Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

help with drop

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-09, 09:48 PM
blueonyxGS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up help with drop

hey everyone. i am thinking about dropping my stock 01 gs3 but i need some help. before i get everyone yelling out "search" i've already tried but i'm a newbie so the answers i get don't make sense to me. im in nyc and the roads suck. i want to drop the car moderately about 1''. i'm thinking about using either the eibach pro kit or the nf210. can someone tell me the pros + cons of dropping please. does dropping help with performance/handling? is it purely cosmetic? does it make the ride uncomfortable? basically, i want a nice but moderate drop along with nice wheels that upgrade performance but maintain the lexus feel. is that even possible? if so, what is the best kit and wheel setup that will give me better performance but not at the expense of the luxury ride. also, when dropping, do i just have to buy a spring kit or replace other things as well? thanks in advance.
Old 06-22-09, 10:51 PM
GS300ToM
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by blueonyxgs
Does dropping help with performance/handling?
yes it does... Surely handles a bit better than stock but with some sway bars it will ride like a beast lol

is it purely cosmetic?
depends on how u feel about it

does it make the ride uncomfortable?
depends on how low it is and how much road u want to feel but 1" inch drop shouldnt affect anything except a little camber/toe

basically, i want a nice but moderate drop along with nice wheels that upgrade performance but maintain the lexus feel. Is that even possible?
do it right the 1st time, you wont go wrong... And yes!!!

do i just have to buy a spring kit or replace other things as well? Thanks in advance.
most people would say to upgrade your shocks because your stocks will blower sooner than you think with aftermarket springs... But its a recommended thing.. Keep that in mind and dont cheap out :d
yeeeezzzzzzzirrrrrr
Old 06-23-09, 08:04 AM
blueonyxGS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow thats very helpful, thanks a lot. this puts me even more on the fence about the drop because of the possibility that it might make the ride uncomfortable. a lot of people on CL are running new springs with stock shocks. is it just a matter of time before they shocks blow or can you really do it without worrying about it too much? also, what wheels would you recommend with the drop? can i use wheels/rims from the 06+ gs? thanks again.
Old 06-23-09, 08:53 AM
GS300ToM
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

you can do it without worrying but like i said, its recommend u do it with new shocks.. with 1 inch drop, you shouldnt have to worry about it beeing uncomfortable cuz u wont feel and road like i would being this low that i am...wheeels totally depends on what style you like really.. check out the search button and yes the 06 wheels will fit without a problem