Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Getting F-Sport Suspension Installed Tomorrow!

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-09, 02:32 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by IS-SV
I think the silencers can be installed without any disassembly. So maybe they can just put it on the lift and install Tien silencers.
yeah might ask them to do that if all else fails. Not sure about if springs defect related.
Old 09-14-09, 05:47 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

All four of mine are clunking too, but it seems more at the right rear corner. However it happens more at very slow speeds over ruts that jar the suspension. Slower dips don't cause it as much.
I am looking into the Tien silencers, but now that I hear about this defective F-spring thing, I have taken a step back to obverse some outcomes here. Everyone please keep the posts coming on this issue.
Old 09-14-09, 10:01 PM
nsxiboi
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think i'm just gonna switch to some coilovers pretty soon.
Old 09-15-09, 10:04 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This "defective F-sport" springs thing needs to be explored. First I've heard of it.

So if the bushings are properly reset during installation, what's with the clunking? I question what some installers are doing, especially when some installers are telling customers "to wait a few weeks for settling before getting alignment", that's kind of a warning sign IMO.

I'm on Eibach 350's that have same drop as F-Sports (and rumoured to be same springs although never verified), there is no clunking on speed bumps and huge bumps taken at high speeds. If they are the same springs then maybe these were a later batch, because they came from Eibach in May 2009.
Old 09-15-09, 10:30 AM
metalgear
Lexus Champion

damn looking good!
Old 09-15-09, 11:05 AM
colHolM
Rookie

This "defective F-sport" springs thing needs to be explored. First I've heard of it.

So if the bushings are properly reset during installation, what's with the clunking? I question what some installers are doing, especially when some installers are telling customers "to wait a few weeks for settling before getting alignment", that's kind of a warning sign IMO.

I'm on Eibach 350's that have same drop as F-Sports (and rumoured to be same springs although never verified), there is no clunking on speed bumps and huge bumps taken at high speeds. If they are the same springs then maybe these were a later batch, because they came from Eibach in May 2009.
Aren't the Eibachs a linear spring? The F-Sports are progressive, and the clunking comes from the coils at the top that are close together coliding when the spring get compressed quickly...

Edit: I have yet to hear about any "defective" F-Sport springs... sounds like an excuse for ignorance if you ask me.

Last edited by colHolM; 09-15-09 at 11:09 AM.
Old 09-15-09, 11:11 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by colHolM
Aren't the Eibachs a linear spring? The F-Sports are progressive, and the clunking comes from the coils at the top that are close together coliding when the spring get compressed quickly...

Edit: I have yet to hear about any "defective" F-Sport springs... sounds like an excuse for ignorance if you ask me.
Nope.

Eibach makes the F-sports, and AFAIK nobody makes a linear aftermarket spring for the 2IS. If you want linear springs you're getting the stock or sport suspension ones.
Old 09-15-09, 11:17 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Eibach springs are progressive rate.

Swift springs are linear, only ones that I'm aware of.
Old 09-15-09, 11:32 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

BTW did yours settled a few weeks after you got your springs? I see no difference in height with mine so that means bushing didn't break.
Old 09-15-09, 11:36 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by dojoman
BTW did yours settled a few weeks after you got your springs? I see no difference in height with mine so that means bushing didn't break.
No settling noticed. My alignment was done on day 1, still tracks perfectly.
Old 09-15-09, 12:59 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

No settling noticed. My alignment was done on day 1, still tracks perfectly.
Thats good. I'm still not sure the springs are defect. I'll just ask them if they can install the silencers for free.
Old 09-16-09, 01:12 PM
colHolM
Rookie

Originally Posted by Kurtz
Nope.

Eibach makes the F-sports, and AFAIK nobody makes a linear aftermarket spring for the 2IS. If you want linear springs you're getting the stock or sport suspension ones.
I must have been thinking sport suspension...
Old 10-01-09, 12:47 AM
TommyT
Lead Lap

sorry to bring this up
any update on the F-sport springs defective or not ???
Old 10-01-09, 12:49 AM
SD.IS
Lexus Test Driver

i'll ask my service advisor tomorrow, there will be a recall on the springs soon if everything goes smoothly with f-sport i believe. refer to my post in the 2is main forum for details thread name was something about noisy f-sport springs
Old 10-01-09, 08:28 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

I don't think there's defect. I just put on Tein sleeves and noise is no more. They are just springs how can there be defect?

Quick Reply: Getting F-Sport Suspension Installed Tomorrow!