Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

How to: ABS / TRAC delete!

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-11, 02:30 PM
over40driv
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im disapointed that theres not much brake advice on here lately, I have learned a lot from these previous post... My local PRO brake shop did splice on new line to repair the leak. Heres an idea of what to expect, was 24'' of brake line spliced in and a system power flush, $150.00. The next time I have any problem with the brakes I will deff. be doing the delete mod.
Old 01-17-12, 08:01 PM
zppeacock
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What were the part number you used for the fittings and lines? I skimmed threw the thread and didn't see any.
Old 01-25-12, 08:48 PM
zppeacock
Rookie

Anyone?? I know this is old.
Old 01-28-12, 11:37 AM
Cleanshots
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

i did my delete.. i when to junk yard and looked at every import and finally i spotted a yaris and right next to the master cyl there was a T i was super stoked.. you only need one..
right where the master cyl is if you go straight down to the fram and down a little bit there is a banjo there, that just goes to the back.. so make a hard line from the master cylinder down to that banjo for the rear brakes
you will be left with 3 lines at this point 2 for the front brakes and 1 from the master cyl. put your handy dandy T there and connect the last 3 lines. i love no abs if you know how to drive you will love it. deff will lock up the tires at any speed if you smash them so a ls400 BBk is plenty dont waste time and money for anything huge..
Old 01-28-12, 12:23 PM
Phamtom
Rookie

Anyone done ABS delete and put in a proportioning valve? I got myself a Wilwood proportioning valve and any tips/tricks before hand would be awesome. My car won't be on the road, so much as on the track, so wet braking isn't much of a problem, while dry braking should be improved with fine tuning of the proportioning valve combined with better pads, fluid and lines.
Old 01-28-12, 12:25 PM
Cleanshots
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

the master has one built in.. you can if you want to but i dont see the need..
Old 11-28-13, 12:25 PM
Newblue
Driver School Candidate

Default Non-trac 1uz in factory trac sc

Very interesting info & good write-up on trac-delete!
But my question is... After having just blown a head gasket on our 93 sc400 with 230k, we're planning a motor swap... And will a non-trac engine complete with its ECU work in a car that's originally TRAC- equipped from factory?
Any help/ info would be greatly appreciated... And we're also still looking for a good motor to buy as we'll!
Old 11-28-13, 01:15 PM
KahnBB6

Received 1,221 Likes on 856 Posts

Very good thread! I'm trying to achieve the opposite, however: I want to ADD the TRAC system to my 5-speed model so I can later use the RaceLogic system.

Apparently a swap harness usually deletes TRAC functions.
Old 11-28-13, 02:11 PM
articmonke
Rookie

this is one of my current objectives but i have to finish some wiring removal and custom made upper control arms on my gs300
Old 12-02-13, 08:14 AM
bmsc300
Rookie

Originally Posted by Newblue
Very interesting info & good write-up on trac-delete!
But my question is... After having just blown a head gasket on our 93 sc400 with 230k, we're planning a motor swap... And will a non-trac engine complete with its ECU work in a car that's originally TRAC- equipped from factory?
Any help/ info would be greatly appreciated... And we're also still looking for a good motor to buy as we'll!
The ECU for the TRAC system is separate from the Engine's ECU. I swapped in a 2JZ-GTE VVT-i motor that uses a completely different traction control system. I currently have no traction control system (planning on swapping in a 3.26 diff with LSD anyway later on) and removed the original 2JZ-GE TRAC ECU and all 43 lbs of hardware including the original brake lines. I replaced the brake lines with stainless braided lines.

The car is so much better to drive without ABS and without that annoying TRAC system killing the throttle as I'm turning left. I don't lose traction now with my 10.5" rear tires anyway. And the ABS that caused me to slide past stop signs because it was like LOSING brakes instead of having them. Much better now. And I also swapped in a LS400 big brake upgrade that has no problem stopping this tank from 100mph. No fade, no worries.
Old 12-27-13, 01:48 PM
spdrcr771
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Pretty good write up. Good info to have. Ive been contemplating doing the ABS so I could install a brake bias adjuster.
Old 12-29-13, 03:07 PM
bigwhite
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ive seen two guys take a stab at doing this. Id love to see a third with each deleted part and using orig. brake lines.
Old 01-07-14, 06:42 PM
poorsupra
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Cleanshots
i did my delete.. i when to junk yard and looked at every import and finally i spotted a yaris and right next to the master cyl there was a T i was super stoked.. you only need one..
right where the master cyl is if you go straight down to the fram and down a little bit there is a banjo there, that just goes to the back.. so make a hard line from the master cylinder down to that banjo for the rear brakes
you will be left with 3 lines at this point 2 for the front brakes and 1 from the master cyl. put your handy dandy T there and connect the last 3 lines. i love no abs if you know how to drive you will love it. deff will lock up the tires at any speed if you smash them so a ls400 BBk is plenty dont waste time and money for anything huge..

this is the way everyone should do it! just did mine
Old 01-07-14, 07:38 PM
jbrandon
Rookie

I will be doing this also, just got my brake line and fittings in!
Old 01-08-14, 06:48 PM
bigwhite
Lead Lap

Poorsupra, so you also deleted the accumalator and pump motor under the master cyl.?

Quick Reply: How to: ABS / TRAC delete!