the vibration at speed (20-30mph and 70-80mph) I get the vibration when I'm stopped with the brake pedal depressed (goes away when I put the car in neutral so I'm guessing thats due to the AWD system)
Old 02-11-14, 07:23 PM
DaveLexus
Driver School Candidate

did you guys figure out what the problem was? because im thinking about getting Either BC coils or RM springs so i need to be sure i can lower it with out problems i have a 07 is250 AWD
Old 02-23-14, 10:15 PM
furqanrauf
Driver School Candidate

Default lowering issue

I found this in some other blog,

Hi, I have a 2008 is250 AWD. About 45 days ago I installed Tanabe coil springs NF210 for the AWD model (as per Tanabe web site). Drop is : front 1.0 rear 1.4. Not a big drop. I started to have vibration issues at low speed (0-25 mph) and above 50 mph car was vibrating just like when you have a bented dammage wheel or snow inside a wheel or when you loss some balancing weight. At first, I tought one of the wheels lost some weight. After wheel balancing and suspenssion and direction verified by a tech (no issues found) car was still vibrating. So I search on the internet for similar issue. Found out that I was not the only one having vibration issues after dropping an IS250 AWD model. I search and didn't found any solutions. So I visit one of my mecanic buddy. Found out that axle shafts angles change (due of the drop) and shaft was too tight. Velocity joint was to tight and was creating a vibration. I put back the original spings = problem solved ! ... No more vibration at low and high speed. So I figure out that that AWD model cannot be lowered. Or if tere is a way or a fix, please share it with me !

http://my.is/forums/f157/awd-is250-a...69/index2.html
Old 03-02-14, 04:30 AM
1BadTitan
Rookie

Sorry guys, this doesnt make sense. Something about this doesnt seem to be goin back to a binding CV joint. Mainly because of this... The one thing they all have in common is, while the car is in drive, at a dead stop (I.E. red light) they feel the vibration, The CV's arent turning, so they cannot be the source of the vibration. While driving, at any speed, If the CV's are binding, they will bind at all speeds, the car height doesnt change between 20-30mph any differently than from 30-50mph. Also, if they were binding, spacers would anly make them bind more as it would be adding to the compression of the knuckle into the joint. I think we're barking up the wrong tree here, however I dont know what the right path is, I am definitly doing my own research.
Old 10-07-15, 09:25 AM
Bobbios15
Driver School Candidate

Default Issues with my lowered is250 awd

Originally Posted by omgswifty
you can slam it on bc racing coils. which is what i'm planning to do.
Hey guys, I had my bc coils installed at one of the most reputable shops around and had 2 alignments. I had major shake and vibration coming from the rear end. The car was lowered 1.75 inches at the time. The shop raised it 3/4 of an inch which means it was 1 inch low from stock height and I still had the same issue. The magic number for my car was 3/4 inch lowered with no issues. My suggestion is don't lower your AWD. If anyone has a fix for this please message. Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: IS250 AWD - After lowering springs