Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Pic Request, IS 350 F Sport Springs H&R Springs

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-09, 04:07 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SpecLexus
A rather noob suggestion, but once your springs have been installed, shifting them from one side of the car to the other wouldn't be all that hard. So my suggestion is to rotate them just like you would your tire. After the springs have settled, can't you rotate your driver side shock/spring to the passenger side? So then your new springs on the driver side will settle just the same. Is there something wrong with my logic? Am I missing something here?
IMO unnecessary and could cost around $200.
Old 07-23-09, 04:24 PM
datboililp
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by homerjay42
I feel like i was just mind ninja'ed.

I don't need adjustability. What I do need is a nice drop, firmer ride, a good price, and a product that will not blow my shocks too prematurely.

Will the H&R springs lower the car to the point where the stock shocks will fail? I was under the impression, before reading the 7K issue, that they would wear on the shocks more, but that I would likely not have an issue for a long time (basically, not much shorter than normal shock life).
also under the same impression.. i thought the shocks would def take some wear from the springs.. but how long? i also looking for a cheap effective drop and coils are expensive and i doubt i'll ever change the height once i set it..
Old 07-23-09, 07:48 PM
homerjay42
Rookie

Sportbikes were so much easier to deal with...

So, now I have some other questions. I have been reading/hearing mixed information about 2 other subjects. 1: Spring noise and 2: ability to align tires.

Do H&R springs make more noise? Should I wrap them, and what the hell does wrapping spring even mean?

Will I be able to have my alignment set or will camber, toe, etc be off?

Basically, I would prefer the springs to be quiet and constently replacing tires due to premature wear would be $$$. Any more advice...
Old 07-23-09, 09:55 PM
Mnguyen409
Driver School Candidate

after reading this thread i was planning to do tokico shock and strut set and h & r springs... any comments.... and did anyone done this yet i want to know how is the ride. reading this thread it say that h&r ride smoother and it have a lower stance but the oem shocks would blow out. so that is y im considering the tokico shocks.
Old 07-24-09, 08:36 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

i'm about to buy F-sport springs since 20% off will only last 1 more week. My other concern is....will my tires wear out sooner with this springs?
Old 07-24-09, 11:55 AM
SpecLexus
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The suggestion was in reference to matching the height w/o coilovers. And plus switching out the spring/shock is far quicker and an easier DIY than changing out the spring. So once you pay someone to chang out to fsport springs, you could in theory (a few weeks later) change out the entire spring/shock set from one side to the other. Merely an idea.
Old 07-24-09, 11:58 AM
JDKane527
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here's the best pictures I have of the drop on H&R. Sorry this is like, 2 days overdue!! hahaha

Hope that helps
Old 07-24-09, 01:15 PM
homerjay42
Rookie

Have you had any issues with noise / alignment? Do I have to get silencers for these springs and will I be able to get my alignment close enough that I won't have horrible tire wear? Thanks!!
Old 07-24-09, 02:32 PM
JDKane527
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For H&R, no silencers needed. People tell me that when they walk alongside my car and I roll by slowly, they can hear something like one of my shocks went bad. I don't hear it from inside, but I'm going with F-Sport shocks when the time comes around. Alignment is out of spec, but it's not too bad.
Old 07-24-09, 02:35 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

Damn it!!! I can't decide whether to drop my car or not. I really hate doing these alignment crap after dropping.
Old 07-25-09, 03:56 AM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

yes, you will need an alignment. otherwise expect uneven (and even accelerated) tire wear.

in regards to the shocks, i had s-techs on my 2is for over 20k miles, and when i changed set-ups my oem shocks were fine - not leaking, not blown. however, i've heard of oem shocks that have prematurely failed... on oem springs.
Old 07-25-09, 06:40 AM
homerjay42
Rookie

It looks like I am going to go with H&R.
Old 07-25-09, 07:34 AM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

^ good choice of springs.

make sure to post some pics, or this discussion never took place.
Old 07-25-09, 09:18 AM
homerjay42
Rookie

I will. I will prob order these on Monday and then install them the weenend after I get them.
Old 07-25-09, 03:57 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dojoman
Damn it!!! I can't decide whether to drop my car or not. I really hate doing these alignment crap after dropping.
Make sure alignment is included in installation price quoted. Best to use an experienced shop that does both anyway.

Quick Reply: Pic Request, IS 350 F Sport Springs H&R Springs