Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Pic Request, IS 350 F Sport Springs H&R Springs

Old 08-07-09, 03:36 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

looking good.
Old 08-07-09, 06:23 PM
Pnuge88
Lexus Champion

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

H&R SPRINGS

old gittup

Old 08-07-09, 08:58 PM
homerjay42
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wound up going with the Tein S Tech Springs. I looked at a lot of pics, hope they give me the look I am going for when I install them tomorrow.
Old 08-08-09, 10:52 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by homerjay42
I wound up going with the Tein S Tech Springs. I looked at a lot of pics, hope they give me the look I am going for when I install them tomorrow.
On of the local San Jose area CL members has these springs of his IS250, he highly recommends them. I spoke to him a few months ago at a local hand car wash in Santa Clara.
Old 08-08-09, 07:54 PM
homerjay42
Rookie

Originally Posted by IS-SV
On of the local San Jose area CL members has these springs of his IS250, he highly recommends them. I spoke to him a few months ago at a local hand car wash in Santa Clara.
I just install the Tein S Tech springs, 15mm front and 20mm rear spacers, and the F-Sport Rear Sway (need to take pics and post) today. The install went well thanks to the DIY on here and the Lexus Technical information I grabbed from the Toyota tech site. All-in-all, it took about 5 hours mainly because I kept taking breaks and was had not air tools and was using only jackstands.

I really like the look, it was a nice clean drop. Everything fits well, no noises, not rubbing. I am thinking about dropping the rear tire profile from 40 to 35. The gap in the rear is less than 1 finger and I think I would like it to be a little bigger to match the front. I am still debating this one though.
Old 08-08-09, 11:31 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by homerjay42
I just install the Tein S Tech springs, 15mm front and 20mm rear spacers, and the F-Sport Rear Sway (need to take pics and post) today. The install went well thanks to the DIY on here and the Lexus Technical information I grabbed from the Toyota tech site. All-in-all, it took about 5 hours mainly because I kept taking breaks and was had not air tools and was using only jackstands.

I really like the look, it was a nice clean drop. Everything fits well, no noises, not rubbing. I am thinking about dropping the rear tire profile from 40 to 35. The gap in the rear is less than 1 finger and I think I would like it to be a little bigger to match the front. I am still debating this one though.
Glad the installation went well.

Give us your road test feedback (ride and handling) after a couple hundred miles.
Old 08-09-09, 05:54 AM
homerjay42
Rookie

Glad the installation went well.

Give us your road test feedback (ride and handling) after a couple hundred miles.
I will. So far so good. The ride is not harsh, even over bumps. It feels stiffer than stock, but not too much. Reminds me of a BMW with sport suspension.
Old 08-09-09, 09:34 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

F-sport springs installed at the dealer. The Front has about two fingers gap and the rear about one finger gap. Look very good with subtle drop. The ride seems a lot less harsher than my previous Lexus sports springs. The only thing I haven't noticed improve is handling, probably because I haven't take this baby on freeway yet.

Old 08-09-09, 10:33 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Dojoman - Car looks great. Hopefully you get to put some miles on it this weekend.
Old 08-09-09, 12:12 PM
TommyT
Lead Lap

Dojoman

It look real good. Hope you enjoy =)

Originally Posted by dojoman
F-sport springs installed at the dealer. The Front has about two fingers gap and the rear about one finger gap. Look very good with subtle drop. The ride seems a lot less harsher than my previous Lexus sports springs. The only thing I haven't noticed improve is handling, probably because I haven't take this baby on freeway yet.

Old 08-09-09, 12:34 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Not much miles put on yet.
@TommyT. Thanks for the springs.
Old 08-09-09, 05:51 PM
JDKane527
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just installed 15mm/20mm spacers with my OEM chromed wheels. I must say...I think I jizzed...in my pantss....
Looks damn good and perfect/flush with the H&R drop. I'll post pictures later tonight if I'm not lazy or tomorrow after the Longo meet.
Old 08-10-09, 07:28 AM
homerjay42
Rookie

Originally Posted by stonefan52
I just installed 15mm/20mm spacers with my OEM chromed wheels. I must say...I think I jizzed...in my pantss....
Looks damn good and perfect/flush with the H&R drop. I'll post pictures later tonight if I'm not lazy or tomorrow after the Longo meet.
I haev the same spacers with my Tein s Tech drop. The looks is outstanding and the fit is perfect. So far, no rubbing at all.
Old 08-14-09, 09:49 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by dojoman
Not much miles put on yet.
@TommyT. Thanks for the springs.
dojoman - How are you liking the springs after you've put a few miles on the car this week?
Old 08-14-09, 10:30 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

dojoman - How are you liking the springs after you've put a few miles on the car this week?
So far so good. The ride is actually a lot more comfortable than stock sports springs, I couldn't believe the ride was very harsh on sports springs compared to F-sport. These feel more springier. The only major CON is the famous clunk or thud noise. I hear them when I go over big speed bumps. Good thing is I don't hear them on normal road. The drop is very nice, and I'm not seeing the springs settle people were talking about. They look exactly the same from day one to now. I guess springs are not supposed to "settle". The bushings got broken from improper install, not settle. I'm gonna take some better pics this weekend.

Here are some more pics.

Last edited by dojoman; 08-15-09 at 09:11 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pic Request, IS 350 F Sport Springs H&R Springs