Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Daizen Bushings

Old 05-05-10, 12:20 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Caoboy
I have the bushings, I could send them to FIGS....
hey now, you shut up, i was trying to get my freebie on with my donation to him lol

Originally Posted by maximus54
every time you guys post you get me all excited thinking someone has news...this is killing me, I have $2000 in parts waiting to go on
ha join the club i got like 8k worth of audio im waiting on a alternator for PLUS these bushings. i promise u if mike steps up and makes something for us, we can wave tm and daizen and the sloppy service goodbye

Originally Posted by FIGS
Hmm, I am not sure if that is the end application. On the IS, its two mounts on one side and a clamshell mount on the other. I gotta find a GS to crawl under now

Edit, these are the lower control arm bushings or the steering rack bushings? The link says control arm.
to bad we live so far away, i would DEF loan u mine man

they supposed to be control arm bushings.

Originally Posted by excluesive
the main one everyone wants is the lower control arm #2, also know as the caster arm
x2 but if he could replicate a set that wasnt to brutal i would love to do all of them

Originally Posted by jk7d
ordered middle of april and still waiting on the control arm bushings - somebody who lives close to that shop go pay a visit for us
yeah i ordered mine april 1st and still havent gotten them. they were good bout getting back to me via email, but they havent answered the last two im gonna try another email today.

btw people HAVE stopped by during the day in the middle of the week and NOONE answers the door

Last edited by sakataj; 05-05-10 at 12:25 PM.
Old 05-05-10, 12:22 PM
Caoboy
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What are you talking about Brian? You don't even have them! LOL
Old 05-05-10, 12:39 PM
FIGS
The Maker

Received 140 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by tom steele
cant wait to see what you come up with look at ikea formula arms they use a heim joint for the caster bushing.... also are the histeer arms ready yet?
yes, I will also be looking at a hardened heim joint to replace the rubber. Not quite done releasing the Histeer. Its essentially done, I just need to wrapp up the last 5%. details....
Links - Arms - SuperPro Poly Bushings - Solid Bearing Conversions - Motor Mounts
RB BBK's and 2P Rotors, G-Loc pads, Radium Fuel Systems
Custom Fabrication Design and Machining - Industrial 3D Printing - Laser Cutting
2018 USTCC Sportsman Class Champions - 2018 NASA ST5 National Champions
Old 05-06-10, 01:06 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Caoboy
What are you talking about Brian? You don't even have them! LOL
i was teasing u....no i dont have them in hand...i DID order them on april 1st....still waiting on them though. no answers from any of the 3 emails though. so for anyone else waiting, did your card get charged? mine hasnt been last time i looked but i gotta check
Old 05-06-10, 03:59 PM
Jherb350
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sakataj
did your card get charged? mine hasnt been last time i looked but i gotta check
Nope, I haven't been charged yet and I ordered around the April 5th.
Old 05-07-10, 12:28 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jherb350
Nope, I haven't been charged yet and I ordered around the April 5th.
yeah, i didnt think so....although maybe i should RE-balance it into my checkbook since i did take it out already myself
Old 05-07-10, 03:15 PM
VIPFAMILY
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, thanks.

Based on how they look, its not a good replacement for the way the bushing actually gets used...especially in the caster position since its guaranteed to rotate and compress. I will get something for you guys. I have the GS arm that I bought to do this and the complete IS front. While the arm geometry is slightly different, the bushings are the same I believe. I got a plan of attack now.

Fig

My idol! Your awesome good luck

So it seems you can find busings for the front arms lower and upper control arms and the "tension rod" which is the main one

but....

What about the rear? I tried looking everywhere other than Ikeya I cant really find anything. I know the IS300 toe rods in the rear are interchangeable and also FIGS makes the lower LCA but anything else?

Last edited by VIPFAMILY; 05-07-10 at 03:24 PM.
Old 05-07-10, 08:07 PM
jk7d
Rookie

didn't he email you about being in the next batch to get shipped out? my card has been charged........192 for all three bushing sets
Old 05-08-10, 05:09 AM
Jherb350
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

didn't he email you about being in the next batch to get shipped out? my card has been charged........192 for all three bushing sets
When did you order and when did your card get charged? Also have you received any notification that your order had been shipped?
Old 05-08-10, 06:16 AM
jk7d
Rookie

ordered 4/17; got email 4/19 saying control arm bushings are out of stock; told him to mail the rest and send the other set when he gets it; tracking email sent to me same day and received the sway and rack sets a week later; emailed a couple of times in the last week to get update but guy is MIA; card was charged 4/22
Old 05-10-10, 11:13 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

nope....and i only ordered the control arm bushings....the ones you havent gotten yet either

Originally Posted by Jherb350
have you received any notification that your order had been shipped?
x2

ordered 4/17; got email 4/19 saying control arm bushings are out of stock; told him to mail the rest and send the other set when he gets it; tracking email sent to me same day and received the sway and rack sets a week later; emailed a couple of times in the last week to get update but guy is MIA; card was charged 4/22
but no tracking # on the control arms right?
Old 05-10-10, 11:46 AM
FIGS
The Maker

I also just ordered a slew of bushings that I may be able to adapt or cross to the GS bushings. I will know next week.
Links - Arms - SuperPro Poly Bushings - Solid Bearing Conversions - Motor Mounts
Custom Fabrication Design and Machining - Industrial 3D Printing - Laser Cutting
Old 05-10-10, 12:36 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

I also just ordered a slew of bushings that I may be able to adapt or cross to the GS bushings. I will know next week.
nice mike, cant wait.....

not sure what to do though when i eventually DO get my daizen ones as i cant cancel it now im sure
Old 05-10-10, 12:53 PM
FIGS
The Maker

Originally Posted by sakataj
nice mike, cant wait.....

not sure what to do though when i eventually DO get my daizen ones as i cant cancel it now im sure
I beleive credit card companies have methods of dealing with these things. Its not bad if they come right? Isn't that the whole point is that you were trying to get them?
Old 05-10-10, 01:58 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

I believe credit card companies have methods of dealing with these things. Its not bad if they come right? Isn't that the whole point is that you were trying to get them?
i know it is, but if u make a better kit and its accessible to us, why do i even want them? i'll wait till u have something designed and then decide what im gonna do

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Daizen Bushings